Official Mod Compatibility Thread for .25

NathanKell

Or you might want to try all their parts, and find that because Squad fixed a bug with rescaleFactor, now a bunch of their [KW/NP2] parts (that use workarounds to the bug) don't work anymore. They're on the list for a reason. (And KW in particular was warned that the way they were working around the bug was itself an issue months ago, and still hasn't fixed it--and now they're paying the price).

Those warnings are there because we, as plugin authors, put them there. Part packs that don't have plugins don't check compatibility.

sumghai: how thorough, out of curiousity? I had heard people had trouble, and given the changes to the editor (which broke EdEx) I'm surprised SelectRoot is working.

Edited by NathanKell

Uhm, KWRocketry and Novapunch produced no warnings of any kind a moderator might want to deprecate the post which claims they are not compatible.

They are considered incompatible due to changes in the part scaling factors, that resulted in parts being shrunk and/or offset.

EDIT: Ninja'd by NathanKell - the forums is really taking a hammering with the increased server loads.

All of the USI mods have been updated.

USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS)

Karbonite

Karbonite Plus (K+)

Freight Transport Technologies

Asteroid Recycling Technologies

USI Exploration Pack

USI Survivability Pack

Community Resource Pack

sumghai: how thorough, out of curiousity? I had heard people had trouble, and given the changes to the editor (which broke EdEx) I'm surprised SelectRoot is working.

This comment is interesting as the editor component of my action groups mod had no issues with any changes.

Reading the patch notes it looks to me like it was the editor 'building' that got the changes, not how parts/vessels are handled.

So mods that deal exclusively with the parts/vessel in the editor are fine while mods that interact with the editor building or editor itself have run into issues.

I don't actually know anything for sure beyond what is in the patch notes however, there a conversation going on somewhere about this?

D.

Whoops! I missed your comment, sorry.

I tested SelectRoot (18 July 2014) by itself in an otherwise stock 0.25 install, as well as a heavily-modded 0.25 one. In both scenarios, the root part of the vessel in the VAB/SPH were sucessfully reassigned and the relative positions of the other parts were rebuilt properly. I suspect that any reports to the contrary are due to potential conflicts between SR and *other* plugins rather than any direct incompatibility with 0.25 itself.

sumghai: that's great! Thanks so much for doing the detailed testing (that I kinda figured you already had, but had to ask). Editing. :) (Diazo, also relevant)

newlive: Precise Node has the same issue Toolbar does: there's an issue with how nlizzy is getting his compatibility info, it will be resolved shortly (aka tomorrow, probably). He has cleared them both for .25, but due to changes in CompatibilityChecker that isn't being reported.

magico, Starstrider42, RoverDude: thanks.

Kerbal alarm clock seems to crash the client as well.

[EXC 01:17:32.769] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

UIPartActionController.UpdateResourceWindows ()

UIPartActionController.UpdateFlight ()

UIPartActionController.Update ()

[LOG 01:17:32.771] 10/8/2014 1:17:32 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

sumghai: that's great! Thanks so much for doing the detailed testing (that I kinda figured you already had, but had to ask). Editing. :) (Diazo, also relevant)

Yes, the problem with Editor Extensions was that it messes with some of the PackedSprite members of EditorLogic and Squad moved this class from one assembly to another...

Also, Chatterer 0.7.0 seems to be working without recompile.

Update: Kerbal Engineer Redux has updated both 0.6 and 1.09 to KSP 0.25.

Update: HyperEdit 1.2.4.2 works without recompiling.

Update: the BETA of Kerbal Alarm Clock v3 works without recompiling. I don't know about the stable version.

Update: Texture Replacer 1.7.1 is still working for me.

Final (?) update: Environmental Visual Enhancements 7.4 works partially (no city lights). Better Atmospheres v5 seems to work fine for me. Please note that without Active Texture Manager, it becomes necessary to launch the game using OpenGL, which tanks the AA.

Edited by Ippo

Ugh, just when you think things are working fine there is always something that trips you up.

Can you please move my Action Groups Extended mod to the Update Required section please?

I did not test extensively enough and the released version did have some stuff broken, version 1.18a is required for KSP 0.25

Action Groups Extended 1.18a

My other mods are actually fine and their release versions are compatible.

D.

HGRbeta (Version .23) Works, however the Large LES is missing it's texture.

AIES 1.5.1 works however the landing legs cause NRE spam in the log and the raise landing leg animation fails to play if the legs are deployed in the editor. These are known issues and a fix is in the works (No timetable)

Edited by Taki117