[WIP] Kerbojet Systems - A B9 Expansion - USABLE PRERELEASE 0.1

blowfish

Can you add a better fuelsage system- wider, to transport APC or other armored things ? Pls reply me Blowfish !!! :)

Sorry, but don't really have the time to take requests at this point. Every model, and especially texture takes a fair bit of work, and I'm definitely not as efficient at making them as many of the people here, so between all the models I already have in the pipeline and things like real life there's just not much I can do. If you're looking for wider cargo bays you might want to check out Nert's Mk4 system. B9's S2W provides more horizontal space too but I'm guessing you're looking for something with a tail-loading ramp.

Holy Flight Time Batman! Do you mind listed the required add-ons and sharing the craft file?

Gladly!

Mods:

Adjustable Landing Gear

B9 Aerospace

This one

FAR

MechJeb

FAR Mechjeb addition

SXT (From Lack)

FireSpitter

and the support mods that those mods require.

Link to the craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46v2j996nuh49nq/The%2012%20Days%20of%20Christmass.craft?dl=0

It doesn't have that many parts for such a large aircraft, but it flies well. Make sure you turn on indestructible joints, otherwise the wings will snap off when you use RCS to make tighter turns.

(B) activates breaks.

Cruises nicely at 10 KM atlt, at around mach 1.07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This... I need to check out tonight.

Question; do the lights on your front page screenshot not add drag? I thought they generated the orange-flames-o-lag... but I might be wrong :)

Those are from the Surface Lights mod. They do add a bit of drag but it's very minimal - comparable to what you might get from solar panels or RCS blocks.

And I do have a bit of progress to show. I decided since B9 still hasn't updated to the new Mk2 shape that I would do stockalike textures first, though ultimately both styles are planned.

Mk2 Intake (View in 3D)

HkocE

Those are from the Surface Lights mod. They do add a bit of drag but it's very minimal - comparable to what you might get from solar panels or RCS blocks.

And I do have a bit of progress to show. I decided since B9 still hasn't updated to the new Mk2 shape that I would do stockalike textures first, though ultimately both styles are planned.

Mk2 Intake (View in 3D)

https://p3d.in/model_data/snapshot/HkocE

The question is... Will FAR like it?

Always a valid question with inlets, but if it ends up producing too much drag a custom drag model can be implemented.

Another question- how fast do you expect this intake to work to? Because many intakes stop working well enough at Mach3+ and 30 km alt. It would be nice if this one didn't- we could make skip-planes! Like the HyperSoar project!

Another question- how fast do you expect this intake to work to? Because many intakes stop working well enough at Mach3+ and 30 km alt. It would be nice if this one didn't- we could make skip-planes! Like the HyperSoar project!

For the most part I have no control over how intakes function - the only parameter I can change is the area (and TPR curve if AJE is present).

Ola blowfish,

Wants that cockpit but I'm done wading through B9's assets and cutting out the 90% I don't want. So coupla questions. 1 - Do I absolutely positively have to have some part of B9 in order to use that awesome cockpit you have in the works and 2 - With B9's hull standards tending not to convert well to the stock standards, is there any possibility of you chucking in a converter to stock 2.5 or 3(5? I never use above 2.5) (or even the new Mk2 or Mk3) with a release? CheersIA chap.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Ola blowfish,

Wants that cockpit but I'm done wading through B9's assets and cutting out the 90% I don't want. So coupla questions. 1 - Do I absolutely positively have to have some part of B9 in order to use that awesome cockpit you have in the works and 2 - With B9's hull standards tending not to convert well to the stock standards, is there any possibility of you chucking in a converter to stock 2.5 or 3(5? I never use above 2.5) (or even the new Mk2 or Mk3) with a release? CheersIA chap.

1) Right now the only dependencies are plugin-related, but eventually that will expand to various engine effects. But there aren't any model or texture dependencies, so pruning your part list should be fine.

2) B9 HL is the same exact shape as stock Mk3.

1) Right now the only dependencies are plugin-related, but eventually that will expand to various engine effects. But there aren't any model or texture dependencies, so pruning your part list should be fine.

2) B9 HL is the same exact shape as stock Mk3.

Excellent. Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.