[1.0.5] Kosmodrome - Space Centre v1.0 Career Edition (24.02.2016)

Divico

23 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

The next thing is to figure out why the larger craft on the Proton launch pad wobble so much and eventual break off of the attachment node to the launch platform. I had this behavior with larger craft on the stock launch pad (KSC or Woomerang) but found that adding struts between the rocket and the launch clamps stabilized the situation. On the Kosmodrome pad, though, the wobble gets worse and worse until it disconnects.

Yeah... I've also recently had this issue with other mods. IIRC, I may have tried autostrutting the craft to AlphaMensae's pads/clamps, to fix it... I have CRS, so I cant remember for sure.

I would be interested to see if installing World Stabilizer would help you, if you arent already running it... vOv

On 6/13/2020 at 9:57 AM, Stone Blue said:

I would be interested to see if installing World Stabilizer would help you

Yea, I already have World Stabilizer.

The issue seems related to height. Adding struts between the gantry parts and the rocket helps for tall rockets but taller rockets need more. Adding Launch Stability Enhancers to the rocket helps. Adding the Enhancers to the gantry helps even more.

And, back to talking about Kosmodrome. . . these ar the settings to move the Kosmodrome from the Great Desert to Woomerang.
Lat: 45.4358
Lon: 136.1049
Alt: 56.02839
Rotation: 226.633

I may end up moving it a little to the southwest so that launches from the old Woomerang pad don't go over the facility.

Edited by CaptKordite

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, hendrack said:

Would you mind sharing your config?

In KerbalKonstructs I edited the Kosmodrome group to move it up to Woomerang.

Lat 45.4284
Lng 136.1036
Alt 55.03783
Rotation 225.999

In the GameData\Kosmodrome folder, I renamed beachlight.dds to beachlight.bak. Then I made a copy of the file squadgrass.dds and renamed it to beachlight.dds.

That is all.

Edited by CaptKordite

• 1 month later...

EDIT: Stupid me. It's here too right above my Post. Maybe I should do a better check before I post something the next Time. Anyway, how do I change the Coordinates of the entire Group?

I recently saw someone who had moved the whole Kosmodrome to the Location of the Woomerang Launchpad (can't blame him; that single Launchpad without any other Facilities is just sad). He told me something about changing the "Relative Position" and "Orientation" in some .cfg. Problem is that I can't find that Comment in the huge KSP Facebook Group anymore so I sort of don't know which .cfg to change, or do I have to change all the various Launchpad, Runway and Building .cfg Files? It doesn't matter I forgot the Coordinates tho, I want to relocate the Kosmodrome to the Badlands so I have to find my own Location.

Edited by derbleifuss

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 7:22 PM, CaptKordite said:

The first thing I tried was moving the spawn point up but that didn't seem to work. Next, I went to the Proton launch pad and removed the concrete platform, leaving the plug and spawn point at the center. I duplicated that plug and placed it in the holes of the Soyuz and Kourou launch pads. That was apparently enough because, after that, the Launch Platforms spawned on top of the platforms. I'm guessing the plug acts as a new, higher collider and supersedes the original one. Not going to obsess over it because it works.

I'am ready to give up after a dozen attempts to make ModularLaunchpads work with Kourou and Soyuz launchpads from Kosmodrome.

I tried moving spawn point, removing colliders, even tried to replicate your solution - copied "central circle" part of model from Proton launchpad to K- and G-launchpads - nothing works for me. Any rocket placed on top of "Soyuz Launch Base" from ModularLauchpads mod, violently disassembles itself on launch from G- or K- launchpads.

Any chance you still have updated model files for Kourou and Soyuz launchpads (KosmoKourou.mu and KosmoLaunchpad-G.mu)? I might be missing something...

11 hours ago, Judicator81 said:

Any chance you still have updated model files

Try these two files:
http://www.tasigh.org/ksp/Kosmodrome.zip

http://www.tasigh.org/ksp/Kosmodrome_0.zip

The first are the redone MU files to strip the gantries off the Gagarin and Kourou launchpads and also add the plug. The second are all the config files that will place the plugs where they need to go, move the whole thing up to Woomerang, and all sad some bits and pieces. That second was generated by KerbalKonstructs so I assume it works. I've never monkeyed with it before this.

12 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Try these two files:

The first are the redone MU files to strip the gantries off the Gagarin and Kourou launchpads and also add the plug. The second are all the config files that will place the plugs where they need to go, move the whole thing up to Woomerang, and all sad some bits and pieces. That second was generated by KerbalKonstructs so I assume it works. I've never monkeyed with it before this.

Thanks a lot! I'll try give it a try.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, AeroSky said:

Are the launchpads individual static objects that you can spawn and place down wherever you want?

Also, is this compatible with 1.10.1?

Thanks!

Should be, as long as you use the proper versions of the dependies for 1.10.1
Also mae sure to use the updated version of Kosmodrome from JadeOfMaar, which I lined to on this page, up above, on Aug 4th, and not the one lined in the OP

Edited by Stone Blue

• 6 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 11:42 AM, CaptKordite said:

Try these two files:

Not sure how to go about installing these, I've placed the files into the kosmodrome gamedata folder but not change

On 7/1/2021 at 7:14 PM, Jhorriga said:

Not sure how to go about installing these,

You have to start with installing the Kosmodrome mod from https://spacedock.info/mod/263/Kosmodrome

You then install the handful of files from my Kosmodrome.zip files into the extant folder. The files I have replace a few files from the original.

The Kosmodrome_0 folder will go in the Game Data folder. I probably should have done that differently but export the files of the zip into a folder called Kosmodrome_0 in the Game Data folder and it should work.

• 1 month later...

The launch tower is still on the Launch Pad G.

Edit 2: MM seems to hang up with your updates @CaptKordite, I believe it's because there is two references to launchplug.cfg. One in the first file you supplied that's supposed to go in the original Kosmodrome, and one in the second. Removing one of the two seems to resolve the issue.

Edited by Spike88
Edit again

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, Stone Blue said:

yeah, it should... as long as KK hasnt changed its cfg/code format

I just wish it would work with Modular Launch Pads. Every time I try to launch a spacecraft from here on one of those pads it spazzes out and my rocket shakes itself to pieces.

6 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

I just wish it would work with Modular Launch Pads. Every time I try to launch a spacecraft from here on one of those pads it spazzes out and my rocket shakes itself to pieces.

You could try asking in the MLP thread... I bet its a conflict between the two mods, and I wouldnt doubt if its something to do with the way both these mods handle launch clamps, causing a conflict

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 year later...

No idea if this is even worth asking, but has anyone gotten @CaptKordite's modifications to remove the Launchtowers on Launchpad-g working? 

I can't get it to work.

Is there any mod that adds a Baikonur-style spaceport for stock that's current?

Edited by CollectingSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.