[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

14 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I don't like it. I just got here, and I don't want to get pushed out of the capsule that quickly.

I just got here too and am writing the program that will "kick me out" (the auto-updater), so just imagine how I feel! :P 

10 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of members sorted by reputation score

There actually is one. You can do a member search and then sort by reputation. For whatever reason, if you go to the next page it reverts back to sorting by name, but if you manually type page 2 or page N or whatever it will stay sorted correctly.

I've got the auto-updater program working with the new system to the point that it is functional again. No idea if I'll be able to put links to profiles or do colors, I imagine not since we can't use HTML or BBCode or anything like that, so say goodbye to those features (and any formatting in the descriptions: italics, size, color, etc). If we set the bar at 1000 rep then there are 71 members currently in the group.

(Edit: Holy crap! BBCode size and italics actually still work. This version doesn't test colors, but that might be possible too [hopefully])

Spoiler

1. Red Iron Crown. Red Iron Crown is very knowledgeable and likable. Always enlivening conversations, he is fair and well-deserving of the #1 spot. He recently also became a "Common Demoderator," congrats!
2. 5thHorseman. 5th Horseman has a good YouTube series going, and is very insightful with with his posts. One time, he made an asteroid into a plane!
3. Majorjim. This "Waterman" builds really great craft, and lots of them. He also puts out many high-quality, insightful posts. He's a great person to have around the Spacecraft Exchange.
4. regex. This honest and refreshing personality is never afraid to speak his mind, especially about Squad. He's a "Realistic Spacehippie."
5. Rune. Another builder of a variety of lovely craft, another excellent poster, and a great help to the new builders of the Spacecraft Exchange.
6. sal_vager. Fair and exalted moderator. Sal_vager recently passed the 10,000-post mark, the highest post count of any member of the KSP forums by far!
7. UpsilonAerospace. Mastermind behind this thread, and keeper of this thread until recently! Give this man some rep!
8. Kuzzter. A "Powerpointillist" with a pretty wonderful graphic novel series called "Duna, Ore Bust!" that showcases his ongoing mission to the Red Planet!
9. RoverDude. He's a "Cat Herder" and a notable and widely respected modder. Creator of the "Umbra Space Industries" series. His mods are widely believed to be among the coolest additions to the game.
10. NathanKell. Creator of a variety of wonderful mods, including Deadly Reentry and Real Solar System, as well as a distinguished "Modder-ator."
11. zekes. "First Sea Lorde," Founder of Zokesia Skunkworks, and clever person overall. His shuttle still impresses me a lot.
12. GregroxMun. The official conductor of the Hype Train, GregroxMun is a streamer, an artistic, creative type, and an all-around good guy.
13. ObsessedWithKSP. Clever poster, good suggest-er and a smart person in general. He's informally in charge of the ever-helpful Squadcast reviews as well.
14. sarbian. Mod maker, intelligent poster, "Purveyor of the Nyan Cat," and nice person as a whole. Sarbian is especially helpful with teaching new modders the tips of the trade.
15. Yukon0009. Formerly Majorjim's Apprentice, this great builder is now a self-proclaimed Weavy Geapons Huy, and a builder of great historic rocket replicas and other neat little craft.
16. Mad Rocket Scientist. Well, the name pretty much says it all. Mad Rocket Scientist creates some pretty cool KSP craft of all types.
17. ferram4. Created Ferram Aerospace Research, or FAR, along with other nice mods. He makes things fly properly in KSP. (And he's continuing to do so, even after the release of 1.0!)
18. GusTurbo. He's a Craft Design Craftsman who creates a variety of quality spacecraft! He's never afraid to share his knowledge, state his opinions, or partake in competitions on the Forum.
19. Brotoro. Goes on a variety of grand and fun KSP adventures in the Jool system and more recently on Duna. He is not my neighbor, though. Where did you get that idea?
20. Claw. "Claw-erator" who has created plugins and moderated the Forums for a while now. His bugfixes are very much appreciated by the community... Thanks TxeKnab!
21. pandoras kitten. No Description Yet!
22. Vanamonde. A great and long-lasting moderator. Apparently, his posts come from inside my house. Who knew?
23. lajoswinkler. Lajoswinkler is a prolific and helpful poster, mostly in the Other Forums. He's a 'Kapsulni kommunikator,' to use the... um... Russian, maybe?
24. r4pt0r. Formerly "Proudly 99% Stock," and an Amateur Ancient Historian, r4pt0r is a intelligent poster and an honest guy. (He likes my plugin songs, too.)
25. Azimech. If you haven't seen his turboprop engines, do so. Like, right now. They're really cool. (He's working on new ones, too, now that 1.0 has dropped...)
26. Starwhip. Everyone's favorite Red Dragon, and a very helpful Forum-goer. He's artistic and intelligent and very kind.
27. Whackjob. Wait, you can make rockets that big?! :0.0: Whackjob is nice, even if he's a... little... nutty. Plus, he was the first member of the Light-Green Group! So that counts for something.
28. Alshain. An honest and kind poster who does his best to solve problems and help others across the Forum. According to his life's persistent file, he's a smartS.
29. KasperVld. The new Lead Moderator! Kasper's insights and comments make him well deserving of his position.
30. NecroBones. Another modder, who also creates video tutorials and goes on impressive missions... and is also a great and honest poster. He does pretty much everything.
31. BahamutoD. Modder and creator of BD Armory, among other lovely and very pretty mods. He's also a pretty serious metal guitarist, and his epic KSP theme is definitely something to look into.
32. Tw1. He builds some neat craft, creates creative things in Fan Works, and an all-around nice guy. Also, he's a self-proclaimed "Space Nutter."
33. Beale. Mod-maker extraordinaire, with a very, very creepy avatar. Like, seriously. It's bread... but... I'll stop now. You're welcome.
34. Nertea. Well-known for his gorgeous mods, including Near Future Technologies and Stockalike Station Parts.
35. NovaSilisko. "Spherical Scientist" and former dev. His new game, "Science of the Spheres," looks really cool. Oh, and he does music too!
36. cantab. A knowledgeable, clever poster with no shortage of good ideas, cantab tries to help out or offer his opinion wherever possible.
37. Cupcake.... One of the best VTOL builders in KSP, Cupcake...'s builds are always quite nice (and very impressive)... perhaps even more so in 1.0!
38. Giggleplex777. A great builder of small craft, and the head of the famous "Pico Space Program!" Giggleplex is also simply an all-around nice Forum-goer.
39. DMagic. Yet another awesome mod creator. DMagic has created mods such as ScanSat and DMagic Orbital Science.
40. Geschosskopf. Creator of several very nice tutorials. You wouldn't believe how many times I tried to spell his name before I got it right. :)
41. Columbia. No Description Yet!
42. Xacktar. Hilarious guy with a YouTube channel. All hail Xacktar, he's really cool! :cool: (Seriously, though. Valentina the Rocket Lady is great.)
43. GoSlash27. An intelligent and rather prolific poster, and a "Sliderule Jockey." GoSlash is knowledgeable with both KSP and real-world spaceflight.
44. Zucal. Zucal just joined this March! His meteoric rise to fame was a result of his astoundingly good craft and very clever ideas.
45. Felsmak. Creates zany and wonderful craft and zany and wonderful ideas. His creativity is nearly infinite, and his voice could buy Russia. (Great Naked Space Man reference!)
46. Starwaster. A frequent poster and a notable modder, Starwaster is the Defender of the Sandbox.
47. nightingale. Nightingale's superior work creating mods has earned this Forum-goer a lot of Reputation in a very short time. Congrants, nightingale!
48. stupid_chris. A great former moderator who also developed RealChute parachute systems. That penguin, though... it vibrates! And vibrates, and vibrates...
49. RocketPilot573. Builds a variety of really awesome craft, and has a number of wonderful ideas.
50. Avera9eJoe. From Twitch streaming to YouTubing to modding to music, Avera9eJoe is simply 100% awesome.
51. Streetwind. A nice person and prolific poster in the "Other Forums." He "Talks to boosters," too, but I'm afraid that can't be helped.
52. Overfloater. Creator of gigantic stock SSTOs, "Rocket Bottleer," and all-around good guy. His profile pic is quite mesmerizing.
53. pTrevTrevs. No Description Yet!
54. sgt_flyer. A clever builder of a variety of different, unconventional designs. I personally love his little turbofan engine... it's such a cool idea!
55. parameciumkid. Creator of some very neat craft, great poster, and "Kerbal Pamperer." He has some great, well-thought-out ideas.
56. katateochi. Craft builder, YouTuber, co-host of KerbalX, and "Bewildered Kerbal." Everything that katateochi does is quite high-quality and very nice.
57. pizzaoverhead. Another wonderful modder, pizzaoverhead creates some small but significant additions to the game that make it feel more realistic.
58. Robotengineer. This "Kerbal Space Pundit" is frequently snarky, even more frequently hilarious, and a rising star on the KSP forums.
59. inigma. This Forum-goer's spacecraft builds are quite nice. (You might have seen his shuttle; he's quite well-known for it. It's good.)
60. Endersmens. (me!)"Rumored to stalk you at night, teleport, and eat your soul, Endersmens is actually a friendly Forum-goer who is quite helpful across the board. At least, that's what I'm supposed to say........... don't eat me" - UpsilonAerospace, 2015. RIP.
61. blackrack. Creator of a gorgeous atmospheric scattering mod ("Scatterer"), blackrack has quickly accumulated enough +Rep to join the Group.
62. Foxster. No Description Yet!
63. TriggerAu. Creator of Kerbal Alarm Clock, one of the most useful and frustration-preventing mods in KSP (in my opinion, at least).
64. rbray89. Creator of several notable mods, including Active Texture Management and EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancement).
65. Porkjet. Creator of Spaceplane Plus, a mod that was recently integrated into the official game! Porkjet continues being closely affiliated with SQUAD.
66. RevanCorana. Creator of a number of distinctive and fun KSP craft of all types. "Strut Tamer." (I really should learn to tame my struts too.)
67. eorin. A "Blackbird-addicted" Forumgoer who created Sparrowhawk Aeronautics, and a load of great craft to boot!
68. Jon144. No Description Yet!
69. Frozen_Heart. No Description Yet!
70. astropapi1. Knowledgeable, nice, and very informative, astropapi usually frequents the Other Forums. He's an Aerospace Engineer-to-be, and I'm sure he'll make a great one.
71. Redshift OTF. Builder of some wonderful sci-fi ships, including the Death Star and a Skylon SSTO concept!

Edited by magico13
Revelation

25 rep per day limit no matter, pick something too unlike and to pick something else to like, Fun it became pretty volatile. I wonder about how the notification sytem deal with that kind of like/unlike/like/unlike/etc. things anyone tried ?

EDIT:  not totally sure but appear the user profile user side only keep track of last update change stat

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

(making a few test giving, removing "like" too also dunno how it's handled moderator side) and if said posters will get a notification either for attribution and/or removed statement. Not like i m myself a rep fan xDr just curious about it xDr

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

11 hours ago, magico13 said:

There actually is one. You can do a member search and then sort by reputation. For whatever reason, if you go to the next page it reverts back to sorting by name, but if you manually type page 2 or page N or whatever it will stay sorted correctly.

Hey, you're right! It wasn't easy to get to but I got there. Interesting-- now all rep counts can be measured, including that of SQUAD and the orangesuits. I suppose it's not just possible for a member to get past Val and Jeb, it's inevitable--they're stuck at 61,000 while we steadily increase :) 

Great news! Our basic BBcode still works! You can do Bold, Underline, and Italics, as well as color, size, and titled links! Lists also work, much to my delight. Everything in the OP except tables is still functinal with BBCode! Which means we won't have to drastically change the program. :D

15 hours ago, Endersmens said:

There is a way to update the group, magico13 has assured me of that. 

@Red Iron Crown, I thought rep power was going on the to-do list? Is it not possible? And your argument is made invalid by the fact that our x5 rep count was carried over. If our total rep count was divided by 5 to make it as if we had received all the rep on this forum, then it would be fair to leave it. But we were left with our x5 rep from the old forums, meaning there's lots of users on the list who didn't receive 500 replikes. 

Either increase rep power, or figure out a way to divide rep to where it would be like all rep had been given on this forum. Right now the hybrid doesn't work well at all. I'm putting the group on hold until the migration chaos subsides anyways, so we have some time to discuss all of this. :)

But there's one more problem: I've already got 10 or 15 replikes since the forum change, and then they would be worth less.

Good news everybody! The updater program has been updated to the new forum. For those of you who want to check it out, here's the link. Thankfully most of the BBCode still works and I just needed to modify the data scraping parts. For those of you who might be interested in the output, here's the list it came up with for users with reputation >= 1000 (note: the descriptions file I have is not the same as the one @Endersmens has. Mine is very outdated.)

Spoiler

1. Red Iron Crown. Red Iron Crown is very knowledgeable and likable. Always enlivening conversations, he is fair and well-deserving of the #1 spot. He recently also became a "Common Demoderator," congrats!
  2. 5thHorseman. 5th Horseman has a good YouTube series going, and is very insightful with with his posts. One time, he made an asteroid into a plane!
  3. Majorjim. This "Waterman" builds really great craft, and lots of them. He also puts out many high-quality, insightful posts. He's a great person to have around the Spacecraft Exchange.
  4. regex. This honest and refreshing personality is never afraid to speak his mind, especially about Squad. He's a "Realistic Spacehippie."
  5. Rune. Another builder of a variety of lovely craft, another excellent poster, and a great help to the new builders of the Spacecraft Exchange.
  6. sal_vager. Fair and exalted moderator. Sal_vager recently passed the 10,000-post mark, the highest post count of any member of the KSP forums by far!
  7. UpsilonAerospace. Mastermind behind this thread, and keeper of this thread until recently! Give this man some rep!
  8. Kuzzter. A "Powerpointillist" with a pretty wonderful graphic novel series called "Duna, Ore Bust!" that showcases his ongoing mission to the Red Planet!
  9. RoverDude. He's a "Cat Herder" and a notable and widely respected modder. Creator of the "Umbra Space Industries" series. His mods are widely believed to be among the coolest additions to the game.
  10. NathanKell. Creator of a variety of wonderful mods, including Deadly Reentry and Real Solar System, as well as a distinguished "Modder-ator."
  11. zekes. "First Sea Lorde," Founder of Zokesia Skunkworks, and clever person overall. His shuttle still impresses me a lot.
  12. GregroxMun. The official conductor of the Hype Train, GregroxMun is a streamer, an artistic, creative type, and an all-around good guy.
  13. ObsessedWithKSP. Clever poster, good suggest-er and a smart person in general. He's informally in charge of the ever-helpful Squadcast reviews as well.
  14. sarbian. Mod maker, intelligent poster, "Purveyor of the Nyan Cat," and nice person as a whole. Sarbian is especially helpful with teaching new modders the tips of the trade.
  15. Mad Rocket Scientist. Well, the name pretty much says it all. Mad Rocket Scientist creates some pretty cool KSP craft of all types.
  16. Yukon0009. Formerly Majorjim's Apprentice, this great builder is now a self-proclaimed Weavy Geapons Huy, and a builder of great historic rocket replicas and other neat little craft.
  17. ferram4. Created Ferram Aerospace Research, or FAR, along with other nice mods. He makes things fly properly in KSP. (And he's continuing to do so, even after the release of 1.0!)
  18. GusTurbo. He's a Craft Design Craftsman who creates a variety of quality spacecraft! He's never afraid to share his knowledge, state his opinions, or partake in competitions on the Forum.
  19. Brotoro. Goes on a variety of grand and fun KSP adventures in the Jool system and more recently on Duna. He is not my neighbor, though. Where did you get that idea?
  20. Claw. "Claw-erator" who has created plugins and moderated the Forums for a while now. His bugfixes are very much appreciated by the community... Thanks TxeKnab!
  21. Vanamonde. A great and long-lasting moderator. Apparently, his posts come from inside my house. Who knew?
  22. pandoras kitten. No Description Yet!
  23. r4pt0r. Formerly "Proudly 99% Stock," and an Amateur Ancient Historian, r4pt0r is a intelligent poster and an honest guy. (He likes my plugin songs, too.)
  24. lajoswinkler. Lajoswinkler is a prolific and helpful poster, mostly in the Other Forums. He's a 'Kapsulni kommunikator,' to use the... um... Russian, maybe?
  25. Azimech. If you haven't seen his turboprop engines, do so. Like, right now. They're really cool. (He's working on new ones, too, now that 1.0 has dropped...)
  26. Starwhip. Everyone's favorite Red Dragon, and a very helpful Forum-goer. He's artistic and intelligent and very kind.
  27. Whackjob. Wait, you can make rockets that big?! :0.0: Whackjob is nice, even if he's a... little... nutty. Plus, he was the first member of the Light-Green Group! So that counts for something.
  28. Alshain. An honest and kind poster who does his best to solve problems and help others across the Forum. According to his life's persistent file, he's a smartS.
  29. KasperVld. The new Lead Moderator! Kasper's insights and comments make him well deserving of his position.
  30. NecroBones. Another modder, who also creates video tutorials and goes on impressive missions... and is also a great and honest poster. He does pretty much everything.
  31. BahamutoD. Modder and creator of BD Armory, among other lovely and very pretty mods. He's also a pretty serious metal guitarist, and his epic KSP theme is definitely something to look into.
  32. Tw1. He builds some neat craft, creates creative things in Fan Works, and an all-around nice guy. Also, he's a self-proclaimed "Space Nutter."
  33. Beale. Mod-maker extraordinaire, with a very, very creepy avatar. Like, seriously. It's bread... but... I'll stop now. You're welcome.
  34. Nertea. Well-known for his gorgeous mods, including Near Future Technologies and Stockalike Station Parts.
  35. NovaSilisko. "Spherical Scientist" and former dev. His new game, "Science of the Spheres," looks really cool. Oh, and he does music too!
  36. cantab. A knowledgeable, clever poster with no shortage of good ideas, cantab tries to help out or offer his opinion wherever possible.
  37. Cupcake.... One of the best VTOL builders in KSP, Cupcake...'s builds are always quite nice (and very impressive)... perhaps even more so in 1.0!
  38. Giggleplex777. A great builder of small craft, and the head of the famous "Pico Space Program!" Giggleplex is also simply an all-around nice Forum-goer.
  39. DMagic. Yet another awesome mod creator. DMagic has created mods such as ScanSat and DMagic Orbital Science.
  40. Geschosskopf. Creator of several very nice tutorials. You wouldn't believe how many times I tried to spell his name before I got it right. :)
  41. Columbia. No Description Yet!
  42. Xacktar. Hilarious guy with a YouTube channel. All hail Xacktar, he's really cool! :cool: (Seriously, though. Valentina the Rocket Lady is great.)
  43. GoSlash27. An intelligent and rather prolific poster, and a "Sliderule Jockey." GoSlash is knowledgeable with both KSP and real-world spaceflight.
  44. Zucal. Zucal just joined this March! His meteoric rise to fame was a result of his astoundingly good craft and very clever ideas.
  45. Felsmak. Creates zany and wonderful craft and zany and wonderful ideas. His creativity is nearly infinite, and his voice could buy Russia. (Great Naked Space Man reference!)
  46. nightingale. Nightingale's superior work creating mods has earned this Forum-goer a lot of Reputation in a very short time. Congrants, nightingale!
  47. Starwaster. A frequent poster and a notable modder, Starwaster is the Defender of the Sandbox.
  48. Avera9eJoe. From Twitch streaming to YouTubing to modding to music, Avera9eJoe is simply 100% awesome.
  49. stupid_chris. A great former moderator who also developed RealChute parachute systems. That penguin, though... it vibrates! And vibrates, and vibrates...
  50. RocketPilot573. Builds a variety of really awesome craft, and has a number of wonderful ideas.
  51. Streetwind. A nice person and prolific poster in the "Other Forums." He "Talks to boosters," too, but I'm afraid that can't be helped.
  52. Overfloater. Creator of gigantic stock SSTOs, "Rocket Bottleer," and all-around good guy. His profile pic is quite mesmerizing.
  53. pTrevTrevs. No Description Yet!
  54. sgt_flyer. A clever builder of a variety of different, unconventional designs. I personally love his little turbofan engine... it's such a cool idea!
  55. parameciumkid. Creator of some very neat craft, great poster, and "Kerbal Pamperer." He has some great, well-thought-out ideas.
  56. katateochi. Craft builder, YouTuber, co-host of KerbalX, and "Bewildered Kerbal." Everything that katateochi does is quite high-quality and very nice.
  57. blackrack. Creator of a gorgeous atmospheric scattering mod ("Scatterer"), blackrack has quickly accumulated enough +Rep to join the Group.
  58. pizzaoverhead. Another wonderful modder, pizzaoverhead creates some small but significant additions to the game that make it feel more realistic.
  59. Robotengineer. This "Kerbal Space Pundit" is frequently snarky, even more frequently hilarious, and a rising star on the KSP forums.
  60. inigma. This Forum-goer's spacecraft builds are quite nice. (You might have seen his shuttle; he's quite well-known for it. It's good.)
  61. Endersmens. (me!)"Rumored to stalk you at night, teleport, and eat your soul, Endersmens is actually a friendly Forum-goer who is quite helpful across the board. At least, that's what I'm supposed to say........... don't eat me" - UpsilonAerospace, 2015. RIP.
  62. Foxster. No Description Yet!
  63. TriggerAu. Creator of Kerbal Alarm Clock, one of the most useful and frustration-preventing mods in KSP (in my opinion, at least).
  64. rbray89. Creator of several notable mods, including Active Texture Management and EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancement).
  65. Porkjet. Creator of Spaceplane Plus, a mod that was recently integrated into the official game! Porkjet continues being closely affiliated with SQUAD.
  66. RevanCorana. Creator of a number of distinctive and fun KSP craft of all types. "Strut Tamer." (I really should learn to tame my struts too.)
  67. eorin. A "Blackbird-addicted" Forumgoer who created Sparrowhawk Aeronautics, and a load of great craft to boot!
  68. Frozen_Heart. No Description Yet!
  69. Jon144. No Description Yet!
  70. astropapi1. Knowledgeable, nice, and very informative, astropapi usually frequents the Other Forums. He's an Aerospace Engineer-to-be, and I'm sure he'll make a great one.
  71. Redshift OTF. Builder of some wonderful sci-fi ships, including the Death Star and a Skylon SSTO concept!

Edited by magico13

On 12/2/2015, 1:21:50, Endersmens said:

Either increase rep power, or figure out a way to divide rep to where it would be like all rep had been given on this forum. Right now the hybrid doesn't work well at all. I'm putting the group on hold until the migration chaos subsides anyways, so we have some time to discuss all of this. :)

Neither of these options is quite feasible, I'm afraid. I guess you'll have to just choose a threshold for the group and go with it.

I need some opinions. The new group is almost ready to post. So I have a question: Should I change this thread, and keep the last LGG update in a spoiler, or should I start a new thread and link this one? This one might be locked to prevent confusion, but it will still be easily accessable. The new thread would keep things clean and tidy as well. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Starwhip said:

I am nearly certain that it's a quote from a movie or show or something.
In any case, I think the previous LGG should be put in a spoiler, and the new one taking over the OP.

Pretty darn sure it's a Doctor Who reference. In any case, we should keep the old LGG somewhere, so I suppose the spoiler will work.

I support the new thread idea, for the same reason: keeping this one preserved, and keep it as a memory.

Also, starting a new thread would make more sense considering the forum and reputation change.

Maybe do a poll to decide ?

Edited by Gaarst

12 hours ago, Starwhip said:

In any case, I think the previous LGG should be put in a spoiler, and the new one taking over the OP.

1 hour ago, Starwhip said:

I like the new thread idea better as well.

:confused:

I think I've chosen, I'll be starting the new thread when I get home tonight with the first update. Since there are no descriptions to write at the moment updates can come on a whim, so if you suddenly pass 1000, or the ranks change, shoot me a PM and I'll run the program. :) Actually, it will probably start with this question: What to name it?

I've come up with two possible names. The "Rep Grand Group" (grand being 1 grand, or 1000) or the "Like Grand Group." Anyone have any other suggestions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.