[1.0.5] Kosmodrome - Space Centre v1.0 Career Edition (24.02.2016)

Divico

Thanks for a great mod! I've made a config files which spawn the launch site in Baikonur in RSS.

I don't know why, but sometimes if I launch stuff directly after loading a save using Kosmodrome in RSS (next to the default RSS site there), it spawns the ship way way underground and Kosmodrome is nowhere to be seen, but after reverting and lunching again it spawns properly. This have to do something with mysterious workings of Kerbal Konstructs maybe?

The screens of new pads look exciting - do you intend to make a Kourou-like site in a fashion similar to Baikonur-like Kosmodrome?

Edited by hamiltonianflow

Sorry for my absence. Yes, I started working on an update.

But for now, 0.9b is available at Kerbalstuff. It has only updated config files for the latest Kerbal Konstructs.

This means it has now open and close costs in career mode. I've set it to 1000/500 for now (place holder values).

-> How expensive should opening a Launchsite at the Kosmodrome be?

• Cheap, since it's depending on the original KSC anyway (partnumber and weight are still limited by the KSC)
  • Expensive, since this is a "complete" new Space Centre and should cost a lot
  • A mix. One cheap Lauchpad, one expensive etc.

Some feedback would be welcome.

I feel that the Soyuz pad should be cheaper than the Proton pad. Would it be possible to give each pad a base cost? Then the first pad to be opened would cost [base cost + space center cost], but the rest of the pads would just be [base cost].

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really want it in RSS. Mostly, because, I'm using RealFuels and RO. Yeah-yeah, I know, that KK does not support rescaled systems.

So waiting and hoping for this.

Also, Divico, take a look on Plesetsk Cosmodrome. I think, that it will be really nice to add it to KK.

As long as you're using the recent edition of Kerbal Konstructs, you can rest assured that this will work for pretty much any future versions of KSP. As long as KK works, this will too.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want it in RSS. Mostly, because, I'm using RealFuels and RO. Yeah-yeah, I know, that KK does not support rescaled systems.

So waiting and hoping for this.

Also, Divico, take a look on Plesetsk Cosmodrome. I think, that it will be really nice to add it to KK.

That's news to me. They might not natively support it simply because their configs are based on the coords on a regular scaled planet, but beyond that I don't see why it wouldn't work if you placed the static objects yourself using the KK interface.

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to use this alongside 64k, and when I launch a vessel the site is visible for a split-second and disappears, so I launch in an empty desert. This is certainly because the site is underground. How do I change the height of the Kosmodrome so it's no longer underground.

Also, is there a config for adding the site as a remotetech station?

• 4 weeks later...
I was trying to use this alongside 64k, and when I launch a vessel the site is visible for a split-second and disappears, so I launch in an empty desert. This is certainly because the site is underground. How do I change the height of the Kosmodrome so it's no longer underground.

Also, is there a config for adding the site as a remotetech station?

KerbalKonstructs doesn't work with RSS. I believe KK places the objects first, then the planet gets resized. You'll have to ask in the RSS or KK thread.

I'll add remotetech support in the next version.

Can you make a Kouru Version?

The next version will have a Kourou-like launch pad (size: 3x 1.875m or 2.5 with 1.25 boosters). See preview picture on the previous page.

I decided this would go nicely with my Project Alexandria Real Solar System installation, so I created an RSS launch site for myself in Baikonur, Kazakhstan.

Last time I checked RSS I could place the objects, but when the scene reloads it all droped bellow ground. Is it working now? What did you do?

Version 1.0 "Career Mode Edition" or "Val's Sandbox" is now available on Kerbal Stuff.

I've redone "Gagarin's Pad" from scratch rescaled it to fit Kerbal-scale better (1 Kerbal meter ~ 0.5 m).

I did this so Tantares or "early rockes" don't looks so small.

I've also moved the site a bit to the east, closer to the sea. It's now in a more interessting landscape with mountains and some sort of a swamp (rover test ground?). The bay a few km south east could look nice with some harbour parts from KerbinSide...

45°N configs are not yet done.

Well, turns out KerbalKonstructs works with RSS after all. I'm considering making a realistic Baikonur for RSS.

But for now (and the impatient); here's how to make the previous version of Kosmodrome (v 0.9b) work:

1. Download Kosmodrome 0.9b (NOT the current one!) from [Moderator removed defunct website]. You'll find it in the Changlog Tab.
  2. Copy the Kosmodrome folder from the .zip to your /GameData folder. Don't use the medsouz folder, it's oudated.
  3. Get the latest KerbalKostructs from [Moderator removed defunct website] and install it. You can delete the statics folder in it, it's just examples. They probably don't work and just take up memory.
  4. Gete these configs here and copy them to /GameData/Kosmodrome/Static. Overwrite the existing ones.
  5. Give it a try. And some feedback.

I placed the site right next to the relocated KSC in Khazachstan, however this seems to cause some flickering (this may be normal, I'm not used to RSS). Better leave the KSC somewhere else, i.e. Florida.

Baikonur LC1 or Gagarin's start is oriented directly to the east as per Google-Maps.

VIaeYsH.png?1

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Well, turns out KerbalKonstructs works with RSS after all. I'm considering making a realistic Baikonur for RSS.

But for now (and the impatient); here's how to make the previous version of Kosmodrome (v 0.9b) work:

1. Download Kosmodrome 0.9b (NOT the current one!) from Kerbalstuff.com. You'll find it in the Changlog Tab.
  2. Copy the Kosmodrome folder from the .zip to your /GameData folder. Don't use the medsouz folder, it's oudated.
  3. Get the latest KerbalKostructs from Kerbalstuff.com and install it. You can delete the statics folder in it, it's just examples. They probably don't work and just take up memory.
  4. Gete these configs here and copy them to /GameData/Kosmodrome/Static. Overwrite the existing ones.
  5. Give it a try. And some feedback.

I placed the site right next to the relocated KSC in Khazachstan, however this seems to cause some flickering (this may be normal, I'm not used to RSS). Better leave the KSC somewhere else, i.e. Florida.

Baikonur LC1 or Gagarin's start is oriented directly to the east as per Google-Maps.

http://i.imgur.com/VIaeYsH.png?1

Divico, your timing is impeccable!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.