Divico

[1.0.5] Kosmodrome - Space Centre v1.0 Career Edition (24.02.2016)

Recommended Posts

On 11/25/2016 at 4:00 PM, SRiley77 said:

Sorry for the apparent zombie thread:

in 1.2.1, I'm experiencing the same issues that a few folks above had reported.  The plateau (with nearly the entirety of the Kosmodrome) vanishes at certain angles.  What is usually only visible is the launchpads.  The spawn point for the runway is underneath, so attempting to use it may cause the plane to hit the bottom of the runway, causing explosions.

 

I hope that this mod can be updated to work in new versions.  It is a nice launch point to have as an alternate to KSC.

I think the whole launch pad needs to be moved elsewhere, but I have no idea how to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SRiley77 - Yes, I got the similar problem, but can resolved for my game - need to increase VisibilityRange parameter in file Plateau.cfg.

"= 1000" m - this is very small, set "= 50000", and all is ok.

Also I did lighter sand textures - look in spoiler

Spoiler

Before -

WULa4xp.png

After -

NePJTne.png

 

3 new view for compare:

Night - l3ugpIO.png

Morning - iZBir28.png

Desert's day - zqlEJQu.png

 

 

Edited by Aerospacer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed a Soviet-style cosmodrome for my 'Kontakt' fanfiction. Installed this, modified it according to @Aerospacer's instructions. Waiting for my KSP to load to see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Needed a Soviet-style cosmodrome for my 'Kontakt' fanfiction. Installed this, modified it according to @Aerospacer's instructions. Waiting for my KSP to load to see if it works.

Did you end up getting it to work? What version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

Did you end up getting it to work? What version?

Yes, it worked, and I now have a fully-functional Baikonur-ish space centre on the other side of Kerbin! As for the version, I just grabbed it straight off the first page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Yes, it worked, and I now have a fully-functional Baikonur-ish space centre on the other side of Kerbin! As for the version, I just grabbed it straight off the first page.

Works for me too, should be listed as 1.2.2 compatible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I tried this with 1.22 I had all kinds of problems trying to use the main runway - aircraft would spawn under/inside the runway mesh, etc etc.
Can anyone confirm if the runway is working for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Last time I tried this with 1.22 I had all kinds of problems trying to use the main runway - aircraft would spawn under/inside the runway mesh, etc etc.
Can anyone confirm if the runway is working for them?

One of the .cfg files needs a minor change to fix this - once done, it has been working well for me. Please see this post, above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozraven said:

One of the .cfg files needs a minor change to fix this - once done, it has been working well for me. Please see this post, above.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot over the weekend. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed - working in 1.3 with the visibility range tweak mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 0:22 PM, Aerospacer said:

Also I did lighter sand textures - look in spoiler

  Hide contents

 

Desert's day - zqlEJQu.png

 

 


Which texture file did you lighten?
Any chance of sharing? I haven't had luck trying to lighten it myself.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this great mod will be resurrected... with the implementation of the new launchsites in making history dlc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is for 1.0.5 but works for 1.6. Great Job! Looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.