KSP is selling better than Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on Steam?!

LtHeckard

Hmm its almost like they planed the launch of the new patch to coincide with the sale. Excitement of a new patch + Sale = lots of people buying. Good marketing stratagy :)

And honestly that black flag sale is not all that good. 33% pft it will probably have a 50% or more off when the winter sale rolls around in a few months I'll pick it up then. It might also have a baseline pricedrop by then since the next one will be out in november. Its already overpriced on steam anyway and the sale is only bringing it down close to list price at other places.

Not bashing KSP by saying this because I obviously like the game, but Assassin's Creed is almost a cult game and I have few friends who like it like I do. They're the same peeps that like games like Splinter Cell and Hitman vice shoot em ups and RPG's.

While I can agree that the AC franchise is a good set of games, I've enjoyed them myself afterall, they are a different beast. As much fun as I've had with each AC title I've bought they are at best one off titles. I play through the storyline, possibly go back and try to get 100% completion if I feel like it and then shelve them indefinitely. There's just nothing that pulls me back in like KSP does. KSP is just a better value IMO as I've spent more hours on a game I picked up for $20 than all 5 of the AC titles I've got in my steam library combined. Makes full AAA price not seem so worth it.

The point I'm trying to make is, Ubisoft is a reputable video game company and it's well known across the globe. KSP on the other hand, is a game that kind of just...surfaced on the internet and became an internet sensation.

The point I'm trying to make is, Ubisoft is a reputable video game company and it's well known across the globe. KSP on the other hand, is a game that kind of just...surfaced on the internet and became an internet sensation.

AAAHAHAHAHA Good one. SQUAD is more reputable than most Triple A companies, trust me.

Irrelevant comparison.

AC:BF will outsell KSP 10:1 in the end, and do that without resorting to cutting the price by half.

Irrelevant comparison.

AC:BF will outsell KSP 10:1 in the end, and do that without resorting to cutting the price by half.

the sale right now for AC:BF already is half price from launch. AC:BF will be $19.99 as its baseline non sale price on steam by this time next year and regularly going on sale for $4.99, just like AC3 is now.

KSP's price slowly creeps up over time as it gets more feature complete.

While I agree that AC anything will outsell KSP its also a very popular franchise from a big developer in a totaly different genere. KSP is an indi game. AC games also blow their load in the first year and ends up a bargin bin game after that as the sheeple move on to the next greatest retread forking over another $60. They always do resort to cuting the price by significantly more than half to keep sales trickeling in after their next cash cow hits the market.

You have no idea how wrong you are...

-----

If you show the list of every game on Steam by user rating* (i.e. positive - negative review score), KSP is on the second page in 45th place**. Clearly it's fairly popular :P

*The easiest way to do that is to show all games for Mac OS X, delete the Mac OS X tag and then sort by review score, as far as I can tell.

** 98% of the 13000 reviews are positive

You have no idea how wrong you are...

I see where you're coming from, what with their former dalliances with StarForce and forced internet DRM verification, so it's probably fair to say that, as a corporation, they're not terribly reputable. However, their games are generally well-received critically, so they are generally perceived to be reputable game creators.

I see where you're coming from, what with their former dalliances with StarForce and forced internet DRM verification, so it's probably fair to say that, as a corporation, they're not terribly reputable. However, their games are generally well-received critically, so they are generally perceived to be reputable game creators.

Yup. It's ubisoft the publishers who have the bad reputation. Their developers have always been held in high regard.

KSP is one of the big success stories of online distribution. In the old days they would have had to sign either with a large games publisher who forces deadlines upon them and stifles creativity, or a small publisher who sells niche sim games, and then hardly anyone would hear about it.

ubisoft is hardly reputable, unless the reputation you refer to is for its absurd DRM policies which punish paying customers, including starforce that bricked thousands of PC's

Edited by TheTranceMan

Yup. It's ubisoft the publishers who have the bad reputation. Their developers have always been held in high regard.

KSP is one of the big success stories of online distribution. In the old days they would have had to sign either with a large games publisher who forces deadlines upon them and stifles creativity, or a small publisher who sells niche sim games, and then hardly anyone would hear about it.

As I know Mount & Blade was the larges success of the early access games, its also the first I know about using the model.

KSP is another of the success stories.

Ubisoft has taken some beating lately, not surprisingly watchdogs did not live up to its hype as it was way overhyped.

Worse the pc version was the usual bad port with features, even worse with features disabled.

Ans yes the uppcoming AC on PS4 :) not surprisingly it did not stop the debate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.