[PLUGIN, PART, 0.17] Bigtrak KSP Edition v.30 Liltrak

chickenplucker

*cough* http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4873.0

More examples of Tosh\'s awesomeness. I do think that something that allowed water crossing would be great fun, I\'ll look into what I can do. I\'m trying not to integrate to many of plugins but amphibious parts would be neat.

*cough*

Currently KSP processes buoyancy on part-by-part basis only (see PartBuoyancy class in Assembly-CSharp package). A craft must have at least three buoyant parts to float stably. So may I suggest attaching one float at the front (in place of blade/fork) and two at the rear?

Although I\'m not sure how to propel the craft in the water. A boat with gimballed rocket engine is\'Kerbal\' indeed, but not very realistic ;)

*cough*

Currently KSP processes buoyancy on part-by-part basis only (see PartBuoyancy class in Assembly-CSharp package). A craft must have at least three buoyant parts to float stably. So may I suggest attaching one float at the front (in place of blade/fork) and two at the rear?

Although I\'m not sure how to propel the craft in the water. A boat with gimballed rocket engine is\'Kerbal\' indeed, but not very realistic ;)

*cough*

Rocket-Propellers.... The Great Equalizer.

Place them on a damned tilt mechanism, then rotate the mechanism in the VAB. This also allows some sort of aiming at a target.

Yeah, the mechanisms a bitch to do... I was hoping I could mount PPCs on the side of a Sunbeam since then I could use the SunBeam to target parts and the PPCs to do the actual 'damage'.... but no. no radially mounting PPC\'s on SunBeams, sadly.

There are several new features in cart.dll v1.31 you may find useful:

• [li]An ability to retract wheels into the hull,[/li]
    [li]A PART.CFG parameter to orient a cart towards the launchpad ramp,[/li]
    [li]Point lights with different colors (also adjustable via PART.CFG).[/li]

BTW have you seen this gismo?

screenshot49w.png

A nice idea for amphibious BigTrak :)

Yup, everything should work without issue. You can get the cone to snap better by toggling the new snap to angle button right next to the symetrey button. The cart plugin is a bit outdated though and I have been meaning to update it but haven\'t had the chance yet. Hopefully this weekend I can play with the cool new cart features and work on some updates. I have been playing around with the amphibious gear but the command pods keep touching water and exploding. With the new SPH I really want to start on a kerbelized version of Serenity to cart a bigtrak around in.

Yup, everything should work without issue. You can get the cone to snap better by toggling the new snap to angle button right next to the symetrey button. The cart plugin is a bit outdated though and I have been meaning to update it but haven\'t had the chance yet. Hopefully this weekend I can play with the cool new cart features and work on some updates. I have been playing around with the amphibious gear but the command pods keep touching water and exploding. With the new SPH I really want to start on a kerbelized version of Serenity to cart a bigtrak around in.

I got it to work, some strange bug. :)

Also, good to hear that you haven\'t stopped doing new things for the glorious bigtrak. :D

For those having problems with the orientation, try using SHIFT+ADSWQE keys to get the parts rotated -after- you have them in a good spot. It\'s different, but it does work. However, parts will probably need some physical mapping re-done now, since they were pretty much custom tailored for the old VAB. Progress isn\'t always easy! :D

What version of the mod are you using? The most current version seems to be working fine for me. I made a stock rocket with vanilla parts and slapped two lights on it with no issues.

Also I\'m working on an update currently that will get the tail lights working right, update the cart plugin, and hopefully *fingers crossed* some form of Bigtrak-motorcycle

Just a rough proof of concept right now.

screenshot0.jpg

Updated the .zip to version .21, updated Cart plugin to current and finally got the dang brake lights working on the Bigtrak. Was held back due to an errror in Unity (Me not know how the heck to use it).

haha, oh man, thanks for sharing that Cepheus. They seem kind of terrifying in large groups for some reason :P

Thanks for the nice comment ajshell :)

I think Tosh has given me a pretty good solution to getting around the stability issues on the bike, but I have yet to test it. When its finished it will prolly not look anything like that test mule in the pic above, but one way or another Jeb will have his bike.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.