Squad why cant we keep the old wing parts?

They are not 'better' in terms of actual imaginative building. Something I love about the game.

You will see, the new SP+ parts craft will all look very similar. Ie, boring

Seriously...? Take a look around the sp+ thread and see the hundreds of different crafts people have built.

That's such an odd statement to make.

Seriously...? Take a look around the sp+ thread and see the hundreds of different crafts people have built.

Look at the spacecraft exchange and observe the thousands of UNIQUE craft people built. Stock parts allowed people to express their own design tastes.

Those SP+ parts look monotonous. Do you really not see how conformal those SP+ craft look?

That's regressive thinking.

Why 'improve' the new parts, if the old ones could fill the gap with no work put into them?!

ARGH!

What if I told you, the DIMENSIONS of these parts are ridiculous. These SP+ parts make the game nearly unplayable for people such as Majorjim and I.

But the old parts were horrifically boring and bland. It was one of the most popular mods at the time, the majority must feel the same.

This doesn't mean they should have removed the 'old' parts - i'm sure you'll get them back soon.

Not really. Its just my opinion. If it seems strange to you it's because you disagree.

I'm annoyed because not only did Squad say there would be a grace period and never said the small ailerons would not be part of this grace period.

Also having tried the SP+ replacements I can say that they are inferior in terms of build possibilities.

Look at the spacecraft exchange and observe the thousands of UNIQUE craft people built. Stock parts allowed people to express their own design tastes.

Those SP+ parts look monotonous. Do you really not see how conformal those SP+ craft look?

Ok, this is a rough area for everyone involved because everything's based on opinion.

In my opinion (someone who builds for purpose and not for looks), they both do a job.

I don't care too much for how things look.

But the old parts were horrifically boring and bland. It was one of the most popular mods at the time, the majority must feel the same.

This doesn't mean they should have removed the 'old' parts - i'm sure you'll get them back soon.

I'm sorry I have to do this...

[modedited]

Edited by technicalfool
Reaction image.

Here's a man with vision and foresight.

SP+ is like B9, every plane looks like every other plane. Some longer, some shorter. Don't get me wrong. I love the cockpit, and air intakes. The wings and control surfaces, not so much.

Not really. Its just my opinion. If it seems strange to you it's because you disagree.

I'm annoyed because not only did Squad say there would be a grace period and never said the small ailerons would not be part of this grace period.

Also having tried the SP+ replacements I can say that they are inferior in terms of build possibilities.

I don't disagree, you should be given the option to what parts you use. I think both part sets are good, the old ones were boring though.

It seems pretty hillarious Squad would give you a grace period for using old parts - it's so insanely easy for them to make them an option.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like an engineer at a draftsman party.

I don't disagree, you should be given the option to what parts you use. I think both part sets are good, the old ones were boring though.

It seems pretty hillarious Squad would give you a grace period for using old parts - it's so insanely easy for them to make them an option.

?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean to keep them in alongside the SP+ parts

- - - Updated - - -

In this case, you're the draftsman at an engineer party.

I'm not trying to insult you, but I'm just telling you upfront: Squad screwed up.

In this case, you're the draftsman at an engineer party.

I'm not trying to insult you, but I'm just telling you upfront: Squad screwed up.

Squad did screw up, they should realize the talent they have and what they need.

Also, we're both wrong, you're both a draftsman and engineer, whereas i'm just an engineer.

EDIT: A lazy engineer at that.

Edited by Linear

Of course. A lot of people like those too.

Damn straight we do!

Squad listen up, the masses are speaking.

KSP is my favourite game of all time and building is my passion. Please give us more options Squad

Not just prefabricated looking shiny bits.

We would like the old wing and ailerons back.

Edited by Majorjim

Squad did screw up, they should realize the talent they have and what they need.

Also, we're both wrong, you're both a draftsman and engineer, whereas i'm just an engineer.

Alas, I'm making an ultimatum.

If Squad doesn't bring back those small control surfaces, I'll stop playing KSP, and convince my friends to do the same.

Not that my friends need much convincing, as they feel the same way.

If Squad doesn't bring back those small control surfaces, I'll stop playing KSP, and convince my friends to do the same.

Not that they'll need much convincing, as they feel the same way.

You already paid for the game, and so did they. You were not promised certain parts, only promised a working flight simulation.

Even if your decision to quit the game due to changing a few a parts may seem questionable to some, i hope squad change things, and i'm glad people are passionate.

Now if they'd only get round to those pesky physics changes which make the game actually believable.

Not that my friends need much convincing, as they feel the same way.

Could you set up a poll for this?

I'm on my iPhone and it would be tricky.

Something simple like, 'would you like to see the old wing parts back?'

And maybe a short explanation as to why you think it's a good idea to have them back?

You already paid for the game, and so did they. You were not promised certain parts, only promised a working flight simulation.

Even if your decision to quit the game due to changing a few a parts may seem questionable to some, i hope squad change things, and i'm glad people are passionate.

Now if they'd only get round to those pesky physics changes which make the game actually believable.

I can promise to help damage their bottom line...

... by convincing potential customers to avoid purchasing KSP in the first place. I swear, Squad destroyed one of the best aspects of KSP through their decision.

Could you set up a poll for this?

I'm on my iPhone and it would be tricky.

Something simple like, 'would you like to see the old wing parts back?'

And maybe a short explanation as to why you think it's a good idea to have them back?

Sure. I'll make sure that people can put in their opinions and swing Squad back into reality.

I can promise to help damage their bottom line...

... by convincing potential customers to avoid purchasing KSP in the first place. I swear, Squad destroyed one of the best aspects of KSP through their decision.

Sure. I'll make sure that people can put in their opinions and swing Squad back into reality.

Cool thanks man.

Also, let's keep this an unheated debate, we all feel strongly about this but we should limit our emotional responses in our arguments. :-)

As a KSP player for over three years, I've been thrilled to see the game grow from almost nothing into a beacon of space-exploration promotion.

Unfortunately, with the latest 0.25 update, Squad has decided to remove most of the original aerodynamic parts from the game, including the small control surfaces, and replace them with the unwieldy SP+ parts. These new parts are monotonous, repetitive, and stifle the creativity that has marked the KSP community as something unique from the torrent of linear FPS shooters/RPG's.

The original stock parts allowed us to create thousands of unique craft, made to our individual aesthetic tastes, and to produce works of art. I implore you, the KSP community, to vote on whether or not Squad should re implement these old aerodynamic parts and allow their user base to express ourselves within the stock game.

I'm creating a poll in a new thread.

UPDATE: Actually, the poll won't work. 0_o

Edited by andrew123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.