The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

The fact is it is beginning to feel like a finished game, the career mode is really coming along.

Fantastic job done by the Dev team, I really hope more people buy this game to keep up development!

I urge everyone to try and buy at least one relative KSP for Xmas! (One way to contribute to KSP and get another person addicted!)

EDIT:

Now I am really concerned about funds I recover as much of the vessel as close to the KSC as possible...

Landing of my Kontract Kompletor Testbed was a little TOO close! (did bring me plenty of cash though for recovery and contracts complete!)

inOIJo9.jpg

Edited by nine_iron

anyone else who lost all the settings with this update?

all graphic settings are gone. i did the settings againg and now have the feeling that the GUI is not "sharp" and a little bit blurry... probably my eyes...

Yea, I did.

Had to set everything over again and restart the game to see a change. Otherwise game looks horrible.

Hi all.

Sorry if someone was discussing that already in the forum, but I am curious what happened with terrain textures. They seem to have another one level detalization now.

I would also like to know, after the last pair of patches I have small size of letters in the GUI. Too small. No one cares of that?

I had the same problem. Luckily: you can change GUI scaling in a settings.

My first download for the x32 version took 11 hours stating at 5pm (7 Oct 14) Pacific Coast time,

Hehehe, for me it was 11 minutes (nice coincidence)

Edited by Sky_walker

Oddly enough the explosions so far. I accepted a contract to test a radial decoupler while landed on kerbin. "Rocket" had only two parts, capsule and decoupler. Hit the space bar and watched the decoupler fly 250m and land in a giant fireball. Laughed my butt off.

Not being able to revert is certainly making for some interesting gameplay :)

Booster separation shortly after launch didn't go cleanly, destroying half the lifter stage - do we dump the expensive payload in the sea? Nah, we land it with a tiny unbalanced payload parachute and the interplanetary nuke engine :)

EZGR2bnl.jpg

(was a mission to put a rover and a satellite on and around both Ike and Duna - rather panicked as that represented around 3/4 of my available funds)

I noticed that too. Sometimes Jeb flies right out of the door now. I wonder why.

Yes, I get that as well. It seems to be a bit random as well, sometimes it's okay, other times it's like he's been thrown out at high speed.

For me it's difficulty as well, or, to be more precise, the combination of hard difficulty and the strategies available in the admin building.

For instance, I'm now really looking forward to gathering enough science to start the patent licensing program, in order to earn a little bit more funds, so I'll finally be able to afford the entry purchase prices...

Even then you need to land somewhere. I just played around and at 80 tons with around 13 m/s vertical speed touchdown and it's kaboom-time. I didn't even have any horizontal velocity, that was just an 80 ton VTOL. Sure it was a tad rough landing but it shouldn't make the pavement explode...

At first thought I'm not that surprised that 80 tonnes hitting at 30mph causes some damage, but you wouldn't expect it to blow up the whole runway. The shuttle touched down at about 3m/s, Soyuz capsules kit the ground at 3-4m/s and the Orion capsule has been tested at 7m/s. However a quick calc suggests that's only about the equivalent of 1.6kg of TNT

Luckily I don't have this problem as I rarely manage to get my space planes to land on the runway rather the nice flat grass surrounding it :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.