[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

Just now, Kolago said:

QuickSearch  is not working. Just for me or does somebody else have the same problem? No erros in the log.

Which version are you using?

And the fact that there aren't errors in the log doest mean you shouldn't post the log file

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Linuxgurugamer.  Thanks for continuing this mod.  It is ESSENTIAL.  Why, you ask?  Apparently one of my few mods often disables the buttons in the upper right corner of the KSP screen.  In the VAB/SPH, when that happens, I cannot click on anything in the screen, i.e., menus, parts, etc.   Quick Goto gets me out of that problem.  For instance, when stuck in the VAB, I'll use Quick Goto to go to the SC.  In the SC, I then click on the VAB to go back in.  Also, I am unable to click on any part in the menu or on the vehicle.

The upper-right buttons I am referring to are: New, Load, Save, Launch, Exit

Edited by Apollo13

I just discovered the offending mod that causes the problem I describe:  Quick Goto

Specifically, when I mouse over the Quick Goto icon in the VAB/SC/TS/whatever, the upper-right buttons are disabled. When I don't click any of the icons on the Quick Goto popup, those buttons remain disabled.

If your program is executing commands to disable those upper-right buttons, would it be possible to remove them.

Edited by Apollo13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 8:17 AM, Apollo13 said:

I just discovered the offending mod that causes the problem I describe:  Quick Goto

Specifically, when I mouse over the Quick Goto icon in the VAB/SC/TS/whatever, the upper-right buttons are disabled. When I don't click any of the icons on the Quick Goto popup, those buttons remain disabled.

If your program is executing commands to disable those upper-right buttons, would it be possible to remove them.

Fixed in my release 

@linuxgurugamer, thanks for supporting so many mods.  Great work!  I watch your Sunday Twitch stream on occasion (when RL doesn't interfere) and enjoy that, too.

I recently installed QuickSearch on a heavily modded game in career mode.  I had used it before, found it very useful and waited until it was updated for KSP 1.4.x.

I'm running KSP v1.4.2, QuickSearch v3.2.1 (according to CKAN's mod list and AVC), v3.2.1.1 (according to CKAN's status log on installation) and v3.2.1.0 (in the KSP log file, line 1922), Win 10.  Log file (output_log) here (no relevant errors that I can see).

When in the R&D Centre I noticed that my cursor would occasionally hang temporarily when I hovered over a part icon in the right hand parts window.  When panning the tech tree, the motion wasn't smooth.  There was no entry in the QuickSearch edit box. The console and output log are spammed with the text "QuickSearch(QRnD)[3.21]: Find: " (from line 77655 to line 426589 in the log).

I removed QuickSearch and the msg spam disappeared; there was no pan delay and no cursor hang.  When I reinstalled, the msgs reappeared, although I couldn't recreate the cursor hang.  If I enter a search term in the edit box, the spam includes the search term.

This seems to be highly repeatable so if you need anything else, please ask.

Edited by Brigadier

13 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

@linuxgurugamer, thanks for supporting so many mods.  Great work!  I watch your Sunday Twitch stream on occasion (when RL doesn't interfere) and enjoy that, too.

I recently installed QuickSearch on a heavily modded game in career mode.  I had used it before, found it very useful and waited until it was updated for KSP 1.4.x.

I'm running KSP v1.4.2, QuickSearch v3.2.1 (according to CKAN's mod list and AVC), v3.2.1.1 (according to CKAN's status log on installation) and v3.2.1.0 (in the KSP log file, line 1922), Win 10.  Log file (output_log) here (no relevant errors that I can see).

When in the R&D Centre I noticed that my cursor would occasionally hang temporarily when I hovered over a part icon in the right hand parts window.  When panning the tech tree, the motion wasn't smooth.  There was no entry in the QuickSearch edit box. The console and output log are spammed with the text "QuickSearch(QRnD)[3.21]: Find: " (from line 77655 to line 426589 in the log).

I removed QuickSearch and the msg spam disappeared; there was no pan delay and no cursor hang.  When I reinstalled, the msgs reappeared, although I couldn't recreate the cursor hang.  If I enter a search term in the edit box, the spam includes the search term.

This seems to be highly repeatable so if you need anything else, please ask.

I'll take a look, the cursor hang was probably due to the log spam.  Sounds like a left-over debug statement

• 4 weeks later...

I reinstalled QS today to check.  Console spam is still happening and makes using QuickSearch untenable for me.  Disclaimer: it appears to be the same version of QS as before so similar performance is expected.  Any progress?  Would you like a GitHub issue?

KSP v1.4.3 on Windows 10, QS v3.2.1

Log file (see starting at line 162863)

Console screen shot

Edited by Brigadier

28 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I reinstalled QS today to check.  Console spam is still happening and makes using QuickSearch untenable for me.  Disclaimer: it appears to be the same version of QS as before so similar performance is expected.  Any progress?  Would you like a GitHub issue?

Console screen shot

I'll look at the log later.  

55 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Console screen shot

Please move discussions about the current version to the new thread here, I don't follow this thread anymore:

and, I've commented out that line.  I can't make it happen the way you are showing, but I've commented out that line (is only supposed to write a line when you type something, not every frame).  See the above thread for details on the new release