[1.0.5] Kosmodrome - Space Centre v1.0 Career Edition (24.02.2016)

Divico

On 11/25/2016 at 4:00 PM, SRiley77 said:

Sorry for the apparent zombie thread:

in 1.2.1, I'm experiencing the same issues that a few folks above had reported.  The plateau (with nearly the entirety of the Kosmodrome) vanishes at certain angles.  What is usually only visible is the launchpads.  The spawn point for the runway is underneath, so attempting to use it may cause the plane to hit the bottom of the runway, causing explosions.

I hope that this mod can be updated to work in new versions.  It is a nice launch point to have as an alternate to KSC.

I think the whole launch pad needs to be moved elsewhere, but I have no idea how to do so.

SRiley77 - Yes, I got the similar problem, but can resolved for my game - need to increase VisibilityRange parameter in file Plateau.cfg.

"= 1000" m - this is very small, set "= 50000", and all is ok.

Also I did lighter sand textures - look in spoiler

Spoiler

Before -

WULa4xp.png

After -

NePJTne.png

3 new view for compare:

Night - l3ugpIO.png

Morning - iZBir28.png

Desert's day - zqlEJQu.png

Edited by Aerospacer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Needed a Soviet-style cosmodrome for my 'Kontakt' fanfiction. Installed this, modified it according to @Aerospacer's instructions. Waiting for my KSP to load to see if it works.

Did you end up getting it to work? What version?

6 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

Did you end up getting it to work? What version?

Yes, it worked, and I now have a fully-functional Baikonur-ish space centre on the other side of Kerbin! As for the version, I just grabbed it straight off the first page.

13 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Yes, it worked, and I now have a fully-functional Baikonur-ish space centre on the other side of Kerbin! As for the version, I just grabbed it straight off the first page.

Works for me too, should be listed as 1.2.2 compatible 

• 1 month later...

Last time I tried this with 1.22 I had all kinds of problems trying to use the main runway - aircraft would spawn under/inside the runway mesh, etc etc.
Can anyone confirm if the runway is working for them?

55 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Last time I tried this with 1.22 I had all kinds of problems trying to use the main runway - aircraft would spawn under/inside the runway mesh, etc etc.
Can anyone confirm if the runway is working for them?

One of the .cfg files needs a minor change to fix this - once done, it has been working well for me. Please see this post, above.

On 12/5/2016 at 0:22 PM, Aerospacer said:

Also I did lighter sand textures - look in spoiler

Hide contents

Desert's day - zqlEJQu.png

Which texture file did you lighten?
Any chance of sharing? I haven't had luck trying to lighten it myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've moved the Kosmodrome up to the Woomerang launchsite to better represent where Baikonaur is. Haven't quite settled on the alignment yet (runway north/south or east/west?). I would very much like to also use AlphaMansae's Modular Launch Pads but the gantries in Kosmodrome are part of the KK models and get it the way. Am I going to have to learn modding to strip those out of there to have just bare platforms?

So, I have figured out a little bit of Blender and can load up the models, delete the doohickies that get in the way, and resave them. The problem is that the spawn point is in the middle of the model. When the AlphaMansae's Modular Launch Pads platforms spawn, the support legs clip through the platform causing the whole thing to disassemble violently. I can move the spawn point up but that doesn't seem to change anything. How can I get the platforms to spawn on top of the Kosmodrome platforms instead of inside them?

8 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

So, I have figured out a little bit of Blender and can load up the models, delete the doohickies that get in the way, and resave them. The problem is that the spawn point is in the middle of the model. When the AlphaMansae's Modular Launch Pads platforms spawn, the support legs clip through the platform causing the whole thing to disassemble violently. I can move the spawn point up but that doesn't seem to change anything. How can I get the platforms to spawn on top of the Kosmodrome platforms instead of inside them?

I don't know much about KSP statics ot Kerbal Konstructs, but I do know that launch clamps anchor themselves to the launch pad collider and not the surrounding terrain. That collider may have a specific name that's used by the launch clamp module, but that's a guess. The position of the collider may be important too.

And I would also say that the position of the spawn point is imporant too, it appears it's too low, but I would not know what the specific height would be needed.

The first thing I tried was moving the spawn point up but that didn't seem to work. Next, I went to the Proton launch pad and removed the concrete platform, leaving the plug and spawn point at the center. I duplicated that plug and placed it in the holes of the Soyuz and Kourou launch pads. That was apparently enough because, after that, the Launch Platforms spawned on top of the platforms. I'm guessing the plug acts as a new, higher collider and supersedes the original one. Not going to obsess over it because it works.

49997704663_a0ee4c3914_c_d.jpg

YAY!!!

The next thing is to figure out why the larger craft on the Proton launch pad wobble so much and eventual break off of the attachment node to the launch platform. I had this behavior with larger craft on the stock launch pad (KSC or Woomerang) but found that adding struts between the rocket and the launch clamps stabilized the situation. On the Kosmodrome pad, though, the wobble gets worse and worse until it disconnects.

49997704563_d1012c7020_c_d.jpg

I've added some flags and things around the Kosmodrome to make it a little more lived in. My next project (aside from trying to not have my rockets fall apart) is to change some colors a little. I'd like the platform to be green to match the surrounding terrain at Woomerang rather than the original desert location. I'd like to change the buildings to give them a little texture.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.