EVA Ejects at High Velocity [.25]

Likewise and even more annoying when you have Jeb grab the ladder and he gets flung away. Makes EVA reports nearly impossible.

Thought that maybe this was a product of hard mode but given the problems others are having maybe not. Wonder if the lander cans and three man pod also have this problem.

Likewise and even more annoying when you have Jeb grab the ladder and he gets flung away. Makes EVA reports nearly impossible.

Thought that maybe this was a product of hard mode but given the problems others are having maybe not. Wonder if the lander cans and three man pod also have this problem.

I wondered the same, and gave the can and 3 man lander a shot. At first it seemed to be ok, but after several in and outs, they just floated off. It certainly happened less on the larger pods, but its still present.

Yeah, at first I thought it might have something to do with the Kerbal's stupidity rating, before realizing an idea like that would be way too bad to make it into the game.

I haven't had this much trouble staying on a craft in EVA since I created that awful lander with a Cubic Octagonal Strut too close to the door. Every time I went on EVA, the poor Kerbal got shot out like a bullet. Of course, I didn't notice 'til I was already at Gilly, so I just F5->F9 until I got a good exit. :blush:

This makes it really tough to get EVA science from Mun and Minmus.

According to Kerbal Engineer, my Kerbal experiences 138g's when going to EVA. I am not sure why he sometimes flies off and sometimes stays put but it might be 138g's in a particular direction and the orientation of the capsule has something to do with it. Just a guess.

Anyways almost lost my Kerbal in interplanetary space because of this.

I'm having this on the Windows install. It actually really irritating because the Jet Packs also seem to have had something done to them, I cannot steer for crap in .25, and never had any issues like this before. And then, no matter how slow i maneuver to the command pod, as soon as I "GRAB" the ladder, he's launched off again.

I have this same issue... At first I thought It might've been some weird clipping issue on some of the more complex ships or some problem with some sort of mod. It doesn't happen that much for me (1/10 times maybe) and when it does happen it is manageable (just take my kerbal back to the ship). But on 0.25 this seems to have happen a bit more frequently (I haven't played that much so I'm not really sure about the frequency).

Anyway... The issue that bugs me the most is when I try to grab the ladder (on a pod with no acceleration) my kerbal rotates in a weird way and is thrown away rather fast. Also, some of the times he's just sliding down (or up) the ladder slowly until he lets go. And some times when I go EVA he gets thrown into space.

All of this is manageable and, at least for me, it doesn't happen that often but I do imagine if was to happen so frequently as some user suggest it would become very annoying very fast.

Anyway, I'm using stock KSP 0.25 x86 (haven't started installing Mods) on a fresh installation of windows 7 x64 (decided to format my PC).

Ok, so it seems like a lot of people are having this issue, so I won't bother to include my accounts of what has happened, since they don't really add to the discussion. However, I would like to suggest a possible solution (which could probably be implemented in a mod if someone has the coding know-how). Would it be possible to treat ladders similar to docking ports, ie have the kerbal docked to a ship while holding onto a ladder, and simply have the attachment node move as the kerbal moves? Also, I agree with a lot of you that this is an extremely frustrating bug, and would love to see this addressed in a timely manner by the devs.

Personally, I've been having this bug on Windows (both 32 and 64 bit) and Mac, going back at least to .23 for the sliding around issue, though the flying off at high speed is something I've just started experiencing with .25.

Same problem, both 32-bit Windows and OSX. No mods, nothing mounted to the capsule besides the parachute and the decoupler.

This bug effects all OS's, all CPU architectures. This is the only KSP bug I've ever come across that made me want to go back to the previous KSP version. Radial Decouplers...I can build around that...Hard to build around being launched from a pod on EVA.

I don't like just saying "me too" but...

I'm having the same problem, click that EVA button and my green dude launches from the door into space. Good thing they don't fly out a too high a speed.

Apparently "me too" is to short of a message to post. So..... Me too.

Same problem, about half the time going EVA will eject my Kerbal away from the spaceship - sometimes quite violently.

After playing v0.25 for much longer, I've noticed the high velocity EVA ejection bug only seems to happen with small and light ships. All of my recent missions have been with fairly large ships (50+ tonnes), and I no longer experience problems when going EVA. My guess is therefore that this bug has to do with the relative force exerted by a Kerbal on a ladder compared to the size of the ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.