What would you want in the next update (0.90)?

EvilotionCR2

Very large ships, but that's more of a single-threaded physics problem (which is a Unity 4 problem) more than a squad problem I think

Precisely, but even then, it's 600 parts before lagg is even a little annoying, and my system is by no ends 'a beast'.

Probably because people don't really think about it, there isn't a mod for it. If only i had the time.

There is a mod for that ;) ( or atleast there was until yesterday ... haven't checked 0.25 compatibility yet, but I don't see any reason for it to not work, since it worked in 0.24 ). it is a interesting mod, but it actually is ill suited for the desired multiscreen result :/ This because it actually runs 2 ( or more ) KSP instances ( one for screen ) and synchs them via UDP/TCP ( meaning that the KSP instances might even not be running in the same machine :D ). In terms or resources, it is a big hogger if you just want multiscreen, atleast compared with using the native Unity 4 features that allow it :/

Edited by r_rolo1
UDP/TCP != TCP/IP, duh :D

The multi-monitor support would be very high on my list, however i fear it isn't even on squad's.

If Squad will make a multi monitor support and Mechjeb will work flawlessly on it, I buy second monitor. I would have bought already for photography, if my temporary computer board was not too small, but if it worked on KSP, I would extend my board immediately.

I think it would work in windowed mode already, if Mechjeb's windows were not restricted on the area of main window.

There is a mod for that ;) ( or atleast there was until yesterday ... haven't checked 0.25 compatibility yet, but I don't see any reason for it to not work, since it worked in 0.24 ). it is a interesting mod, but it actually is ill suited for the desired multiscreen result :/ This because it actually runs 2 ( or more ) KSP instances ( one for screen ) and synchs them via TCP/IP ( meaning that the KSP instances might even not be running in the same machine :D ). In terms or resources, it is a big hogger if you just want multiscreen, atleast compared with using the native Unity 4 features that allow it :/

Ingenious, the guy who made that did well.

But in terms of what i was thinking, map mode multi-screen was only one feature of many which could be fantastically useful.

The two things I'd like most of all are kerbal experience (we get to see where the kerbals have been, and how experienced they are in your space program, basically stock Final Frontier), and revised MK1 & 3 spaceplane parts. The MK2 set by Porkjet are absolutely beautiful, but now the other two sizes look a lot worse next to them. While Hugo did do good work on the MK1 cockpit and fuselage sections, in my opinion a bit more work should be done to bring them up to Spaceplane Plus levels of polish. As for the MK3 parts, they need a total redesign. Ideally, they should have cargo bays, and be thickened somewhat so that 2.5m parts can fit within. That will finally start making stock space shuttles useful. (the cargo bays we have now are quite nice, but too small to build something like a space station)

A 'one-day' feature for me (I'm not expecting it in 0.26) is Enhanced IVAs, wherein you can actually move your kerbal around inside the spacecraft. Now that we can transfer kerbals between parts internally, it looks like we've taken a step towards that...

Ingenious, the guy who made that did well.

But in terms of what i was thinking, map mode multi-screen was only one feature of many which could be fantastically useful.

Well, technically if you just want to push your screen out, you can use Unity commands to do so ( see here .... just add -popupwindow ( to get borderless window mode) to -screen-width and -screen-height ( to extend the window ) ). While that is enough if you have screens with the same available resolution, it does not work that well if one or more of your screens can't run the same resolution as the others ( like it happens a lot when you pair up a laptop and a HD TV ). I would like something more robust that could deal with those cases, like the mod above does ...

Edited by r_rolo1
Clarification

my wish list , (in order of preference)

-stable x64 version

-built-in resource system and economy

-built-in life support (not requiring mods)

-built-in re-entry heat (not requiring mods)

i understand and respect that modders have made awesome mods and many feel that the devs shouldnt waste time developing things can exist with mods, BUT when it is built in - it is supported and maintained...

BTW I was seeing my shopping list two pages ago and noticed that there was a missing item:

- More Solid boosters. Especially since the contracts introduction, the variety of SRBs is sorely small, atleast compared with the LFOs. There is surely a lack of 0.625 m and 2,5 m SRBs ( some even would argue that there should atleast one 3,75 m SRB ). They are also limited in the range of propulsive power range ( atleast in lower spectrum ... there clearly a hole between the RT-10 and the separatron )...

I'd like to see kerbal experience and kerbal differentiation in the new patch. That's something I think we're still allowed to talk about.

I assume that is because it is one of those features that everyone would be happy to have, but that is not actively requested as much as that...

Oh, there's lots of features that are very high on players' lists and don't get actively requested because SQUAD and their mods don't allow discussion of those features/topics.

edit: or more long-term, just print this out and nail it to Squad's door: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90612-0-25-Discussion-thread?p=1376039&viewfull=1#post1376039

god I read that and destroyed my face smashing it against a door. :rolleyes:

to each their own I guess. I just feel that just because he wants to play orbiter on hard mode doesn't mean he has to thrust it upon everyone else. The game is supposed to be hard, not necessarily NASA in real life. While I wouldn't mind some of those things eventually being added in as difficulty settings (which is what I see he suggests as well), I don't think many, if any, of those are pressing matters. The game is supposed to be "educational" but one has to ask in what way. I don't think Squad ever intended the game to actually teach people to be actual rocket scientists, which is what it seems like the entire post is premised upon.

One of the few things he suggests that I would agree with would be to make the tech tree easier to edit.

Move Minmus to Dres, and put Mun in Minmus's orbit. While under the hood tweaks are normal unimpressive to the general public they should be a priority, it could address a lot of problems with 64x that are in need of fixing. Easy customizable techtree's, the part order seems illogical to me.

The reason for moving Minmus to Dres, or any planet minus a moon, is that would extend the area where there are biomes beyond Kerbin, and maybe make Dres a more appealing planet since if you want to see Minmus and its science you would have to go there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.