Did anyone else notice this in the .25 video squad released?

DerpenWolf

It looks like the Mk 2 spaceplane parts have been altered so that they are now reversible, in other words the connect neatly whether they are right-side up or upside down. This is probably what squad meant when they said that they implemented a modified version of the mod.

When I saw the upside down cargo bay with the SRB I wasn't sure if they had just flipped the parts or if they had actually altered their shape. Seeing the flipped cargo bay and the cockpit together pretty much confirmed it for me.

I remember one of the devnotes mentioning that they removed the black undersides "for a cool purpose". I wanted to do aerial drops (probes or rovers or equipment, not necessarily bombs) before without looking silly so this will be nice :)

Now if we can just fix that little vessel deletion issue, or I'll have to drop from low altitude.

Cargo bays and TNT-filled buildings are great, but... the design of the admin building doesn't fit at all. And they just plopped it right in the back of the KSC!

I think its design and location make sense. It is small, across from the astronaut complex, aesthetically pleasing (for visiting dignitaries), and is out of the way of the day to day operations for R&D, VAB, and SPH. It has quick access to the astronaut complex and R&D center, and is a short walk to any of the major operational buildings.

Cargo bays and TNT-filled buildings are great, but... the design of the admin building doesn't fit at all. And they just plopped it right in the back of the KSC!
I think its design and location make sense. It is small, across from the astronaut complex, aesthetically pleasing (for visiting dignitaries), and is out of the way of the day to day operations for R&D, VAB, and SPH. It has quick access to the astronaut complex and R&D center, and is a short walk to any of the major operational buildings.
I think the design was inspired by the Kennedy Space Center's Debus Conference Facility. That's just speculation but they do look awful similar.

http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r3/canaveral/debus.jpg

Please keep the general discussion for 0.25 in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90612-0-25-Discussion-thread :)

Please keep the general discussion for 0.25 in this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90612-0-25-Discussion-thread :)

All due respect Kasper, but the thread was about the video, which featured the admin building (among other things). Define "general discussion" because it seems on topic to me. Perhaps the thread should just be merged?

Edited by Alshain

Add due respect Kasper, but the thread was about the video, which featured the admin building (among other things). Define "general discussion" because it seems on topic to me. Perhaps the thread should just be merged?

The general flow of conversation in a KSP Forums thread should not follow whatever natural course it takes but instead must adhere, artificially if need be, to the topic in the OP, in this case the coloring of the new parts as seen in the video.

At least, that's the only way I can personally interpret the rules around here...

The general flow of conversation in a KSP Forums thread should not follow whatever natural course it takes but instead must adhere, artificially if need be, to the topic in the OP, in this case the coloring of the new parts as seen in the video.

At least, that's the only way I can personally interpret the rules around here...

See, I didn't even interpret the original topic that way. I interpreted it as a discussion of the video. In any case I don't want to carry on about it, so suffice to say, it's not that clear.

As for the OP, Have they removed the heat tiles from all parts? even the old ones?

Only the SP+ parts AFAIK. But everything seems to be getting an art pass so it'll probably happen on the new-old parts as well.

I have noticed that as a kinda-outsider to the game, as in I don't play much any more, I think the whole hype thing is rubbish, after seeing the video I wanted to play it, Prison Architect style. I'm going to have to wait some more. Just as my interest level is peaked.

It looks like the Mk 2 spaceplane parts have been altered so that they are now reversible, in other words the connect neatly whether they are right-side up or upside down. This is probably what squad meant when they said that they implemented a modified version of the mod.

We've known about this for some time, since they first showed the cockpit.

How will this work with deadly reentry?

The author of DRE may have to build "shaped" attachable heat shields for the various parts. Or maybe the heat shield is still there, just white instead of black so that it doesn't look so crap when it is placed upside down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.