The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Mechjeb's dev build is updated for 0.25. Editor Extensions has an unofficial recompile by Padishar here. Pretty sure ferram4 has updated joint reinforcement, too. Not as sure about KW Rocketry.

Thanks - much appreciated.

:edit: Loving the new navball though.

Edited by Frannington

Are any of you still having issues downloading the update from the KSP store? Our host said they would be making fixes so that everyone would have more balanced speeds.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I try again. Here's to hopin' that it works by then!

Are any of you still having issues downloading the update from the KSP store? Our host said they would be making fixes so that everyone would have more balanced speeds.

My first download for the x32 version took 11 hours stating at 5pm (7 Oct 14) Pacific Coast time, the second download for the x64 version took 10 minutes starting around 4:15 AM (8 Oct 14) and I started that second download about 15 minutes after the first one ended.

It looks like the first downloading speed didn't adjust even after the servers became less crowed.

Well done with the SP+ parts. The cargo bay is so much easier to work with than it was in the mod. Especially with the oh-so-useful surface-attach-disabling ALT key.

Thanks as always, Squad.

My only critique now is you need to develop a standard 1.25m and 2.5m cargo fuselage for the stock game, so that rockets aren't left out of the fun.

I don't know if you guys are but i just found out that economic boom .25 has been released i'm soooo pumped im gonna destroy ksc test out the spaceplane plus parts and everything!

So i'm pumped if you guys are then leave a reply and also, what was your favorite feature added?

KSP Has come so far in such short time or atleast it feels like, going from 1 VAB and launchpad to airports and spacewalks. It's awesome.

My only critique now is you need to develop a standard 1.25m and 2.5m cargo fuselage for the stock game, so that rockets aren't left out of the fun.

Definitely! Though I think stock fairings would be more flexible. Something like procedural fairings makes more sense than s bunch of one-size-fits-some cargo bays made to fit rockets. Still, some kind of reusable storage option for rockets wouldn't be a bad idea.

The T45 engine isn't always the best option, because it also requires quite a bit of science to unlock it, and it has less thrust than the T30 - thus, less dV squeezed out. And I have tried it before - didn't quite stabilize the rocket like SAS does.

T30 is best for first stage. T45 is best when reaction wheels are balanced and must use RCS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.