How did you get into KSP?

Australian Sloth

Someone mentioned it on an IRC channel I frequent. I\'ve always liked this sort of games and I\'d tried to get into orbiter but found that the learning curve was too steep so I dived right into KSP.

It was /v/\'s flavor of the month late last year. Many threads of failed rockets filled the board and much hilarity was had. The swastika SRB rocket was a particular favorite of mine...

I was randomly looking at a list of Space flight simulators on wikipedia and saw KSP was the newest of the bunch and had only been around for 3 or 4 months at that point, and it was free (though i quickly parted with my money). and i\'ve been hooked ever since.

There was a screenshot on reddit of a capsuled destroyed on the surface with one of the kerbalnauts screaming and jeb smilling: they were out of fuel and only one of them was scared. So I downloaded the game, I always loved lunar lander!

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I downloaded it a long time ago, and couldn\'t do anything.

That probably had more to do with the fact that I was fourteen or fifteen than anything else.

Imagine a 12 year old looking for space sims on the internet and finding orbiter, and enjoying it for about 2 years (got replaced by TESIII Morrowind).

I learnt about the game from a hungarian gamers forum. At first I though it was just some simple flash-like game, so I wasn\'t realy intrested, but I like games with space-travel setting so in the end I decided to give it a try... then I realised I was playing it for 6 hours.