[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

@Malah , a bug report for QuickMute 1.0.9 in KSP 1.1.3. If KSP is muted when you launch a vehicle from VAB/SPH, and then un-mute it, the engine sounds are not coming back on. If a new engine is enabled (for example, through staging), that engine will be audible again.

If this bug was fixed in the later versions, then please excuse me - I still haven't migrated to KSP 1.1.2. Reporting just in case you want to check it out :)

3 hours ago, Malah said:

There's already this feature on QuickStart for EVE, can you try to put the delay on the settings to 5 seconds ? (if it works, I will added Sci Fi pack to the 5 seconds default option).

:o gotcha - I'll report back in a moment if it works

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I love Quick iva and Quick hide, they make RPM even more enjoyable. I have small request if you dont mind. Could you add config options for autohide every element of stock ui.  I prefer to not see any ui when piloting using RPM but sometimes I just need to look at something real quick. The way it works for stock app bar is perfect. Can you add it to rest of stock ui?

Edited by EmielRegis

4 hours ago, EmielRegis said:

Hello. I love Quick iva and Quick hide, they make RPM even more enjoyable. I have small request if you dont mind. Could you add config options for autohide every element of stock ui.  I prefer to not see any ui when piloting using RPM but sometimes I just need to look at something real quick. The way it works for stock app bar is perfect. Can you add it to rest of stock ui?

Thanks for this kind of idea, I can't do it soon, but it will be on my planned functions.

I am having the same situation with Quick IVA,  the GUI for quick brake and quick sas has also failed when pressing the stock toolbar button.

Not known if below is help, I will get the whole thing uploaded somewhere, I have 124 mods installed through CKAN, so it may be another mod conflicting somewhere. 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI.<LanguageAPI>m__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI
  at QuickBrake.QLang.translate (System.String lang, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QLang.translate (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QBlizzyToolbar.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QGUI.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_8

Edited by WhitestWizard

22 hours ago, WhitestWizard said:

I am having the same situation with Quick IVA,  the GUI for quick brake and quick sas has also failed when pressing the stock toolbar button.

Not known if below is help, I will get the whole thing uploaded somewhere, I have 124 mods installed through CKAN, so it may be another mod conflicting somewhere. 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI.<LanguageAPI>m__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI
  at QuickBrake.QLang.translate (System.String lang, System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QLang.translate (System.String text) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QBlizzyToolbar.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QGUI.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:

http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_8

Can you send me your .ckan which allow me to easily install all the mods you have and make some test.
And if you want to help, you also can test which mod makes conflict, thanks ...

On 06/01/2017 at 11:21 AM, xNeil Armstrong said:

I installed QuickIVA and the settings menu at the KSC is blank. So i cant change any of the settings, do you guys know of a fix?

http://imgur.com/RXXbfWZ

Logs ...

@malah

File as requested: http://www.filedropper.com/installed-default

I have been been attempting to find out myself by removing mods. but haven't hit the jackpot yet. The functionality all appears to be there. My brakes are on at launch and I can amend SAS by the numpad etc however without being able to action the quick iva gui unable to change hotkeys and the like.

Thank you for any help

16 hours ago, WhitestWizard said:

I believe the issue was caused by the AnomalySurveyor contract pack 

I wouldn't understand the how etc, but when I removed this, everything worked again. 

Thanks for the time passed, it's the only mod you have which made this error? As this mod isn't officially compatible for KSP 1.2, it doesn't help me to try to find the incompatibility.

17 hours ago, xNeil Armstrong said:

Same error as others ...

For some reason QuickStart is continously throwing a ReflectionTypeLoadException when loading up my highly modded install.

However, QuickStart is running fine on a low modded install, was running fine on the highly modded install and was not updated. So I assume this is a error related to other mods or the combination of mods.

Does anyone have an idea in which direction I should search? I tried reinstalling Quickstart and removing the mods which were the latest updates but this doesn't helped.

Spoiler

[LOG 21:29:01.968] KerbalEngineer -> Executing: KerbalEngineer - 1.1.2.8
[LOG 21:29:01.969] KerbalEngineer -> Assembly: D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\KSP\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll
[LOG 21:29:01.969] KerbalEngineer -> images (UnityEngine.AssetBundle)
[LOG 21:29:01.970] KSP-AVC -> Executing: KSP-AVC - 1.1.6.2
[LOG 21:29:01.971] KSP-AVC -> Assembly: D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\KSP\GameData\KSP-AVC\KSP-AVC.dll
[LOG 21:29:01.971] KSP-AVC -> Starter was created.
[LOG 21:29:01.972] KSP-AVC -> Checking Root: D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\KSP\GameData
[LOG 21:29:01.972] KSP-AVC -> CheckerProgressGui was created.
[LOG 21:29:01.973] PlanetShine -> Executing: PlanetShine - 1.0.6121.34655
[LOG 21:29:01.974] PlanetShine -> Assembly: D:\Spiele\Steam\SteamApps\common\KSP\GameData\PlanetShine\Plugins\PlanetShine.dll
[EXC 21:29:01.994] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI.<LanguageAPI>m__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    LanguagePatches.LanguageAPI..cctor ()
    QuickStart.QLang.translate (System.String lang, System.String text)
    QuickStart.QLang.translate (System.String text)
    QuickStart.QLoading.OnGUI ()
[EXC 21:29:02.046] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Type].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable)
[LOG 21:29:02.089] AssetLoader:finished
[LOG 21:29:02.095] AssetLoader: get all materials
[EXC 21:29:02.105] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
[EXC 21:29:02.108] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
[LOG 21:29:02.111] Load(Audio): CameraTools/Sounds/windhowl
[EXC 21:29:02.115] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

EDIT: Just recognized thats the same error already reported here. OK, then I will try to find the conflicting mod if I find time. BTW, what's a ReflectionTypeLoadException?
Strange thing is, the other reports here in the thread are older, but QS was working yesterday for me. No errors in the old logs (Using KSPDEV Logging Mod). Never had this before.

EDIT2: OK, after shredding my 170 mod install down to 40, I've got it. For any reason ShowFPS was installed. I Installed it in ANOTHER KSP-install today but it seems I have installed it accidently into my highly modded install. Removing it and the (my) error is gone.

Edited by Jebs_SY

This bug is an incompatibility with LanguageAPI and mods which are not updated for the last version of KSP.
I will update the API to correct this bug ...

But the good question is why you play with un-updated mods ?

• 2 weeks later...

Malah, I had an interesting thought for QuickStart. Would it be possible to use the font and color that the main menu options are written in? That blocky yellow font? It would make it look a bit more fine tuned if it matched the in-game dialogues more. Just a thought.

17 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Malah, I had an interesting thought for QuickStart. Would it be possible to use the font and color that the main menu options are written in? That blocky yellow font? It would make it look a bit more fine tuned if it matched the in-game dialogues more. Just a thought.

It's an idea, I will add it on a futur version but it won't be done soon, sorry.

1 minute ago, Malah said:

It's an idea, I will add it on a futur version but it won't be done soon, sorry.

Aye I can understand that. The mod works great right now and since it's just a cosmetic improvement it isn't in any rush. :)

I'm just curious, is there a way to make QuickBrake not automatically turn off the brakes as soon as you activate a stage?

for example, launching a jet and letting the engines warm up, then manually releasing the brake.  rather than engine start -> have to enable brakes again.

Edited by TK421d

On 31/01/2017 at 7:57 PM, TK421d said:

I'm just curious, is there a way to make QuickBrake not automatically turn off the brakes as soon as you activate a stage?

for example, launching a jet and letting the engines warm up, then manually releasing the brake.  rather than engine start -> have to enable brakes again.

I think it's a bug thanks :wink: (After thinking no it was a feature I will add a new option for this :wink: ) already done ...

Edited by Malah

On 31/01/2017 at 7:57 PM, TK421d said:

I had forgotten that this feature was done, you just have to disable the Un Brake At Launch option ...

Edited by Malah

Hey Malah, i've noticed an annoying bug with QuickMute. After scene change with quickmute activated im getting an Exception and all sounds set to 0%

it works fine without scene change

Spoiler

QuickMute(QStockToolbar)[1.22]: Refresh

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()
  at QuickMute.QMute.refreshAudioSource () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QMute.refresh (Boolean mute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Mute (Boolean mute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Mute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edit: checked it with clean install, same result

Edited by eLDude

7 hours ago, eLDude said:

Hey Malah, i've noticed an annoying bug with QuickMute. After scene change with quickmute activated im getting an Exception and all sounds set to 0%

it works fine without scene change

Reveal hidden contents

QuickMute(QStockToolbar)[1.22]: Refresh

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()
  at QuickMute.QMute.refreshAudioSource () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QMute.refresh (Boolean mute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Mute (Boolean mute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Mute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at QuickMute.QGUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edit: checked it with clean install, same result

Can you send the full log please.

On 7/4/2016 at 10:22 AM, gerishnakov said:

I recently used QuickStart to jump straight to a vessel, and once I had control I found that all my contract progression had been reset. I'm on KSP 1.1.3 and my version of QuickStart is up to date.

I have this problem, here is a log of it happening:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0STyNDHlUuyRS0tdGFMaHVsX0U

Many people are probably getting this and dont know its from quickstart. In 1.2.2 and up to date.

Edited by Liquid5n0w

21 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

I have this problem, here is a log of it happening:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0STyNDHlUuyRS0tdGFMaHVsX0U
Many people are probably getting this and dont know its from quickstart. In 1.2.2 and up to date.

Ahhh, thx for pointing this out. Can also confirm that happen still with KSP 1.2.2 and Quick Start 2.12.
I was always wondering what was killing my contracts... fortunately I had backups.