[0.25] [x] Science! v4.0 (2014-10-24) [Old thread]

Bodrick

Sorry but does the "collect anomalous Data"from the BTDT scanner from Dmagic orbital science or scansats BTDT experiments should appear in this archive? im not finding it.

thanks for fixing the bugs on V3.0

and implementing the search filter ;)

Edited by frango9000

v4.0 is out!

Now with blizzy's toolbar support!

NNbGnoq.png

e477Gts.png

Settings will now be persisted across game sessions as well. The save file can be found in GameData/[x] Science!/settings.cfg.

Changelog (just a little update this time... ;) ) :

---

• Added support for blizzy's toolbar - find the toggle in the settings menu if you've got it installed.
  • Changes to the settings are now saved across games.

Enjoy :)

Yeah, I've considered adding that before - I might replace the "current vessel" filter with that. (I'm not convinced that the current vessel filter is that useful - does anyone actually use it?)

I'll try and get it into the next version :)

Yeah, I've considered adding that before - I might replace the "current vessel" filter with that. (I'm not convinced that the current vessel filter is that useful - does anyone actually use it?)

I'll try and get it into the next version :)

I used to use it, but since I also use ScienceAlert (because of the SCANSAT integration), I don't use the "current vessel" filter anymore.

performance is much better. good work :)

I'm not convinced that the current vessel filter is that useful - does anyone actually use it?

oh yeah, I do. It's very usefull for vessels with a lot of experiments.

Edited by acc

I love this mod, very useful with BTSM!

However I have two small requests:

- could you please add a close button on the window?

- could you make the window position to be saved?

Sounds good - I'll put that in the next version.

This is a good mod! One small comment - any time I run an experiment, the game pauses for a second or two while it appears to be updating the science window. Any way to improve the performance of the science querying? Maybe an in-memory cache or something? Is it iterating over all experiments every time there's an update?

Excellent work so far. A small request. Can we have totals at the bottom? Ideally just showing what the current filter restricts the list to. Also, a total of what the totals would be at 100% of the science for that item.

I have this mod installed, and it works like a champ for me.

• 3 weeks later...

[edited] :)

thank you very much for this very useful plugin. it fits perfectly with BTSM mod

i have a suggestion, instead of displaying the current biome, under the list of biomes, just highlight it on the list

and i was thinking of a HUD-like display (Kerbal Engineer Redux must have inspired me), that would show a single line of the current biome (just text, no window), and when it matches with an experiment (depending on science equipment onboard), that line would be highlighten and the name of scientific equipment appended

ie:

Space near Mun Southwest Crater [Temperature] [Mystery Goo] [Gravioli]

Edited by kikill
yes i am

• 3 weeks later...
This is a good mod! One small comment - any time I run an experiment, the game pauses for a second or two while it appears to be updating the science window. Any way to improve the performance of the science querying? Maybe an in-memory cache or something? Is it iterating over all experiments every time there's an update?

I'm also getting this effect - kind of annoying. Everything grinds to a halt for about 1-1.5 seconds every time you hit store/transmit on an experiment. Sad times! :(

EDIT: I take it back, it actually happens every time anything science-related happens: even going on EVA (presumably in a place where an EVA report or surface sample might be possible). Experiment finishes? Big pause. Take data from something like the barometer? Big pause. Sigh =(

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I think the problem lies at :

var biomes = bodies.ToDictionary(x => x, x => x.BiomeMap.Attributes.Select(y => y.name).ToArray());

In ExperimentFilter.cs as the exeption in the ksp debug log [Exeption] MissingFieldExeption: Field' .CelestialBody.BiomeMap' not found.

I have no idea why it should not work.

I think the problem lies at :

var biomes = bodies.ToDictionary(x => x, x => x.BiomeMap.Attributes.Select(y => y.name).ToArray());

In ExperimentFilter.cs as the exeption in the ksp debug log [Exeption] MissingFieldExeption: Field' .CelestialBody.BiomeMap' not found.

I have no idea why it should not work.

Squad changed some of the stuff around biome maps in 0.90, Bodrick will have to fix that bit to get it working in 0.90 again.

It seems that I have it working altough my implementation is a bit of a hack as I do not really know what I am doing as it is the first time I have done anything with KSP and I have not programmed in over ten years. Added a option in the setting to only show know biomes but that is not working at the moment.

Does the license permit someone to make a quick variant/fix in the mean-time? We couldn't certainly contribute to the beer fund to encourage attention by Bodrick. ;)

From the first post:

License

[x] Science! is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

TL;DR: As long as you say who started this (Bodrick), don't sell the mod or any derived works (IANAL, ask one), and use the same license, you can modify this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.