[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

While that is true, problems have arisen. The amount of new people joining the group is growing exponentially. There are currently 51 names without descriptions, and every time I work on them I barely get that number down before more join the list. The list started with 27 users. we're now at 185. A different type of list may be in order.

As for the "getting kicked off" thing, they will never be "kicked off" the light green group, as the final update has been posted. It will be kept in a spoiler on the new list, as the final "light green group" before the forum update. The new group will not be the light green group, so if someone is on the LGG and not on the new list they haven't been "kicked off" at all, they just haven't made it to the new list yet.

Decisions have to be made. I don't feel good about any of the current options. Still need time to think and more suggestions to be...suggested.

Endersmens, I was referring to the proposed "Top 100" idea. If you limit the number of people on the list, one must be bumped off when another joins.

If you wish to shorten the list, just set the bar higher than 500 points. Maybe pick a round number that gives about 20 members and let it grow again?

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']Endersmens, I was referring to the proposed "Top 100" idea. If you limit the number of people on the list, one must be bumped off when another joins.

If you wish to shorten the list, just set the bar higher than 500 points. Maybe pick a round number that gives about 20 members and let it grow again?[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that, put it at 1000 until the list gets too large again. How do you guys feel about that? The OVER 1000!! list? The 1k Club? The Rep Grand Group?

With the bottom being 1000, there would be almost 60 users in the group, but all of them already have descriptions, and for a long time the people who join will already have descriptions too, so it could make it further than 200 users before I have to make the list smaller again.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I take it back. That was not the final update. I didn't know the exact time the forums would go down, but I do now. If anyone passes 500 rep before 9 AM UTC tomorrow, I will update the list once more right before the forums go offline. That way it will really include everyone who joined the list before its demise.

[quote name='Endersmens']I was thinking that, put it at 1000 until the list gets too large again. How do you guys feel about that? The OVER 1000!! list? The 1k Club? The Rep Grand Group?

With the bottom being 1000, there would be almost 60 users in the group, but all of them already have descriptions, and for a long time the people who join will already have descriptions too, so it could make it further than 200 users before I have to make the list smaller again.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I take it back. That was not the final update. I didn't know the exact time the forums would go down, but I do now. If anyone passes 500 rep before 9 AM UTC tomorrow, I will update the list once more right before the forums go offline. That way it will really include everyone who joined the list before its demise.[/QUOTE]

As long as I'm in it I'm good with it. :sticktongue: The 1k list sounds nice.

Oh, I see you've added my description! Very nice, although I would recommend adding a link to my Fokker triplane ([url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135799-Fokker-Dr-I-Triplane-The-Red-Baron-s-Ride%21[/url]), it's a much better craft, probably more famous too. I learned many things from building the Pup, but to be honest I'm more proud of the Fokker.

Of course, it's up to you, if you like the Pup better, so be it.

12 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Well, looks like this thread made it through mostly unscathed.

Have you seen the OP? Tables got screwed, and the entire lower half is one big link to FlowerChild's profile!

This is going to cause a lot of frustration on my end. Not to mention the program magico13 provided. I don't think there's a way to output a list format without BBcode.

6 hours ago, Endersmens said:

Have you seen the OP? Tables got screwed, and the entire lower half is one big link to FlowerChild's profile!

This is going to cause a lot of frustration on my end. Not to mention the program magico13 provided. I don't think there's a way to output a list format without BBcode.

Oh, I only saw the tables that got messed up.

6 hours ago, Endersmens said:

This, and the fact that you cannot give more than 1 rep at a time through "likes". And I have yet to find another way to give rep on the new forums.

Plus side is: 5 times less rep means 5 times less users to add to the LGG group. :P

14 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

This, and the fact that you cannot give more than 1 rep at a time through "likes". And I have yet to find another way to give rep on the new forums.

Plus side is: 5 times less rep means 5 times less users to add to the LGG group. :P

Plus, users from before the migration will look like they've been liked ~5 times more than they actually have!

2 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Plus, users from before the migration will look like they've been liked ~5 times more than they actually have!

Maybe we're just five times better? ;)- :P Benefits of seniority and what not or somesuch. 

Really should've reset the rep with this migration, methinks. 

On 11/26/2015, 6:27:28, Endersmens said:

I was thinking that, put it at 1000 until the list gets too large again. How do you guys feel about that? The OVER 1000!! list? The 1k Club? The Rep Grand Group?

I don't like it. I just got here, and I don't want to get pushed out of the capsule that quickly.

On the flip side, I made it! Thanks, Endersmens.

@Dman979, you aren't getting kicked out. You're still on the final update of the LGG, which will be available in the OP. You just don't qualify for the newer group, yet. :)

And no, I didn't say 1000 because I would barely make it in the group. It would still be 1000 if I had 900 rep. It's jut the next logical step to reduce group size.

Edited by Endersmens

I support the idea of a 1000+ group: after all the first goal of the LGG was to reward the "best" users of the forums, 200 users started to be a bit much.

Also, @Endersmens, will you update the OP once more, only for IPS formatting, links, etc, or let it this way and carry on with the new one ?

It is only one point per replike. However, now there seems to be no limit on giving rep other than that you can only rep each post one time. No more "You must spread some reputation around..." messages. Why, if I had 5 points for every time someone told me that... well, then I'd have 5xn more points I guess :)

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of members sorted by reputation score--which may actually be a good thing. I think people should want to have a high reputation, it encourages good behavior (and in my case, was part of the reason I started doing comics) Trying to get more rep in order to have more that someone else, though (and here yes I suppose I'm walking back on my 'top 100' idea) ... that may tend to encourage other sorts of behavior :)

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of members sorted by reputation score--which may actually be a good thing.

Noticed this as well. It would make updating the group a pain, if not impossible, regardless of being a good or bad thing. :P

There is a way to update the group, magico13 has assured me of that. 

@Red Iron Crown, I thought rep power was going on the to-do list? Is it not possible? And your argument is made invalid by the fact that our x5 rep count was carried over. If our total rep count was divided by 5 to make it as if we had received all the rep on this forum, then it would be fair to leave it. But we were left with our x5 rep from the old forums, meaning there's lots of users on the list who didn't receive 500 replikes. 

Either increase rep power, or figure out a way to divide rep to where it would be like all rep had been given on this forum. Right now the hybrid doesn't work well at all. I'm putting the group on hold until the migration chaos subsides anyways, so we have some time to discuss all of this. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.