What would you want in the next update (0.90)?

EvilotionCR2

That nut has been cracked. Check out Dark Multiplayer.

The KSP devs are planning on adding something similar to the game after release.

Well, I don't know if the nut has been cracked as much as shoehorned in, but it's an interesting (and very buggy, I might add) mod. I'm interested to see how it ultimately gets implemented in the game itself, though.

Something not career mode. So:

-Aerodynamics (perhaps with some sort of difficulty spectrum from stock, to NEAR-like, to FAR-like)

-Reentry Damage (difficulty-toggleable)

-Resource Mining, for ISRU, construction and sale

-New Planets

-Colonisation/Base construction and upgrading (on Kerbin and in Space)

-Water Parts

-Weather/Planetary hazards (difficulty-toggleable)

-Clouds and visual goodies

-Camera parts

-Kerbal training and development with records of their achievements, traits and stats. And genders too.

-Speculative technology at the far end of the tech-tree.

-Some sort of soundscape (i.e. radio beeping, creaking, muffling when in space, RCS sounds, radio transmissions, clanking, touchdown sounds)

-IVA detailing (i.e. the buttons do stuff)

-Animations for stuff like taking samples.

-Life support (difficulty-toggleable)

-Kerbal Engineer-esque data readouts.

-Part failure and redundancy concerns (difficulty-toggleable)

-Nuclear engines use appropriate fuel

-First person perspective for kerbals outside of ships (i.e. IVA during EVA)

In short, the do-not suggest list. Sorry Squad, but it gets suggested often enough to be forbidden for a reason.

Edited by PwnedDuck

Honestly, if you have ANY mod making experience, please help Christopher Andrews crank out DMP version 0.16. These are the issues that need solving. https://github.com/godarklight/DarkMultiPlayer/issues/207

All the network communications backbone is in place, and what remains is really just bugfixes and optimizations, though mostly getting permissions, groups and resource sharing is what we need done.

Fix docking - Possibly use lock-system to make sure dockings are deterministic.

Fix a rotation bug, Likely a difference in vessel.terrainNormal.

Fix the vessel altitude positioning bug, Needs vessel.PQSAltitude as the PQSTerrain does not seem to spawn accurately enough for our needs. EDIT: PQS seems to be mostly fine, something strange is going on here...

Profile DMP to see if we can reduce lag. If possible, find an alternative to KillVessel/LoadVessel for vessel part replacements

Fix KillVessel from hanging the tracking station if we kill the selected vessel.

Clicking on a player while in flight should target them, clicking on them in Tracking Station should ask to spectate.

Groups.

Vessel permissions.

Shared career mode (#164).

Fix the EVA-Board hijack (#200)

Fix the Docking to a future vessel bug with a warning first (#161/#120) - And if they dock anyway, Jump to the latest subspace, if the parts are the same, allow a docking. If not, eat it.

Clean up the warp system - Use LockSystem for voting, skip inactive votes, Fix "Kicked for creating subspace" (#67/#68/#71).

IPv6 support (#76)

Plugin documentation.

Secure player tokens server side, which means SHA256 hashing them at bare minimum. We might have to leave the token idea for security completely and go for public/private key pairs.

GUI overhaul

That nut has been cracked. Check out Dark Multiplayer.

The KSP devs are planning on adding something similar to the game after release.

Any relative sync… suffice it to say I would not play that, under any conditions, ever. Time must move the same for everyone, at all times. A master sync.. that could work for a sort of cooperative play, but not for any far-flung stuff.

Time compression is why there is no such thing as a naval game that is multiplayer, and doesn't stink at the same time (that being another interest of mine)

A sort of shared play is possible that would not be bad.

1. Allow kerbals to actually be useful (their skills matter, and they can actually do stuff, by themselves, as AI)

2. Players could subscribe (or have randomly assigned) AI "NPC" ships/missions that are in fact harvested from other players' games.

If the contract cart was placed where it belongs, behind the horse, you would chose a mission (say manned landing on Duna, and sample return), and assign a flight to it. If another player then had your Duna ship dropped into his game, the pilots would try to complete it to the best of their AI ability. Given the possibly stupidity of the crew, they might fail in some way that generates a novel rescue mission that the player could accept...

That sort of thing.

-Aerodynamics

-New Planets

-Colonisation/Base Building (on Kerbin and in Space)

-Water Parts

-Camera parts

-Kerbal training and development with records of their achievements, traits and stats. And genders too.

-Some sort of soundscape (i.e. radio beeping, creaking, muffling when in space, RCS sounds, radio transmissions, clanking, touchdown sounds)

-Life support.

-Engineeresque data readouts.

In short, the do-not suggest list. Sorry Squad, but it gets suggested often enough to be forbidden for a reason.

The crazy-stupid thing about this is a lot of that has been implemented into mods. It's possible, so why not throw it into the game. The only issue with them is that mod-makers cannot make all their mods inter-compatible and it doesn't really fit all too well with KSp, but that's what game devs are for. Felipe, why not just send out emails to Ferram, Majir and whoever made the realistic Kerbin Mod and ask for the rights to sell their content. Honestly, I don't think they'll have too much issue with you making money off their work if it'll make the game better, because that's why they make mods.

Mk3 Remodel. SP+ Has a lot of polygons, mk3 doesn't have many polygons.

MK3 Pod

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/b/bc/Mk3cockpit.png

And MK2 Pod

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/8/8e/Mk2_Cockpit.png

MK3's model has been used since .15 it needs a update.

I think this might be the only suggestion that has a good chance of coming next update.

I think this might be the only suggestion that has a good chance of coming next update.

The new Mk.3 models have a 99% chance of making it into 0.26. I hope they finally get around to making an IVA for the cockpit too.

The new Mk.3 models have a 99% chance of making it into 0.26. I hope they finally get around to making an IVA for the cockpit too.

Internals for the Lab would be nice too... and some surface habitation modules... Man, we need more stuff dedicated to stations and bases.

Building everything out of labs and hitchhikers looks awful.

Hand posing for kerbals in IVA. I hate it how some mods have seats without controls, so their hands are just gripping nothing. Who's with me? And I'm nearly 100% sure that the Mk3 will get an update in 0.26. Oh, I can't wait to use hugo's Mk3 parts. They look so beautiful.

-Aerodynamics

-New Planets

-Colonisation/Base Building (on Kerbin and in Space)

-Water Parts

-Camera parts

-Life support.

-Engineeresque data readouts.

Colonization is already possible. They have explicitly said that they will not include mining for resources until they can find a better way, so a no go on that. Boat parts would be good, but this game is mainly for Aerospace stuff, so I don't think they'll include those ever. Weather, simple life support, and reentry heat would be a good addition. A soundscape like chatterer would be good. Animations for taking samples and looking at data would be pretty awesome too.

Edited by Reichtangle

The shaders are really good, and they can't really add 64-bit support until unity 5 comes out.

Im used to running games like space engineers/battlefield 4/shadow of mordor on ultra/high quality. To some people the shaders of ksp are minecraftish (although there is a glsl shaders mod for minecraft).

Not necessarily in the next update, but definitely someday I would like a Stock first person mode. Not just any first person mode either, but one where I see from inside the helmet. One where maybe it could bring up a HUD type display on the face shield when on EVA with vital info. That would be awesome.

This + Oculus Rift support would be soooo awesome!

For 0.26 there are some plans, from what I read... they want to change mk3 parts, add biomes to every planet and moon and probably add something secret related with destructible buildings, so I doubt it we can get large wishes come true for 0.26 :)

I would want in near future see:

- stock fairings, just for better look, they can work with current aero model adding more drag,

- more capsules like Orion or Dragon, we have now 2.5m for 3 kerbals, would be great to see larger 3.75m capsule,

- more parts and parts sizes between 0.625m and 2.5m, because we have cargo bays (maybe something smaller than 0.625m too, just for kerbals, like super tiny jet engines),

- build-in alarm clock

- changed tech tree in carrier mode... right now it is silly when we have to send kerbal before we can even build probes or when we can get large solar panels or nuclear engine before reactor that could be used for voyager-like-probes, carrier mode tech tree should be similar to real life NASA, ESA etc development paths, we shouldn't be able to build space plane before saturn-like rocket.

- changed tech tree in carrier mode... right now it is silly when we have to send kerbal before we can even build probes or when we can get large solar panels or nuclear engine before reactor that could be used for voyager-like-probes, carrier mode tech tree should be similar to real life NASA, ESA etc development paths, we shouldn't be able to build space plane before saturn-like rocket.

IIRC, just for nitpicking, the Voyagers used RTGs, not nuclear reactors, but I'm not sure if meant rtg. Anyway, starting with probes removes those crazy cartoonish faces at the lower right, so I don't think Squad would go that route.

Colonization is already possible

Not in a way that creates actual buildings (a la KSP) on other planets. Sure, you can build wonky ships that kinda look like buildings, but I'm talking like a bar at the top of the screen when you first load into ksp that lets you switch over to the Laythe Biodome or Munar Waystation or whatever.

Colonization is not just claying various pods on the surface. We need local construction for that (tunneling, or covering him habitat shells with soil, local concrete, etc).
That sort of thing.

They have explicitly said that they will not include mining for resources until they can find a better way, so a no go on that.

I know what they said, and I want them to stop working on career mode and focus on finding a way to make resources "fun" because while career mode fences in what you can and should do, resource mining vastly expands it.

Boat parts would be good, but this game is mainly for Aerospace stuff, so I don't think they'll include those ever.

Not really dedicate boat hulls and whatnot, but some sort of flotation devices for Water landings or basic sea propulsion equipment could open up some interesting missions on Eve and Laythe.

Not really dedicate boat hulls and whatnot, but some sort of flotation devices for Water landings or basic sea propulsion equipment could open up some interesting missions on Eve and Laythe.

There's a thing called air intakes. Great floatation device. HOCGaming is actually sending a boat to eve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.