What would you want in the next update (0.90)?

EvilotionCR2

I also wouldn't mind some sort of heat shield adding system, I still think having bare underside on the space plane parts looks weird.

Agreed, I loved the black tiling on the original SP+ parts. I do like that they are now symmetrical, but to me black thermal tiles are very representative of a spaceplane.

I'd like to see more EVA attention at some point.

-Things like being able to go to the top of a ladder and then making that 90 degree transition to the top of a roof or part.

-A cure for "sea sickness" when walking on elevated parts.

-A camera view option for first person view while on EVA.

-A lot more science in EVA.

-I'd liked to see those animations they where working on for Kerbals doing science while on EVA too.

What I would want:

*Female kerbals

*More interactive IVAs; i.e. capability to move around as a kerbal in IVA

*New Mk3 parts from hugo, with cargo bay, LF+OX segment, Adapters to 1.25 and 2.5m, and mk2, and a crew cabitn for 6 kerbals

*Optimized compressed textures for less RAM usage

*Possibly GP2

*RPM made default in some command pods

*Real life inspired class gauges for cockpits, including PFD, MFD, and EFIS

*Optional simple life support

*GPS mapping

*Optimized science

*More science parts

*Lab IVA

*Weather?

*A second KSC?

*Optimized EVA; i.e. fixing broken parts, adding new parts like solar panels

*Procedurally generated cities, with varying density of population

*Roads

*AI cars and boats

*Multiplayer?

*BETTER AERODYNAMICS(Going to at least partially updated in .26 with cargo bays)

Edited by Reichtangle
Forgot aerodynamics

What do I want for 0.26? A new machine to play KSP on. Went from being able to build 500+ part bases at a good FPS to not being able to launch a 5 part ship at a decent rate. Guess that puts me in the "more optimizations, please" camp.

Knew it would happen eventually though, so I'm not too bent about it.

I'd like to see more EVA attention at some point.

-Things like being able to go to the top of a ladder and then making that 90 degree transition to the top of a roof or part.

-A cure for "sea sickness" when walking on elevated parts.

-A camera view option for first person view while on EVA.

-A lot more science in EVA.

-I'd liked to see those animations they where working on for Kerbals doing science while on EVA too.

Kerbals should also move with the parts underneath them. I want to make a huge rover or plane with an interior and be able to walk around in it while the craft is moving.

Edited by Rthsom

Better Aerodynamics, Better Aerodynamics, and Better Aerodynamics.

Really that's all I feel that KSP is missing.

Also an overhaul of the science system to make it less of a clickfest, but Aerodynamics takes precedence.

And also another planet or two would be nice, but that doesn't really matter at all.

What I would want:

*Female kerbals

*More interactive IVAs; i.e. capability to move around as a kerbal in IVA

*New Mk3 parts from hugo, with cargo bay, LF+OX segment, Adapters to 1.25 and 2.5m, and mk2, and a crew cabitn for 6 kerbals

*Optimized compressed textures for less RAM usage

*Possibly GP2

*RPM made default in some command pods

*Real life inspired class gauges for cockpits, including PFD, MFD, and EFIS

*Optional simple life support

*GPS mapping

*Optimized science

*More science parts

*Lab IVA

*Weather?

*A second KSC?

*Optimized EVA; i.e. fixing broken parts, adding new parts like solar panels

*Procedurally generated cities, with varying density of population

*Roads

*AI cars and boats

*Multiplayer?

*BETTER AERODYNAMICS(Going to at least partially updated in .26 with cargo bays)

Sounds like a lot to do for 0.26

I want to focus on knocking off some of the things that have been on the 'coming soon' list for years. Give us parts damage instead of parts just being in two operative states, 100% functional or exploded to smithereens. And where's our stock reentry heat? I'm tired of getting features nobody asked for and nobody's waiting on.

Karbonite to serve as a simplified optional resource system. Moar Science.

I find this funny: you say 'more science', probably because the current science system is atrociously oversimplified, boring, completely uninteresting and almost totally void of any meaningful user interaction.

But first, you ask for them to give the resources system the same treatment that science got: "Simplified". I'd rather have no resources than another Squad-patented disappointing dumbed-down-for-five-year-olds treatment of a long-awaited feature, especially since resources is supposed to be 'endgame' material.

And Boosters.

omg so funny lol

- Reentry heating and shields, because it's simply not right to end your Jool mission by jumping from interplanetary space into your chair in front of the VAB without consequences.

- More realistic parachute action, because the current ones can be freely replaced with the ground stopping you. There's no difference. Neck snapping action should stop.

- Resolving ancient issues with planetary bodies.

- A skybox with a lot more quality. This one is appaling, low quality and not spacey.

- Distinctive one component fuel for LV-N.

Edited by lajoswinkler

- Kerbal skillpoints/records/specialization

- the ability to name Kerbals, and perhaps tying them into Career mode better (it costs $ to hire more?)

- better aerodynamics (something like NEAR)

- Mk2-2.5m adaptor

- biomes for all planets/moons (already confirmed, yay!)

Stock life support and deadly re-entry would be awesome, but I don't think those are needed quite yet.

do you reckon they'll make female kerbals toggle able?

(if they're anything like the ones in texture replacer, it would really suck)

While I agree that the stick-some-makeup-on-it approach would be pretty rubbish, I don't think it would make sense to have a toggle. They just need to do a good job of the model. Ideally, based of the many sketches that have been floating around.

And more reason to go visit other planets/moons aside from science.

I don't thing we need another reason to go per say, but stuff do do there. Simple reasons have been given- boosting science, rep, and completing contract jobs. But these are mostly over in a few clicks. Some sort of exploration mechanism, or more detailed science type stuff would be nice, but I don't see that coming in the next update. Though it would of course, be nice.

If a genie were to grant me 3 wishes, they would be:

1:Enhanced visuals/shaders, as i barely use any of my gpu. The minumum system specs would be the same, but add the ability for bloom, hbao, light shafts, ect.

This would come with an updated visuals pannel, instead of "Fast, Good, Fancy, Fantastic" -High priority

2:Better 64-bit support, to add hd textures & mods.

3: More genies

@Reichtangle, im pretty sure, despite cargo bays, the current aerodynamics model would still cause items inside to produce drag. Simply making objects inside cargo bays dragless would be a poor solution.

@Everyone. I'd recommend ideas that AREN'T Covered by mods.

Edited by TheFireRodan

An ability to assign custom resolutions from within the game itself. I know, it sounds trivial compared to a lot of things, but I hate having to exit KSP and reassign my resolution value because changing sound or keybindings suddenly sets me back to 1024x768. I tend to run with 1660x1000 (fits perfectly in a 1680x1050 screen, which means it centers perfectly in my setup). I'd run with 1680x1050, if it wasn't for the fact that I run a spare screen beneath everything, and by being "larger" than the monitor, it centers between top and bottom, quickly becoming a nuisance.

That, and I'd like to see an IVA for the "Inline MK1" that can actually be flown from. The MK1 Standard works okay enough, but I'd like to not have to keep carrying over the same mod I've been using since 0.18 to see out of it.

One more here to the list of people who'd like to see Kerbals be something other than celebrity ballast.

So would like to see the next update take steps towards...

- Kerbal Experience

- Crew Tasks

- Crew Specializations

Crew should be both air and base crew.

But thinking will happen after they done the building progression 0.25 seems to be setting up for.

Which would be good.

If a genie were to grant me 3 wishes, they would be:

1:Enhanced visuals/shaders, as i barely use any of my gpu. The minumum system specs would be the same, but add the ability for bloom, hbao, light shafts, ect.

This would come with an updated visuals pannel, instead of "Fast, Good, Fancy, Fantastic" -High priority

2:Better 64-bit support, to add hd textures & mods.

The shaders are really good, and they can't really add 64-bit support until unity 5 comes out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.