What 0.25 Difficulty Settings will you use?

JedTech

What 0.25 Difficulty Settings will you use?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What 0.25 Difficulty Settings will you use?

• Easy
    • Normal
    • Moderate
    • Hard
    • Hard with Quick Load
    • Custom/Other (tell us in the comments)

What difficulty settings are you thinking of trying out in your first 0.25 Career?

HtNQ8ab.png?1

Let us know Easy, Medium, or Hard. Of if "Custom", post your response in this format:

• Allow Revert Flights:
  • Allow Quick Load:
  • Missing Crews Respawn:
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight:
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research:
  • Indestructible Facilities:
  • Allow Stock Vessels:
  • Starting Funds:
  • Starting Science:
  • Starting Reputation:
  • Science Rewards: %
  • Funds Rewards: %
  • Reputation Rewards: %
  • Funds Penalties: %
  • Reputation Penalties: %

Edited by JedTech

Here's what I'm thinking for my new Career:

• Allow Revert Flights: ON I like to test and quickly get back to the VAB.
  • Allow Quick Load: ON Mostly so that the Kracken does not ruin my flight after many hours of play. I'll try not to use it for other reasons :)
  • Missing Crews Respawn: OFF Once dead, always dead.
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: OFF I want to hire them myself.
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research: OFF I'm excited for the difficulty added by having ave to purchase these!
  • Indestructible Facilities: OFF Boom!
  • Allow Stock Vessels: OFF
  • Starting Funds: 10,000 (Hard)
  • Starting Science: 0 (Hard)
  • Starting Reputation: -100 Might be fun to role play that I am starting a space program with a bad reputation.
  • Science Rewards: 20-50% I want to work hard to get through the tech tree.
  • Funds Rewards: 20-60% Funds have been generally easy in the past. I want it to be Hard but not impossible to proceed. (I don't do part testing)
  • Reputation Rewards: 60% (Hard)
  • Funds Penalties: 200% (Hard)
  • Reputation Penalties: 200% (Hard)

Edited by JedTech
getting a better idea of what difficulty I want to try.

Allow Revert Flights: yup

Allow Quick Load: yup

Missing Crews Respawn: yup

Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: yup

No Entry Purchase Required on Research: yup

Indestructible Facilities: Nope (I like explodey)

Allow Stock Vessels: yup

Starting Funds: game default

Starting Science: game default

Starting Reputation: game default

Science Rewards: game default

Funds Rewards: game default

Reputation Rewards: game default

Funds Penalties: game default

Reputation Penalties: game default

i will keep revert enabled for testing designs, (in case i forget solar panels, making sure stages work in order, the rocket actually lifts) and save games based on the honor system. the rest will be turned off. not sure on the sliders yet.

Here's what I'm thinking for my new Career:

• Allow Revert Flights: ON (I like to test and quickly get back to the VAB.)
  • Allow Quick Load: ON (Mostly so that the Kracken does not ruin my flight after many hours of play.)
  • Missing Crews Respawn: OFF
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: OFF
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research: OFF (I'm excited to have to purchase these!)
  • Indestructible Facilities: OFF
  • Allow Stock Vessels: OFF
  • Starting Funds: 10,000 (Hard)
  • Starting Science: 0 (Hard)
  • Starting Reputation: 0 (Hard)
  • Science Rewards: 10-60% (Still can't decide. I want it to be hard, but also possible??)
  • Funds Rewards: 10-60%
  • Reputation Rewards: 10-60%
  • Funds Penalties: 200% (Hard)
  • Reputation Penalties: 200% (Hard)

I will use these settings.

For the first time in a couple of version I will create a sandbox game to run "simulations" of new ship designs (and there definitely will be new ones with the new parts!!!) and yes I will cheat by copying new designs to the career game once developed and tested in Sandbox. In fact for a later version, they might consider giving us a "simulator system" in Career mode that costs us a very moderate amount money, science and rep to do this sort of testing within the context of the game.

I will make my first career out of the following custom settings and try to make headway against any undue difficulty by using the new "strategies".

Allow Revert Flights: OFF

Allow Quick Load: OFF

Missing Crews Respawn: OFF

Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: OFF

No Entry Purchase Required on Research: OFF

Indestructible Facilities: OFF

Allow Stock Vessels: OFF

Starting Funds: 10,000

Starting Science: 0

Starting Reputation: 0

Science Rewards: 50%

Funds Rewards: 50%

Reputation Rewards: 50%

Funds Penalties: 100%

Reputation Penalties: 200%

Allow Revert Flights: OFF

Allow Quick Load: ON (To prevent having to ALT+F4 the game in case of bugs)

Missing Crews Respawn: OFF

Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: OFF

No Entry Purchase Required on Research: OFF

Indestructible Facilities: OFF

Allow Stock Vessels: OFF

Starting Funds: probably default for Hard

Starting Science: 0

Starting Reputation: 0

Science Rewards: 50%

Funds Rewards: 50%

Reputation Rewards: 50%

Funds Penalties: 200%

Reputation Penalties: 200%

I think that would be a nice way to make things a bit more interesting. Also I'll probably use Remote Tech once it works with 0.25.

I want and probably will use the hard mode. But i'm still thinking of a way to counteract the kraken without turning quickload on ....

You're hopefully still able to 'make' quicksaves, and if kraken attack occurs i will quit game turn quickload on, load state before, quit game, turn quickload off again. This tediousness will prevent myself using quickload on other cases than bugs and gamecrashes, and forcing me to deal even with the most horrible crashes.

I think ill keep reverting. and quick save just in case KRAKEN comes.

so you can lower sciense gain all the way to 10%. that just crazy grindfest.

But i think hard. funds rewards maybe even down to 50%. so you cant go all crazy with builds.

Havent played in a month. but with these new difficulty settings ill be starting new interstellar career.

But first to sandbox and blow up KSC!

Hard Mode, but with tweaks. I'll still allow QuickSave to get around the inevitable game bugs, but not to get around gameplay mistakes. (With my persistence file backed by Dropbox I could savescum whenever I wanted anyway....) Not sure about the sliders and other settings yet, but I'll use what Hard sets them to as a go-by.

I reserve the right to go to "OMG This Is So Easy" mode if it ceases to be fun or entertaining.

For my career mode install I'll use custom. I'll add FAR, DRE, an RSS resize to 1.75x, and some of my favorite parts and plugin mods (HGR, IR, Engineer, etc...)

• Allow Revert Flights: On because it's tedious to test in sandbox.
  • Allow Quick Load: On because bugs and such.
  • Missing Crews Respawn: Off because Kerbals aren't immortal clones.
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: Off because if I don't have enough crew, I want to hire them myself.
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research: Off because there isn't enough to spend money on.
  • Indestructible Facilities: Off but it won't matter, you pretty much have to deliberately destroy them and I use FAR.
  • Allow Stock Vessels: Off because stock vessels are pretty bad and they won't work with FAR.
  • Starting Funds: 10,000 sounds good.
  • Starting Science: 0, although I might just start with 30 and skip the KSC sciences.
  • Starting Reputation: 0.
  • Science Rewards: I think I'll try 50%.
  • Funds Rewards: I think I'll try 30%~40% because money is so easy to come by.
  • Reputation Rewards: Could probably play the game on 10% and be perfectly fine.
  • Funds Penalties: If this is for failing contracts, I'll bump this to max.
  • Reputation Penalties: If this is for failing contracts, I'll bump this to max.

I reserve the right to go to "OMG This Is So Easy" mode if it ceases to be fun or entertaining.

No one really cares how you play, but yeah, agreed. Although an experienced player could easily run an entire save game on 1/3 the cash. Science grind might be an issue.

Edited by regex

• Allow Revert Flights: Yes
  • Allow Quick Load: Yes
  • Missing Crews Respawn: No
  • Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: No
  • No Entry Purchase Required on Research: No (so, entry purchase is required)
  • Indestructible Facilities: Dunno, we'll see. Leaning No.
  • Allow Stock Vessels: No. I don't use them anyway.
  • Starting Funds: 10,000
  • Starting Science: 0
  • Starting Reputation: 0 -aren't these three the current default? Or do you get more funds?
  • Science Rewards:
  • Funds Rewards:
  • Reputation Rewards:
  • Funds Penalties:
  • Reputation Penalties:

I'll have to think a bit more on the rewards and penalties. Might start them all at 100% and see how things go.

I'd imagine funds and reputation penalties relate to the penalties for failing a contract.

Oh, well, in that case I'd bump them up to max. I don't take contracts I don't want to fly and I don't fail those I take.

Allow Revert Flights: Off.

Allow Quick Load: On.

Missing Crews Respawn: Off.

Auto-Hire Crewmembers before Flight: Off.

No Entry Purchase Required on Research: Off.

Indestructible Facilities: Off .

Allow Stock Vessels: On.

Starting Funds: 10,000 sounds good.

Starting Science: 100 or so.

Starting Reputation: -100.

Science Rewards: 100%.

Funds Rewards: 60-80%.

Reputation Rewards: 20%.

Funds Penalties: 200%

Reputation Penalties: 400%.

I do not know if I start a new career or will I wait to biomes. I started a new game couple of weeks ago and start is quite boring repetition of the same Mün landing. When I start a new career game, probably I try hard settings but allow quickloading. I increase difficulty also with TAC life support and Deadly Re-entry. Maybe I install also FAR if I try planes.

What that "Allow stock vessels" mean?

I think I'll stick with Normal because it seems to be the way SQUAD meant to make the game. I may try a hardcore save if I'm in the mood, but I'm not giving up quickloading because I won't submit to the Kraken.

"Allow stock vessels" means the default ships, e.g. Kerbal X and Aeris 3A, will be available as they are in Sandbox.

Although an experienced player could easily run an entire save game on 1/3 the cash. Science grind might be an issue.

Science grind is more of what I'm concerned about. I found the stock contract system alleviates it somewhat (and makes the "science" grind a bit more like engineering V&V and testing), but not entirely. It starts to feel a bit "been there, done that, didn't get a t-shirt" after a few run throughs.