[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

49 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

In the game settings you can already set it up like that.

Thank you Gordon Dry. For some reason my google search for this turned up a forum post that said Squad didn't want to implement this functionality because they didn't want people flying entirely from the flight map and cited the inability to stage in it as evidence. I had somehow overlooked this option every time I went into the settings so it seemed believable, I suppose I should have looked again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I seem to be getting a Nullref on leaving the SPH sometimes and it's tied to QuickBrake:

Exception handling event OnFlightGlobalsReady in class QBrake:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleWheelBase.ActionUIUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleWheelBase.ActAutoFrictionToggle (.KSPActionParam act) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseAction.Invoke (.KSPActionParam param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupList.ToggleGroup (KSPActionGroup group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupList.SetGroup (KSPActionGroup group, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QBrake.OnFlightGlobalsReady (Boolean ready) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[System.Boolean].Fire (Boolean data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I was getting this exception thrown once when I launched a craft. From the text I'm assuming its QuickBrake, also considering the other funky things I'll mention below. The Nullref vanished when I removed QuickBrake from my install.

Image in game:

Lz7civW.png

Also when this happens, QuickBrake also doesn't seem to effect the craft at launch. In that picture the brake light is on, but the craft still rolls freely. The nullref only happens some of the times and I can't predict when it happens and when it doesn't. The only thing it seems to mess with is that the craft isn't braked on launch despite the brake light being active.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 15/07/2017 at 8:50 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey, I seem to be getting a Nullref on leaving the SPH sometimes and it's tied to QuickBrake:

Exception handling event OnFlightGlobalsReady in class QBrake:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleWheelBase.ActionUIUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleWheelBase.ActAutoFrictionToggle (.KSPActionParam act) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseAction.Invoke (.KSPActionParam param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupList.ToggleGroup (KSPActionGroup group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupList.SetGroup (KSPActionGroup group, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickBrake.QBrake.OnFlightGlobalsReady (Boolean ready) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[System.Boolean].Fire (Boolean data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I was getting this exception thrown once when I launched a craft. From the text I'm assuming its QuickBrake, also considering the other funky things I'll mention below. The Nullref vanished when I removed QuickBrake from my install.

Image in game:

Lz7civW.png

Also when this happens, QuickBrake also doesn't seem to effect the craft at launch. In that picture the brake light is on, but the craft still rolls freely. The nullref only happens some of the times and I can't predict when it happens and when it doesn't. The only thing it seems to mess with is that the craft isn't braked on launch despite the brake light being active.

Hello, thanks for this report, can you send the full log please ?

58 minutes ago, Malah said:

Hello, thanks for this report, can you send the full log please ?

Sure, here's the full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtuzprpn6g3a061/output_log.txt?dl=0

Do you think you know what's wrong? I'm retesting with it as the only thing installed to make sure it's not one of my other QoL mods.

EDIT: Yes - it still occurs when it's the only mod installed

Edited by Avera9eJoe

20 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Sure, here's the full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtuzprpn6g3a061/output_log.txt?dl=0

Do you think you know what's wrong? I'm retesting with it as the only thing installed to make sure it's not one of my other QoL mods.

EDIT: Yes - it still occurs when it's the only mod installed

Hello, I haven't found how to reproduce your error, it seems it has something with actiongroups (I use action groups to activate brake function), if you have an other idea/information?

2 hours ago, Malah said:

Hello, I haven't found how to reproduce your error, it seems it has something with actiongroups (I use action groups to activate brake function), if you have an other idea/information?

:/ Odd... Here is the craft file on KerbalX if it would aid you? The glitch seems to appear at random after moving the craft around in the SPH and launching, or just randomly on launching from the SPH. I can't think of anything else though. Perhaps a clean install of Kerbal is needed, not just removing and re-adding mods.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WhitestWizard said:

Thank you, recently installed that mod, but never used the observatory yet to spot that background image.

Thank you

The problem only occurs in the latest release (just a day old).  The developer is aware of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I've determined that QuickGoto is causing Ui lockout bugs, where UI events get ignored, like the Esc key, many mouse events, and UI buttons commonly on the upper right in the Space Centre, R&D, VAB/SPH, and other scenes.

A way to trigger the bug. at least with a number of other mods, is to run the mouse pointer over the QuickGoto icon on the App Launcher.  I also think it can be triggered in other ways, especially when KSP is highly modded.

QuickGoto is also the work around for the bug.  If  in an editor, QuickGoto to the Space Centre first unlocks the UI lockup and then transfers the scene.

Here's a set of logs with lockup events on it, then another set with the same set of mods with QuickGoto removed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21udwe600614y4t/20170826a-UI-lockout-bug.7z?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwlllyf236tdy2c/20170826b-UI-lockout-bug.7z?dl=1

Edited by Jacke

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2017 at 6:45 PM, Jacke said:

I've determined that QuickGoto is causing Ui lockout bugs, where UI events get ignored, like the Esc key, many mouse events, and UI buttons commonly on the upper right in the Space Centre, R&D, VAB/SPH, and other scenes.

A way to trigger the bug. at least with a number of other mods, is to run the mouse pointer over the QuickGoto icon on the App Launcher.  I also think it can be triggered in other ways, especially when KSP is highly modded.

QuickGoto is also the work around for the bug.  If  in an editor, QuickGoto to the Space Centre first unlocks the UI lockup and then transfers the scene.

Here's a set of logs with lockup events on it, then another set with the same set of mods with QuickGoto removed.

Yep, it's a [known bug](https://github.com/malahx/QuickMods/issues/33). Looks like some of the mods have been fixed, but QuickGoto is not one of them, unfortunately :(

• 2 weeks later...

@Malah I know quick-scroll was made mostly obsolete when scrolling was added to the stock game, but it had a feature which I still really miss; the ability to hold ctrl while scrolling and have that change categories. Is there any chance you could make a mod that just adds that back in?  
Thanks for making these mods, they are really useful! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 6:32 AM, katateochi said:

@Malah I know quick-scroll was made mostly obsolete when scrolling was added to the stock game, but it had a feature which I still really miss; the ability to hold ctrl while scrolling and have that change categories. Is there any chance you could make a mod that just adds that back in?  
Thanks for making these mods, they are really useful! 

Indeed! I second your request!

• 1 month later...

Hello, it's a long time that I haven't come here... Sorry for that, but I haven't the time to maintain, correct or update my mods. If someone want to keep them alive you can in the respect of the license (GPL) and Thanks for all the fish :wink:

Edited by Malah

@Malah First off, sad to see you have to back off from modding KSP. :( I've always found you to be most polite and generous in your support of your mods.
I have been using just about all of your mods, since the beginning. I consider them in my "Top Most Needed, Quality of Life List of Mods" :P
I want to express MUCH appreciation for your time and contributions, to making my KSP experience SO much better.
Also, THANK YOU very much for leaving your mods with open licenses, so hopefully someone can pick up, and run with the torch.

As Always, Take Care
Live Long and Prosper
and
Thanx for All the Fish

Edited by Stone Blue

7 hours ago, Malah said:

Hello, it's a long time that I haven't come here... Sorry for that, but I haven't the time to maintain, correct or update my mods. If someone want to keep them alive you can in the respect of the license (GPL) and Thanks for all the fish :wink:

No worries Malah, it's been an honor to serve with you :) See you in the country.

On 8/27/2017 at 12:45 AM, Jacke said:

QuickGoTo Fix:

i thought i should mention this in case somebody else has this problem: you can fix this behaviour in the in-game console of ksp: press alt+f12 and there's a button to clear control locks :wink: 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...