[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

Wanted to take the occasion of my fourth bar (whoo!) to say something. I've seen a few posts recently very critical of this thread, and Upsilon specifically, for celebrating people with high rep. Yes, it's fake Internet points. Yes, you can get them by doing silly things like post in certain rep-generating threads. But to get a LOT of rep, like the top names on this list, you have to consistently provide the members something of rep-worthy value.

And that's what the LGG is all about. Upsilon doesn't just list the people with the most fake Internet points, he takes the time to note what each person did to get those points. Some write mods, some ARE Mods, some help with physics, and some just entertain.

I think LGG motivates people to be better Forum citizens, and in my case it was part of the push to make my comics. I didn't start getting bars until I provided a service that forum-goers value. Getting more bars tells me I'm doing something right, and for this I am very grateful.

And today, four! :D

Wanted to take the occasion of my fourth bar (whoo!) to say something. I've seen a few posts recently very critical of this thread, and Upsilon specifically, for celebrating people with high rep. Yes, it's fake Internet points. Yes, you can get them by doing silly things like post in certain rep-generating threads. But to get a LOT of rep, like the top names on this list, you have to consistently provide the members something of rep-worthy value.

And that's what the LGG is all about. Upsilon doesn't just list the people with the most fake Internet points, he takes the time to note what each person did to get those points. Some write mods, some ARE Mods, some help with physics, and some just entertain.

I think LGG motivates people to be better Forum citizens, and in my case it was part of the push to make my comics. I didn't start getting bars until I provided a service that forum-goers value. Getting more bars tells me I'm doing something right, and for this I am very grateful.

And today, four! :D

*Applauding..

Wow..

Yep! I will try to update this list as much as possible. It will take me a bit to update from the last two months, but once it's up to date, it shouldn't take that long to update every week or so.

More frequent updates means less to update, which means less time spent fiddling. :)

Gimme a week or two to get it all up to date, and we'll see where it goes from there. :D

Why the OP change? And is it updating soon?

I reckon Upsilon got too tired updating it. This thread was made back then when there were much fewer Light-Greeners, and not to mention many of the Light-Greeners went to the White Bar group.

I reckon Upsilon got too tired updating it. This thread was made back then when there were much fewer Light-Greeners, and not to mention many of the Light-Greeners went to the White Bar group.

Yep! It was becoming a big hassle for upsilon to update it, plus everyone was always asking when it would be updated next.

And on the white bar issue, I think I have a solution. They will not be on the list, however, anyone who was already on the list but now has a white bar will be included at the bottom in a "we know you're here" group. That way they still are on the light green group page, even if they won't show their true colors. :D

... anyone who was already on the list but now has a white bar will be included at the bottom in a "we know you're here" group. That way they still are on the light green group page, even if they won't show their true colors. :D

List them under 'exiles' :wink::D

And on the white bar issue, I think I have a solution. They will not be on the list, however, anyone who was already on the list but now has a white bar will be included at the bottom in a "we know you're here" group. That way they still are on the light green group page, even if they won't show their true colors. :D

Fair and equitable, I thinks. It honors those well-respected members, while also honoring their wish for rep count modesty.

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to acknowledge that I have, indeed, relinquished control of the Group. Or as Starwhip said:

Oooh, the conspiracy plot to give you power gracious offer to get a weight off of Upsilon's chest worked! :)

That being said, I'll still certainly be around the thread, suggesting changes and the like. I'm like that one curmudgeonly house-guest that just won't leave :)

~~~

Wait, so threads can change OP now?
Not easily, and not always.

As far as I can tell, Duodex copied and pasted the entire thread into a previously nonexistent post by Endersmens that was "made" six or seven months ago. It's cheating the system a bit, but hey, it works!

Why the OP change? And is it updating soon?

When I started this group back in the Dark Ages, there were thirty-two light-greeners and the only ones to make it to six bars were SQUAD and Cap'n Skunky (both with their Reputation counts artificially inflated). There's now four times that many people, with more being added all the time. To make matters worse, my schedule has become more and more constricting lately, which has resulted in no time to update the Group. (I used to be able to update it once a month or so, but alas, it's no longer possible.)

Endersmens has a lot more time to update the Group than I do, and after he asked to take control, I eventually agreed. Now I can use that time for actual work, or even better, actual bona-fide hardcore procrastination! :P

Yep! It was becoming a big hassle for upsilon to update it, plus everyone was always asking when it would be updated next.

I think that would work quite nicely, Endersmens.

Hang on a minute... let me give you some +Rep for your troubles :)

List them under 'exiles' :wink::D
Fair and equitable, I thinks. It honors those well-respected members, while also honoring their wish for rep count modesty.

I'd have to agree with Kuzzter here: these people deserve a nod, even if they're not technically light-greeners anymore :)

-Upsilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.