Rigged Kerbal 3D Model

PeterEdwardson

Wow!

While I don't have anything planned, I feel this could be very useful should I try anything Kerbal related, seeing as I can't model to save my life.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the word but this looks like the best Kerbal 3D model I've seen outside of SQUAD's models and in Blender as well!

Congratulations on your work.

Aku.

2 hours ago, LucasGamingBestAll said:

Dude, help, i need a way to find File of Kerbal File for Editing by Blender!

First post from this post have 3 options for download.

Did you try it?

Edited by Climberfx

• 1 month later...

he mate, your renders are awesome !  Why do not you have it on the frontpage .. now I've made it for you.

Do you have more, perhaps from duna?  Would you like to make a few renders with the ss-avalon on duna ?

STZ7hTV.jpg

3qfs5Hf.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I have found the issue with this rig. By all means it is brilliant (easily the best fan-made one out there), but the reason it looks a bit off is, in my opinion, the eyes. They appear to be too oval shaped, as the in game version have very circular eyes :P. Here is my version: 

9y6R8FR.png

Edited by Quantum Crab

1 hour ago, Quantum Crab said:

Or, it would be if I new how to insert images on this forum...

Upload to an external host site (e.g. Imgur). Get the direct link (it should have a file extension at the end of it) and paste it into the input box here. If it doesn't automatically embed, use the "Insert other media" dropdown at lower right, select "Insert image from URL," and paste it there.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, danger cow said:

I'm having torobel with this rig when I go to render it. it  turns out textureless and pink :/

When you first open the blend file it should open with the text editor opened to some instructions.  They should help you but in a nutshell, you simply have to point the texture to the proper image.  Fairly sure they are included but if they are not you can cruise over to textures.com (used to be cgtextures) and find two files.  You'll need:

PlasterWhiteDirty0160 for the helmet.

FabricPlain0028 for the straps on his suit.

Anything close to those in color/style should work.  Have fun! :cool:

edit: textures.com is free but you have to register.

Edited by esinohio

On 3/18/2018 at 4:34 AM, esinohio said:

When you first open the blend file it should open with the text editor opened to some instructions.  They should help you but in a nutshell, you simply have to point the texture to the proper image.  Fairly sure they are included but if they are not you can cruise over to textures.com (used to be cgtextures) and find two files.  You'll need:

PlasterWhiteDirty0160 for the helmet.

FabricPlain0028 for the straps on his suit.

Anything close to those in color/style should work.  Have fun! :cool:

edit: textures.com is free but you have to register.

thank you so much! 

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.