The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Wiped the install and started fresh with no real issues on Steam. Fired up KSP, cranked the video settings as usual, and promptly noticed all the textures appear washed out.

Take a screenshot, save your log and head to the Support forum! :)

If it's your main menu that appears blue and white, just restart KSP once. Should not happen again.

Mac download form the store still isn't working.

What isn't working about it? If you're still downloading 0.24.2 then I'd say Squad is still working on it. If it isn't launching make sure you've removed all your add-ons and if that still doesn't work go to the Support forum.

Okies. Its not the menu, it appears only to be the textures on the rocket parts themselves. Ground textures, building textures, etc. all appear normal. For giggles I'll nuke everything yet again and let Steam do its thing before I head over to the support thread :)

getting the low res textures as well, on steam.
Okies. Its not the menu, it appears only to be the textures on the rocket parts themselves. Ground textures, building textures, etc. all appear normal. For giggles I'll nuke everything yet again and let Steam do its thing before I head over to the support thread :)

Indeed, if this persists please go to the Support forums and provide as much information as possible, but at minimum what is requested in the sticky threads, and where you downloaded the update from.

Edit: make sure your settings are correct first too, and that you don't have any plugins installed that mess with the textures such as texture replacer or Active Texture Management.

Good thing I moved my .24.2 save over today, I didn't figure the release of .25 to be this week. At least now I can finish my clean up missions before moving on to .25, and mods will get a chance to get updated as well.

What isn't working about it? If you're still downloading 0.24.2 then I'd say Squad is still working on it. If it isn't launching make sure you've removed all your add-ons and if that still doesn't work go to the Support forum.

It's working now, it was giving the message from the below post.

I cannot even DL it for the mac, I get error messages on the DL page after I click the 0.25 version:

Edit: 16 hours remaining DL time. 9 Kb/s.

All I get when I click the download thing is:

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11

Invalid Token

Sorry if I was supposed to put this in the official 0.25 discussion thread. Or is this just Sqaud's download server crashing again due to hype overload?

I tried seeing if this was already discussed, so if I missed it I apologize.

I realize mods are per developer. I understand all underlying considerations.

Question is simple...

How long does it usually take for mods to update to the next level? Everything from B9 (with many users) to Remote Tech (with fewer users).

how long has the option for 24hour days and 365 days a year been an option in Kerbal. is it new?

It was in 0.24 AFAIK

EDIT : Oops, didn`t mean to doublepost. I`m too used to the hype rate of posting...

Question is simple...

How long does it usually take for mods to update to the next level? Everything from B9 (with many users) to Remote Tech (with fewer users).

Mods usually take a few days to be OK. Some mods will just work right now and will only need to have their .version updated. Others will need a bit more looking at and will take longer. It is usually not a case of how popular it is, more how deeply it is into the workings of the game.

Edited by John FX

Question is simple...

Hopefully it will be short since SQUAD stated they distributed the developmental version of 0.25 to a large number of modders in anticipation of it's release. But ultimately, it depends on the modders and how the update affected the mod. Parts mods will probably just need a quick recompile and could be up in hours. Others could MUCH longer (days to weeks) if the are incorporating new functionality or were built on code architecture that changed substantially.

Overall, I don't think a lot of mods are going to have trouble this time around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.