The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Hopefully it will be short since SQUAD stated they distributed the developmental version of 0.25 to a large number of modders in anticipation of it's release. But ultimately, it depends on the modders and how the update affected the mod. Parts mods will probably just need a quick recompile and could be up in hours. Others could MUCH longer (days to weeks) if the are incorporating new functionality or were built on code architecture that changed substantially.

Overall, I don't think a lot of mods are going to have trouble this time around.

Oh I missed that! Good idea on their part and I hope it pays off.

Appreciate the input.

All Mac and Linux versions were redeployed. If you start your download after this post and it still doesn't work, please report it. If you started your download before this post, try again.

Linux... downloading, so it should be ok :)

All I get when I click the download thing is:

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11

Invalid Token

Sorry if I was supposed to put this in the official 0.25 discussion thread. Or is this just Sqaud's download server crashing again due to hype overload?

I get the same thing.

Make sure you don't have browser plugins installed that for example disable trackers, advertisements or javascript and try again. Or try in a different browser. If that doesn't help please create a thread in the Kerbal Network forum!

It appears to be downloading now - I just refreshed a few times and it worked. I'm in chrome with no extensions/plugins. Getting about 10 KB/s, but it's something

The 10kbps transfer rate is due to thousands of people download the new version. It'll improve but it'll probably take some time before your download finishes. Try watching some KSP streams on Twitch in the meantime, if you're curious about what people are doing with KSP :)

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Kerbal%20Space%20Program

This...

781A1B3C838E53F7ED5EEDA20CF1625AF14851A5

...looks retarded. Was it so much trouble to format the doors of the clamp-o-tron to be inline with the payload bay doors, as they were in SP+?

And the admin building looks like a tumor growing out of the gorgeous bac9 KSC. Really disappointed with what you chose to do in this update. Sorry if this is overly negative, but I violently dislike both the way the new admin building fails to match the rest of the KSC, and the way the clamp-o-tron fails to match the payload bays.

The 10kbps transfer rate is due to thousands of people download the new version. It'll improve but it'll probably take some time before your download finishes. Try watching some KSP streams on Twitch in the meantime, if you're curious about what people are doing with KSP :)

I don't want to watch other people play! I want to play myself!

What did Tom Petty say?

Waiting is the hardest part?

I guess I can watch that video

:P:sticktongue::kiss:

Meh I switched to the Steam edition, their servers and bandwidth are handling the load like champs. I'd like to know why I'm downloading from a .co.uk domain though~

(I hope that's just the domain and that I'm not actually trying to download across the pond)

This...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/49862089735365267/781A1B3C838E53F7ED5EEDA20CF1625AF14851A5/

...looks retarded. Was it so much trouble to format the doors of the clamp-o-tron to be inline with the payload bay doors, as they were in SP+?

And the admin building looks like a tumor growing out of the gorgeous bac9 KSC. Really disappointed with what you chose to do in this update. Sorry if this is overly negative, but I violently dislike both the way the new admin building fails to match the rest of the KSC, and the way the clamp-o-tron fails to match the payload bays.

Wait until you realize radially-snapped objects inside the cargo bays clip through the back, and that anything even marginally bigger than 1.25M clips through the doors (like a booster + decoupler = clipping on both sides). And nothing can be attached to the doors, they'll just hover.

Meh I switched to the Steam edition, their servers and bandwidth are handling the load like champs. I'd like to know why I'm downloading from a .co.uk domain though~

(I hope that's just the domain and that I'm not actually trying to download across the pond)

Multiplay is the hosting service Squad uses which would explain the domain. As to where your server is located, that is something I obviously can't tell but Multiplay have a large intercontinental CDN :)

Downloaded just fine for me after a hiccup on Steam. Now I have a seven hour wait until I can play. Been checking out the new code, though.

I, too, was disappointed that bac9's suggestions weren't heeded when I saw a video of the experimentals. Sad to hear it wasn't fixed on release.

Edited by regex

Played around with it a little bit and i have to say, it was worth the hype! Loving the new parts and the difficulty settings. The new texture system stuff looks amazing on kerbin as well!

Downloaded just fine for me after a hiccup on Steam. Now I have a seven hour wait until I can play. Been checking out the new code, though.

Actually pretty curious what changes you find. I'd love to see if they've added snippets of the "anything inside cargo bays have 0 drag" patch to see how they go about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.