Squad why cant we keep the old wing parts?

Again, I don't understand, I'm saying that the new parts are smaller, not larger.

I'm going out soon, so I can't post the pictures right now, but have you tried making micro-drones with the new parts? I could fit two atmospheric drones in one mk-2 bay with the old parts, but the new aerodynamic components make them hilariously large.

Haha nondynamic wingparts, get on my level.

0_o you're alive...

Glad to have you back! :)

Again, I don't understand, I'm saying that the new parts are smaller, not larger. Is there a comparison showing this to not be the case?

Mate, just take a look and you will see that the new small alieron is bigger and thicker than it's replacement.

No it means, that opinions are just that: Opinions. Opinions are not fact - unless of course, they are Jim's opinions it seems.

Ok. I'm my opinion, they are worse for small builds as the new small aileron is larger and thicker.

You cant do as much with it.

I think folks have shouted loud enough so Squad heard about their concerns.

How about taking a nap and let things cool down a bit?

I don't think spinning the topic further helps in ANY way (except maybe for lots inet drama if that is what you are after).

Fjord

I'm at work so I can't try and remake that plane with the new parts, but do you have a pic of the remake for comparison. Otherwise, I would say, in my opinion, that the plane doesn't look all that great to begin with, because of the stock parts before 0.25. The swept wings look okay (and only okay), but the control surfaces and air intakes look horrible. Again, not blaming your design, but what you have to work with. I would think you could make a sleeker, equivalent plane that looks very similar to this one, but with the new parts.

No, it totally didn't work. The control surfaces wouldn't attach and a I gave up. They looked like they were floating around the plane and there was simply no way to fix it. Since they were the only things with black borders on the plane, they were also visually out of place. But that is your opinion, I think the plane looks great.

I think folks have shouted loud enough so Squad heard about their concerns.

How about taking a nap and let things cool down a bit?

I don't think spinning the topic further helps in ANY way (except maybe for lots inet drama if that is what you are after).

Fjord

Yes agreed, this is getting really annoying.

I will respect Squads decision either way.

I just wanted them to hear my opinion, that's all.

Haha nondynamic wingparts, get on my level.

Damn you, Japan!

I just decided to actually commit to making some planes with old fashioned, rigidly non-shapeable wing parts in order to share them with stock players... now you're making me want to change my mind. :D

In all seriousness though, if a smaller control surface is something a lot of people feel is missing (or anything else that's easy to fix) I'm sure we can get it included if not in the next update but the one after that. So make a sketch of what you want and stick that on the bugtracker as a feature request.

The first implementation of a larger overhaul like this is never perfect so I'm sure Squad has planned for the possibility of adding some extra stuff in later. Just like when .18 added the size 2 parts and we got ASAS and whatnot that was missing in the update after.

In certain aspect I have to agree with the OP: the newer control parts, pretty as they are, feel somewhat off in smaller planes ( or even as rudders ). That doesn't make want to make the new ones disappear, though ... ;)

I don't want old wing parts back.

I want current parts to be scaled or new parts, based on current, added for a small spaceplanes.

Though actually I don't care all that much. There are many other, higher priority things missing from the game than parts for small spaceplanes.

Edited by Sky_walker

Sigh,

Thanks for the useful input..

You want my input? OK:

You should go and get the files you want from an old install or from the Addon Releases section and put them in your game. Then, rather than making 2 threads with heated complaints and demands that you'll stop playing KSP forever and tell your friends to not buy it (lol), request that Squad make them available as a Legacy pack via the bugtracker feature request section.

You want my input? OK:

You should go and get the files you want from an old install or from the Addon Releases section and put them in your game. Then, rather than making 2 threads with heated complaints and demands that you'll stop playing KSP forever and tell your friends to not buy it (lol), request that Squad make them available as a Legacy pack via the bugtracker feature request section.

Mate...

I only started one thread and I never said that I would stop playing or tell my Freinds to stop playing because of this.

That was a different user...

And I only build stock that's why I asked for them back. I can't release stock craft with a modded old part.

Please read the posts properly before posting it will save everyone a lot of time.

Yeah I will put in a request to Squad for a legacy pack.

In my opinion:

- The new wing parts are vastly easier to build functional larger wings without clipping. Basically every design with the old ones used wing clipping to some extent. However, the new wings' uniform thickness makes it harder to clip and still look good because of the flickering, unless you turn off angle snap and offset a bit.

- The old control surfaces were vastly OP compared to the wings, these ones are more in line with lift and weight values. Their lower lift might reduce infiniglide problems. Although some people like infiniglide, it makes no sense to cry foul when a bug is removed or nerfed.

- It doesn't make sense that there was no grace period with the old parts, though I would have just deleted the old wing parts anyway if there was, since I'm starting over with the new update.

- If you really don't like the new wing parts and you have saved an old version of KSP as backup (this is a good idea to do in the future if you don't already), you can probably just copy them over to the new version and they'll still work.

Oh .... I'm late to the party. I really like the new parts, but it's unfortunate for us who have spent hundreds of hours building craft markets just to see all the hard work for nothing

Here is a mod with the old parts. These parts won't replace the new ones.

And here is my thread with a poll regarding the new ones.

Edited by clown_baby

I meant 'you' in the plural, addressing-everyone sense, not you specifically.

Also, this is the first time I've seen you say you build stock only.

It was clearly aimed at me as you directly quoted me.

If you have nothing of use for this thread kindly don't post.

t seems to me there is a bit off an issue where some of the old parts don't have propper equivalents in the new. Some of this could be resolved with scaling tweaks.

The smallest new elevon is larger than the old one, and the largest smaller than the old one.

Also, fins aren't being replaced?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also will miss the old swept wing, as its slight curveyness leant it to interesting applications.

nCbzy9Sl.png

I also think the old model of the Mk1 cockpit was more interesting.

But apart from that, the new parts are pretty cool.

While I like the idea of an old wing parts mod, Perhaps rescaling the new control surfaces would fix the main issue? Thickness probably will only be an issue for the smallest planes.And 'planes'

h0BoXTbl.png

Edited by Tw1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.