[0.90] Legacy Parts Pack (v2.0)

StarVision

Only thing that keeps me from downloading are the windows. They could be a little more spread out and a bit smaller.

Yeah, it needs more of the old pod look. And they need to all be with each other. Not like the Mk1-2 pod. And it needs lights. The lighting sucks.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try and illuminate the pod a bit more, but I'm not sure about the windows. Reducing the size and spreading them apart would reduce what little visibility the pod has, but it would also bring it a lot closer to the original. Would something like this be any better?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also I've almost finished one of the old fuel tanks. I'll post a picture when it's complete, but right now I have studying to do...

Oh, and about that navball bug, I've never seen that before. I'll see if I can replicate it when I get a chance.

... but I'm not sure about the windows. Reducing the size and spreading them apart would reduce what little visibility the pod has, but it would also bring it a lot closer to the original. Would something like this be any better?

Oh, and about that navball bug, I've never seen that before. I'll see if I can replicate it when I get a chance.

Please don't muss with the windows! They're great just as they are. I really enjoy the aesthetic you've hit upon with the current version. A switched internal light might be nice, but no hurry. As for the navball glitch, it's proven to be terribly inconsistent. I'll keep an eye out for it with my 0.25 build and see if I can find a pattern.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try and illuminate the pod a bit more, but I'm not sure about the windows. Reducing the size and spreading them apart would reduce what little visibility the pod has, but it would also bring it a lot closer to the original. Would something like this be any better?

http://imgur.com/a/B44nA

Also I've almost finished one of the old fuel tanks. I'll post a picture when it's complete, but right now I have studying to do...

I like those windows. But can we see all the kerbals smushed together abreast?

I like those windows. But can we see all the kerbals smushed together abreast?

I'll wait a bit to see what the general consensus is on the windows. Also the pod isn't big enough to have them all side by side. Either their helmets clip together, or they clip into the sides of the pod.

Great to see it back but at the size of the Mk1-2 and with 3 Kerbal layout it is only a different flavor of capsule. Size it to between the Mk1 and M1-2 and give it a two Kerbal layout and you have provided the 'missing link' that Squad has no provided to date.

Great to see it back but at the size of the Mk1-2 and with 3 Kerbal layout it is only a different flavor of capsule. Size it to between the Mk1 and M1-2 and give it a two Kerbal layout and you have provided the 'missing link' that Squad has no provided to date.

I can't really do that. First of all, how would I size it between 1.25 and 2.5m? Secondly, that's not really the scope of the mod. If you really want to, you can change the crew capacity to 2.

I'll wait a bit to see what the general consensus is on the windows. Also the pod isn't big enough to have them all side by side. Either their helmets clip together, or they clip into the sides of the pod.

I honestly like the windows and the pod. I like this remake of the legacy, I personally don't want to old one back. This one is a great replacement.

Hgr made a 2 kerrbal pod that's 1.875m in diameter, but he also had to created adapters to mate it to standard size parts.

That aside, would you be willing to guide us on altering the configs to make it behave as a 2 Kerbal pod? If it was would they go into the 2 side by side seats?

I'd love to see this as as 2 Kerbal pod too!

Hgr made a 2 kerrbal pod that's 1.875m in diameter, but he also had to created adapters to mate it to standard size parts.

That aside, would you be willing to guide us on altering the configs to make it behave as a 2 Kerbal pod? If it was would they go into the 2 side by side seats?

I'd love to see this as as 2 Kerbal pod too!

Well actually, one of his earlier versions of his radish had flat windows in line with the command pod, and it went perfectly with the old pod. I might just still have it.

I think I'm going to end up keeping them the way they are. Mostly because that's what the majority says, and partly because I hate editing already-finished models.

Also if you want it to be a 2-man pod, just go to SciFi/_Legacy/Parts/Pod and open part.cfg. Inside that look for a line that says "CrewCapacity = 3", then change it to 2.

Here's the old fuel tank. I'm also going to make the half size one, and then an engine.

AGhxgwu.png

Nice lookin. Sorry to bother you but I got a problem the enterprises hull is white in .25

I am aware of that. I believe it's some sort of ATM thing. I created a SciFi cfg and marked it as a normal map, which seemed to solve it. I'll release an update today, but first I have to see if I can just not include that texture, instead of making it a normal map, which seems kind of cheaty.

Edit: I forgot it was thanksgiving, so I didn't really get the update out. I did however figure out how to fix it properly, I just need to find the time to upload it.

Edit2: It's all fixed now

Edited by StarVision

• 2 weeks later...