Fun Facts

Skyler4856

Fun fact: 2 is the only number where n + n, n x n and n^n all have the same answer.

n - n: 0

n / n: 1 (or undefined)

+, *, ^: 2

can anyone come up with something for 3 or does it end here?

Fun Fact: Yuri Gagarin ejected from his capsule 7km above the ground (as planned). The Soviet Union kept this little fact for themselves. The reason behind this planned deception was to get around a slight technicality. According to the International Aeronautical Federation (FAI), unless the spacecraft landed with person still inside it would not count as a space flight.

Fun Fact: Yuri Gagarin ejected from his capsule 7km above the ground (as planned). The Soviet Union kept this little fact for themselves. The reason behind this planned deception was to get around a slight technicality. According to the International Aeronautical Federation (FAI), unless the spacecraft landed with person still inside it would not count as a space flight.

Didn't know that, interesting.

I read this once in an astronomy book but obviously have no way of checking it.

To draw a scale map of the solar system with the Earth at 1mm diameter would require a piece of paper 12km square.

I read this once in an astronomy book but obviously have no way of checking it.

To draw a scale map of the solar system with the Earth at 1mm diameter would require a piece of paper 12km square.

It can actually be checked quite easily using math. Earth has a diameter of ~12750 km, so this 'drawing' would have a scale of 1: 12 750 000 000. For simplicity let's round this up to 1: 13 billion. That means a 12km x 12km square would have a corresponding size of 156 x 156 billion kilometers. A bit big, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun fact: You will not be able to fold that map 12(*) times in the middle to fit it into your pocket.

(*)number varies with pocket-size

-- update

Fun Fact: That annoying clicking sound in the kitchen in the middle of the night, that is so hard to track down? Check your water heater (standalone appliance)... It may have been running dry for at least a week, constantly turning on and off... Kudos to whoever designed the automatic shutdown on that thing. Saved my life!

Edited by heng

Fun Fact: To make sure that Stafford and Cernan don't try to land on the Moon during Apollo 10 Nasa deliberately short fueled the LM ascend stage. If they had tried to land on the Moon they couldn't have gotten off.

Fun fact: You will not be able to fold that map 12(*) times in the middle to fit it into your pocket.

(*)number varies with pocket-size

Huh, I've always folded maps back to their original form factor (Pay attention to how the creases go, it's possible and very easy) and stuck them in my back pocket. Sticks out, but that makes it easier to grab, and it isn't like sitting on it will hurt it. And I think everyone knows that, except in extreme cases, you can only fold a piece of paper in half 7 times before it becomes more like rolling than folding.

• 1 month later...

Fun fact:

Learned is the more common past tense and past participle of the verb learn. Learnt is a variant especially common outside North America. In British writing, for instance, it appears about once for every three instances of learned. In the U.S. and Canada, meanwhile, learnt appears only once for approximately every 500 instances of learned, and it’s generally considered colloquial.

Fun fact: most people like jesus, but most people dislike roschach caracter in the watchmen movies fun thing about that is both sacrified themselves for earth sake so people that love/dislike only one of thoose two might had miss something in the stories headlines ... oh yup it's all about model sheet food coating somehow.

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
some related survey are available somewhere i heard ; )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.