[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

Heh, the only rep I get these days is from closing an errant thread that's already annoyed someone somehow. :P

As to why ship makers get more than modders, I suspect that it's a combination of the fact that a craft can be easily portrayed in screenshots (you need not download it to know what it is like, generally, whereas a lot of mods you don't fully know well at all until you play with them a bit), and that once a user has downloaded a craft or mod, they will tend to go play with it, which tends to make them close the page and thus lose track of where it was.

As a result, mods get less rep because it's hard to know right off the bat whether one likes them or not. With craft, you can look at it and just go 'awesome! they deserve rep!'.

Edited by vexx32

Yup this + we tend to throw more expectation in mod by advance (apply to ksp too, remember thoose so nice drama days ...so pretty the same), than prefab wich could tend to slow the rep attribution process due to the fear of deception from said mod.

Hello, light green people ;).

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
*mode another complementary patterns guy off ;)*

What do you have to do to make people on this forum give you rep?

They almost never do it! (at least to me).

^What he said. Also, stop trying to get people to give you rep. 99% of the (admittedly very little) rep I have comes from posts where I was not trying to get rep.

EDIT: This post, for example. Two reputation from this thing alone. (Thanks LABHOUSE and MrMuddyBoots)

Edited by Vaporo

I have found that reputation is somewhat karmic. Give rep and it will eventually find its way back to you.

Pretty much this. I always run out of rep to give at the end of the day. :P

If you really want to get rep, be nice and post funny things. I always rep archievements (ssto, orbit, landing, you know), new people, cool crafts, and stuff that made me laugh.

[incoming edit. (Mobile sucks!)]

^What he said. Also, stop trying to get people to give you rep. 99% of the (admittedly very little) rep I have comes from posts where I was not trying to get rep.

I agree; just go about normal KSP forum stuff, and people suddenly start giving you rep. I get most of mine (like 80%) from my ZS Craft and company.

Light-Green Group has been updated.

It should be current (and contain no typos anymore. Thanks, Red Iron Crown!)

I love how this thread has become a way for good, honest forum-goers to get more +Rep. One notable example is that of UmbralRaptor, whose +Rep practically doubled after he posted on here. (Also, NovaSilisko was catapulted into the Group within hours of my posting!)

Expect the next update to be sometime in December. I can't update this more than roughly once a month... it's quite time consuming. (Sorry.)

Just a little note - I didn't make KerbalX, the magnificent katateochi did. I did pester him about things going wrong with it though :D To be honest, most of my rep comes from me helping around and making posts like this.

Noted and fixed. I just assumed it was you by looking at your signature... I should be a little more careful next time.

Thank you for adding me! I feel so special!

No problem, zekes. You earned the +Rep, you deserve a place in the limelight.

Not long to go. I`ll be at 2000 posts before that though I reckon.

Best of luck in getting up to the Light-Green Group! I'm sure you'll get there soon enough. :)

Given their artificially boosted reputation points, I feel that SQUAD shouldn't really count - especially not the Kerbal accounts. To me it just doesn't seem very meaningful to list the most "reputable" members of a forum when actually reaching rank 1 is completely unrealistic for ordinary members, if not impossible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.