.24.5 Stock Parts Discussion/Poll

Should .24 parts like the "Small Control Surface" return in addition to the updates?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should .24 parts like the "Small Control Surface" return in addition to the updates?

• Yes
    • No

This discussion is a continuation of the parts mod I released with the old .25.5 models for parts like "MK2 to size 1 Adapter" and "Small Control Surface". Turns out WolfGeek101 had beaten me to the punch and released a mod already. I know this is in the wrong place, I've requested it be moved.

It can be found here.

So in the interest of keeping everyone on the same page I have deleted my version of the parts. If you are one of the 7 people that downloaded any of my parts you should delete them and install the mod above. Else you will be the only ones with these parts which will cause problems with downloading/sharing crafts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

A discussion has started in this thread however which I wish to continue. Obviously the update was somewhat of a disappointment to me in that it changed the parts that I rely on pretty heavily for my dogfighting craft. Don't get me wrong I really like the new parts, however I have spent hundreds of hours building a fleet of craft using these parts which are now vastly different. Cupecake...'s incredibly popular dropships will suffer the same fate, and he has spent far more time than me creating his market.

KCSm5NW.png

yfvc8fO.png

The main gripe so far is the small control surface. Like myself, many people enjoy building small craft, and the new small control surface makes this incredibly difficult. Now we've somewhat solved this problem by creating the mod posted above, but that means people like me, cupecake..., and majorjim can no longer truely call our crafts "stock".

So what do you guys think, should parts like the small control surface be added back in? Is it really that big of a deal to have 4 or 5 more parts than we do already?

cb

Edited by clown_baby

Thank you for doing this!

The small surface was so good for small builds.

The new one is too big and too thick to be as useful.

Having said that, using this now would mean my craft where... Modded.

So I think I will just bite the bullet and stick to the new stock parts.

Dammit...

MJ

Thank you for doing this!

The small surface was so good for small builds.

The new one is too big and too thick to be as useful.

Having said that, using this now would mean my craft where... Modded.

So I think I will just bite the bullet and stick to the new stock parts.

Dammit...

MJ

Well, I guess squad doesn't care about us small craft builders. I mean, WTF squad, you just HAD to remove the small control surfaces...

Well, I guess squad doesn't care about us small craft builders. I mean, WTF squad, you just HAD to remove the small control surfaces...

Yes I would like to hear from Squad ad to why they deleted this part!

Let's start a poll to bring it back! What's the harm in having more options??

Why take it away Squad? Why can't we have both?

Yes I would like to hear from Squad ad to why they deleted this part!

Let's start a poll to bring it back! What's the harm in having more options??

Why take it away Squad? Why can't we have both?

I concur! Their decision was utterly shortsighted and, frankly, stupid.

POLL! POLL!

OP has been updated. Turns out Wolfgeek beat me to the punch for this mod. And to insure there aren't two versions of the .24.5 parts floating around I've deleted mine.

Here is his thread

If you are one of the 7 people that downloaded any of my parts you should delete them and install the mod above. Else you will be the only ones with these parts which will cause problems with downloading/sharing crafts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A discussion has begun here about the parts however, which I wish to continue. I have also added a poll.

Hopefully this will get moved to the general forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.