RendezMe 0.1 - slightly functional rendezvous plugin

kompressor

I hacked on RinComp 0.4 a bit today for fun. I cleaned up the code substantially, and made the Rendezvous pane a lot more useful. So I thought I would release the updates (under a new name to avoid confusion).

New features:

• [li]Find rendezvous targets in a list sorted by distance. Ignores landed ships.[/li]
    [li]Mode to match direction with target.[/li]
    [li]Button to kill relative velocity with RCS.[/li]
    [li]Mode to station keep a few meters off nose of target with RCS.[/li]
    [li]Slightly larger window, various usability tweaks.[/li]

Now, I can reliably rendezvous with my target ships without much trouble. Too bad there\'s no docking port that works very well!

I have included details instructions on how to rendezvous with a target ship in the README.

You can download it at https://github.com/bengarney/RendezMe/zipball/master.

You can view source at https://github.com/bengarney/RendezMe.

I\'m posting this so it can be useful to others (maybe Zool will take parts of it to put back into RinComp; it also shows how to drive RCS from a plugin, which I hadn\'t seen before). Feel free to hack on it, fork it, etc.

edit: removed attachment as github link is always going to be fresher

• [li]Button to kill relative velocity with RCS.[/li]

You\'re still using the same method for finding relative velocity I had in RinComp right? It seemed to freeze when it got within 50m of the target vessel, that may have just been a display issue, but if this feature bugs out that would be the place to look.

You\'re still using the same method for finding relative velocity I had in RinComp right? It seemed to freeze when it got within 50m of the target vessel, that may have just been a display issue, but if this feature bugs out that would be the place to look.

I think you had some 'only show closest distance' threshold in there - after I cleaned stuff up, it seems to track the velocity pretty accurately. But if you can find a situation where the 'kill relative velocity\' button doesn\'t work, let me know.

Still trying to figure this one out. The part is in the Parts directory, and it encounters an error while loading.

AddComponent requested: RendezMe

NOT FOUND!

The RendezMe.dll is in the plugins folder. Where is it expecting to find the file if not there? The log doesn\'t give any hints as to where it looked.

Full part loading log:

loading binary model from C:/Users/Jake/Dropbox/KSP_win/KSP_Data\../Parts\RendezMe/mesh/mesh2.msh

loading binary model from C:/Users/Jake/Dropbox/KSP_win/KSP_Data\../Parts\RendezMe/mesh/mesh3.msh

loading tangents for collider... expect 132 tangents

loading tangents for RCS_fueltank... expect 1140 tangents

tangents done

Cfg Parsing...

AddComponent requested: RendezMe

NOT FOUND!

added node_stack_top at 0.0, 4.64624, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

added node_stack_bottom at 0.0, 0.23193, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Part attachRules: AttachRules

Part mass: 0.1

Part dragModelType: default

Part maximum_drag: 0.2

Part minimum_drag: 0.2

Part angularDrag: 2

Part crashTolerance: 12

Part maxTemp: 2900

icon size: (1.0, 0.5, 1.0) icon center: (0.0, 0.3, 0.0)

Done!
>> rendezme1 >>

• 2 weeks later...

well from what I can tell. it just does the same with different buttons. doesnt seem to be an actual \'rendevous with\' type feature.

EDIT: Just found out my ship didnt have RCS fuel. what a noob mistake!!!! seems like its going to work a lot better now! ???

• 4 months later...
RCS helps quite a bit.

Also, Zool has rolled out a release with this code in it, you should check it out: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=8524.

Aha, I got the code and did some tiny changes.

Now my KKV can automatically use RCS to align the relative velocity to the target's relative position vector. And you understand what that mean, it can now accurately intercept and destroy target with high closure rate like 1000m/s or even higher.

The code changes are really simple. I'm planning to add adaptive RCS throttling if the current one is wasting too much fuel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.