Obsession with .25, .26, updates.... Stop the madness!

xtoro

This is offensive, insane and fallacious. People who line up for days to buy a thing are not sane people, sorry. Being socially fanatical is not an argument. What you described there is no different than aching for your next hit. Snap out of it.

Lol yeah, I waited a few hours to see the new Batman movie, i'm basically a junkie. Omg someone posted about the hypetrain, someone schedule an intervention! Talk about offensive and fallacious.

We're not talking about waiting for days here (unless the OP really is comparing making an internet post to skipping work for a whole week to wait in line). To say that everyone who goes to a movie the day it comes out, goes to a crowded convention or concert, or waits in line for the midnight release for a phone or a video game, is "socially fanatical" is a huge exaggeration.

I had to google that. I haven't seen that movie so I don't know what you're talking about, if it's even relevant.

It's a

If people want to get hyped about something then let them. It doesn't affect you. Why should it affect you?. I don't line up to buy concert tickets or the latest technology, but some people do. That's cool. I'll say this much, I generally wait a couple of days to download the latest patch. I like to do it once and have it work the first time.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed!

Honestly this train thing makes me lose faith in the intelligence of all involved. The thing has achieved a meta-level now where people are just making images and hype-vehicles. It's absurd! That's how cults get created!

I agree on the absurdness. At many points it just becomes hype for the sake of hype....

This is offensive, insane and fallacious. People who line up for days to buy a thing are not sane people, sorry. Being socially fanatical is not an argument. What you described there is no different than aching for your next hit. Snap out of it.

THANK YOU....

It's a

If people want to get hyped about something then let them. It doesn't affect you. Why should it affect you?.

It does when every time I come here to see what's going on, I see these damn posts. This is why I said I wished there was an option to ignore or hide threads...

Well congratulations. You are immune to such silly things as "excitement" and "anticipation"! The rest of us are not. We are regular people, and when there are things coming out we feel we will enjoy, we get excited and want them to happen quickly. Honestly, I feel sorry for you that you've never been so excited about something that you'd had to have it the first day. The time spent in line or a bit of extra money is usually worth it, and crowds are all part of the fun.

No, I get excited about many things, and anticipate them too, but not a minor release of a video game... I'm afraid there are far better things in life to be excited about and anticipate to a point of insanity and endless repetition... I enjoy many real things, but I have also lived in several countries, traveled the world to 18 countries, been to a war zone and in combat, I've ran marathons, been skydiving, scuba diving, swam with dolphins and sharks, rode a camel in the deserts around Dubai, road trips around Africa and many many more things. I've seen some amazing things and met some amazing people...

This year I just moved back home from living in Germany for the last 4 years, and I had major surgery to remove my enlarged spleen by being cut open from waist-line to sternum thanks to Lymphoma and I'm still recovering from both. What am I anticipating and excited about? My recovery from my surgery so that I can start chemotherapy and then hopefully have a normal life, that's what.

So, please forgive me, friend, if I don't find this minor release something that I should be completely obsessed about, and that I find it a little annoying to see it over and over again throughout the day every day....

Edited by xtoro

I think the hypetrain threads should calm down really, like yes I get hyped but the constant argument and repetitiveness gets a bit off-putting. Other than that, I like reading speculation on updates and joining in, because the devs read those threads to see what the users want, and perhaps a feature I suggest will get added. I dunno, it feels like you're part of the development process when you join in on them. :D

Ever been to a football game? I don't care for the sport, personally, but you don't see me complaining about football fans painting their faces, spending hundreds of dollars on their favorite team paraphernalia, and screaming at the top of their lungs. Let people have their fun. You've got better things to do than come here and post about how excitement makes you grumpy.

Thats the the way we roll

I really cannot wait until 0.27 comes out...

Serious mode: Unfortunately, this is the KSP community's style of reaction, and I'm afraid you have no option but to deal with it. But yeah, I can understand why you'd act like that. Heck, we even got a .26 Hypetrain thread once!

ALSO, I made it to advertise the HypeMothership excuse me...

TBH the only thing I am waiting for is 1.00

Between now and then we are just all lab rats in a big gaming experiment.

Well, even if KSP 1.00 is out, the fact remains that we are still lab rats .... ask the mice which built earth :D

*snip.... ask the mice which built earth :D

Yes, but every time they give me an order I just want to jump on a table and scream!!

With regard to the Hype Train;

The only thing that vexes me is what happens when the release comes out. There's all this activity in anticipation, then the release drops..... and people start complaining. I just think that's rather poor show, what.

I could make some Freudian parallels to what happens, but that might get a bit inappropriate!

The only thing that vexes me is what happens when the release comes out. There's all this activity in anticipation, then the release drops..... and people start complaining. I just think that's rather poor show, what.

This time it was because the "secret feature" was very much overhyped. Like the buildings are cool but I would've made the secret feature something way cooler, like the integration of SP+

When I see a thread which sounds like it's about something in which I have no interest, I sing "tra-la-la" and skip merrily past it. This response is highly efficacious. I recommend it.

More people should adopt this policy in the wider sphere of life.

"Oh, there is something I have distaste for so I will not experience it for longer than I need to. Tra-la-la-la-la..."

There is a reason the hypetrain is a sticky, It`s so that when it`s the most active thread from all the hype oozing from it, it does not impinge on the forum main page by being the only thread seen there from the discussion page. The only way you see any change in the hypetrain thread is by clicking on it and reading it, I advise not doing either of those. It seems you do not enjoy doing that.

I`m reminded of these pictures

stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg

1395000900490.jpg

It does when every time I come here to see what's going on, I see these damn posts. This is why I said I wished there was an option to ignore or hide threads...

So you made a release thread about there being too many release threads. I see what you did there. :)

What really baffles me is the level of hype over...

drumroll please...

wait for it...

:the ability to get slightly more arbitrary points in one are and slightly less arbitrary points in another. Oh, and some 'new' parts that have already been out as a mod for a while. I get it, it's been a while since we got anything (of substance at any rate), but big frakking whoop.

I think people are missing the point that most of us aren't really hyped for the update. The update to mee seems lackluster (apart from having new SP+ parts) but the destructible buildings, new mission planner and navball aren't something I'm going to jump up and down about.

The hype train is basically an inside joke that we play with to pass the time until the new version gets released. It's on the same level of making fun of Jeb and his complete disregard for personal safety. I can't understand why obvious joke pictures of the hype train and other comments in jest of it are taken seriously for actual hype.

edit: Obligatory hype train plane

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=kOAIPfLyU6A4jM&tbnid=uQIosgJj4Qpz2M:&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F5PDLkV4.jpg&ei=RpMyVNznNdGQuASJ5oGoDw&psig=AFQjCNGR5dufQZBrCCPvYVqnCk_FQgUOzg&ust=1412687047007689

Edited by Levelord

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.