[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

...and, it's finally done. (Or, at least I think it is.)

There were at least two people who I either didn't see yesterday, or who joined the Group since then. Maybe there's more... if you've joined the Group but you don't see yourself up there, please let me know.

In addition, there were a lot of changes that happened since yesterday, especially among the members with one light-green bar. I didn't change them, because I'm pressed for time once again and they're likely to change soon anyways. As a matter of fact, I jumped up from #5 to #4 on the Forum because of the Group update, and I didn't even adjust my own rank.

By the way, thanks for all of the friendly responses to the update so far! I do my best to find exactly what makes each Group member special, which takes quite a bit of time... but in the end, it's all worth it. :)

-Upsilon

UpsilonAerospace, thanks for all your work updating this, I don't know how you manage to come up with a nice blurb for everyone who's made it. :)

Some things you might find helpful next go round:

To get an arbitrary length list sorted by rep: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=reputation&pp=100 <-- the number at the end is the number of entries per page, set it high enough and you'll get them all on one page.

To avoid messing around with numbering when moving people around, try this:

[noparse]

1. Some jerk at the top of the list
  2. Everyone's favorite grump
  3. Guy who also contributes more than the "top" member

[/noparse]

Which makes this:

1. Some jerk at the top of the list
  2. Everyone's favorite grump
  3. Guy who also contributes more than the "top" member

That way you don't need to renumber, the "[*]" will automagically generate the correct number.

I love my description XD

But I'm confused, on the forum list, i'm 121, minus SQUAD, bob, bill, jeb, and val, I'm 116.

But on this list i'm 107. Are their members not included or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I found the problem. It starts with this: where is Alshain and Norpo? Alshain joined a long time ago, it seems he has been consistently missed.

The second problem, and this is a major one, starts at 52: nightingale. as you see, the progression goes: 50, 51, 52, 45, 46, 47.....107.

so, 2 users missing, plus a 7 number revert, equals every user after nightingale to be 9 numbers ahead of their actual position.

This isn't meant to be rude, just as a helpful heads up to the mistakes. :)

Edited by Endersmens

I love my description XD

But I'm confused, on the forum list, i'm 121, minus SQUAD, bob, bill, jeb, and val, I'm 116.

But on this list i'm 107. Are their members not included or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I found the problem. It starts with this: where is Alshain and Norpo? Alshain joined a long time ago, it seems he has been consistently missed.

The second problem, and this is a major one, starts at 52: nightingale. as you see, the progression goes: 50, 51, 52, 45, 46, 47.....107.

so, 2 users missing, plus a 7 number revert, equals every user after nightingale to be 9 numbers ahead of their actual position.

This isn't meant to be rude, just as a helpful heads up to the mistakes. :)

Thanks for the heads-up! I really do appreciate it. Sending some +Rep your way. I'll fix it in the morning.

I was able to find Alshain (he's at #42), but Norpo remains missing... I'll put him in at the earliest possible convenience. Sorry, Norpo!

I'll also certainly revise the numbers. I was a bit confused about the numbers as well, but your explanation clears things up pretty nicely :rolleyes:

Such is the problem with letting a mere mortal, subject to the unpredictable whims of Murphy's Law, update the Group. (sigh)

Thanks again for pointing this out. I really appreciate it.

-Upsilon

-I was able to find Alshain (he's at #42), but Norpo remains missing... I'll put him in at the earliest possible convenience. Sorry, Norpo!-

-Upsilon

Guess I missed him. Although I was going down the list one at a time with the forum list in a tab next to it, so I guess I had a pretty good probability of missing someone. :P

I noticed lots of position jostling as well, but I know the only way to fix that would be a daily update, and I know that's out of the question. :sticktongue:

This is meant to be a catalog for newbies and experienced forum-goers alike, as to the best and most appreciated individuals on the KSP forums. If one of these guys stops by to say hello on a thread, or even give reputation, be sure to say hi!

This isn't really accurate as a few of the people on that list aren't really appreciated (I would say but I don't want to name names :P). You should change it as that'll be misleading newbies to only base their appreciation for members by their amount of rep, and to not base their praise on the member's actual contributions to the community.

Also, something that actually contributes to the thread:

MOARdV. Wait, wasn't it supposed to be 'boosters?' ...Oh, okay. MOARdV is the creator of the very neat mod RasterPropMonitor, along with other great projects.

MOARdV only maintains RPM, but Mihara created it.

Edited by mythbusters844

Did Red get so much rep the odometer flipped around to zero?

That shouldn't of happened, unless red somehow got 32,767 rep (worst-case, developers should of used an int, this would of been a short). In which case, boo, vBulletin developers, you made an oops. If it was REALLY unprotected, he would have that much negative rep right now (but I imagine something about his rep broke and so it just defaulted to zero)

...Or an admin is playing a joke on him. I dunno which.

EDIT: He still has a lot of the reputation entries on his profile, it happened between 10th June 2015 07:29, and 10th June 2015 09:44 (canadian atlantic time), so apparently those don't count anymore? (I imagine rep is just stored as one number though that goes up as someone gets repped though, not adding up every single rep someone gets, though. That wouldn't matter if it just suddenly defaulted to zero for some reason)

Edited by Norpo

Oh, there's every chance! As you well know from our recent Edit War, the nerves to my posting fingers don't necessarily wait to be activated by my brain.

Looking at the rep log again, it's clear that my last generous repper would have had a power <5. I must have seen the notification thing light up, and automatically thought I had gained five points. Unlike our esteemed Demoderator I probably pay a bit too much attention to my score. :blush: I will try not to let the fame of joining the LG group go to my head: I won't be able to fit my helmet on anymore, not to mention my tasteful and stylish cavalry hat.

Well this is strange, I could swear I had (n) rep this morning and now l have (n-3). I know I'm not important enough like RIC for the admins to mess with--what else could cause rep to go down?

I lost rep too! 5 points actually!

Also, coming close to getting here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.