Clicking problems

Hello, Im using KSP 0.24.2 64x, and have quite a few problems with my mouse (when the game is open), Im not sure why...

problems : (* means that happend before, without means that happend in the last few days)

1. when loading KSP, I make the game in a window mode, then I can browse while its loading, I cant click on chrome tabs (left click to open them) but I can close them, click on favorite, settings, and website stuff, etc, *

2. Cant click on parts (right click to see properties/transmit science/do science) and have to spam click a lot untill its finally open that part tab* (note that this does not happend in the VAB)

3. I cant do science ! (happend in the last few days) I landed mars probe thinking it was just a bug and that reopening the game will help, it didnt, so I have landed a lander on mars, but cant do any science, but in this case, the parts tab open and I see the buttons, but when i click on them nothing happends, (animation do work, antenna opening, panels opening, etc) and I dont get science window.

^All these above happend in both career, sandbox, and science, in all saves.

mods im using:

000 Toolbar

cacteye

bolderco

eve

better atmosphere

texture compressor

distance object

deadly reentry

kw rocketry

custom asteroids

kittopia space

crossfeed enabler

mechjeb

interstellar

dmagic orbital science

fasa launch thingies

shuttle wings

FAR

KAS

RPM

firespitter

shuttle engines

procedural fairings

laztek

magic smoke industries

kerbal engineer

realchute

mapsat

B9

Lotz o' mods! but it didnt happend before with the science sending... I tried look in the forums if its happend to anyone else, founded few threads in 0.23.5 version, they didnt help,

thanks!

KSP x64 on windows keep the right mouse button pushed DOWN when it's running. When you alt tab you need to click your right mouse once before using the left one. It's not new and had been here since the official (and non official ?) x64 build.

And it crash. It waits until you think it is stable, make you comfortable and crash at the worst time to crush your hope and save. And then it seduce you into thinking it was not its fault, and that all those mods are why things went bad and that you should post on the modded support forum.

Your question was already explicitly answered. There does not exist any known solution to this. This has nothing to do with your mods or your computer. This is a bug that has been known in x64 for a long time, and it is hard-coded if not into KSP itself then in Unity-64 (the environment in which KSP-64 is programmed.) It's not sudden, it's not something you did, and for the moment, there's nothing that you as the end-user can do about it.

Other than quicksaving your game and be willing to periodically exit to the Space Center screen (which is how the game "slowsaves" to the persistence file, as distinguished from quicksaving) and perhaps even exiting and restarting KSP itself...

Please read the How to Get Support (READ FIRST) sticky at the top of this forum. There's not enough information in your post to identify the source of the hang.

As for the clicking problem only beginning to happen recently... *shrug* I suggest that you were merely lucky to have avoided game-breaking symptoms.

The info you link to above speaks of an out-of-memory crash. First of all, I'm no expert (and the experts here will be exceedingly frustrated by support requests that post partial info, see quoted link above) but I gather that your system is running low on memory. Whatever your total system memory is, know that a large chunk of it is used by the operating system itself, plus any antimalware you run and other background processes. Add to THAT the fact that KSP is a very memory-hungry application on its own merits, let alone adding to that footprint with mods.

Mods, bear in mind, weigh very heavily on KSP's memory footprint. Generally, know that part-heavy mods (specifically, the texture files within them) are peculiarly consumptive of memory, though plugins (non-part, "behavior"-heavy mods, such as Blizzy's Toolbar, or MechJeb) are not memory-free. Worse, plugins can be very bursty in their memory consumption, and how much they use (or need, or forcefully take) can vary dramatically, particularly at gamescene transitions, I find. You list not only B9, arguably one of the part-heaviest (and by extension, memory-heaviest) mod on the forums, let alone EVE and Better Atmospheres (which, while part-empty mods, are literally NOTHING but textures -- large, high resolution textures, at that -- which is the problem-causing component of part-mods anyway). From the B9 host thread:

• 0.24.2 (x86 recommended)

• Active Texture Management mod is practically mandatory (
)

Know also that x86 applications (32-bit) are, as a class of applications, universally limited to 4GB of memory at any given time. I don't care if you have a thousand gigs of memory, a 32-bit application is physically incapable of using any more than 4 gigs at a time, period. 64-bit programs are capable of using more than that (they have their own limit, but it's hundreds of times higher than just 4gb), but of course, the 64-bit program has to be well-designed to use that extra memory (and Unity-64, the programming environment that KSP is designed in, is very poorly designed to do this right now) hence your x64 issues.

Note, running ATM and EVE/BA is possible, but takes some tweaking. Be sure to delete your cached texture files between test-runs after changing the settings to make sure that your testing yields reliable results. Once you get it working, DON'T delete your cached textures, however, because that's how it runs.

Also, be advised that this may or may not help you. It's helped me with respect to some stability and OOM-crash issues, but my x64 clicking issues persist.

Edited by MisterFister
punctuation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.