[WIP] Advanced Mining Technologies

RoverDude

just an idea for this: drill durability

as everything breaks down in time, especially if that thing is mechanical or does a high power stuff; the excavator and laser drill should also get some life expectancy (or was that drill life you wrote first?)

..if yes, then how about drill cycles? setting up a cycle to run in the next xx minutes/hours/days/etc then shut down

and how about automated drills? more/less effective than manned.. er, I mean Kerballed drills, but as a trade off to either be lighter/heavier in mass, or work faster/slower, use less/more energy... just to balance things out...

• 2 years later...

am I correct in my assumption this one is not ready for 1.3?  I went to GitHub and downloaded all the mods there, but his one seems to kill 1.3.   not sure if it is due to not compatible yet or a conflict in another mod however.

48 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

am I correct in my assumption this one is not ready for 1.3?  I went to GitHub and downloaded all the mods there, but his one seems to kill 1.3.   not sure if it is due to not compatible yet or a conflict in another mod however.

check the dates of the post before yours you will see whats wrong:cool:

3 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Whatever this thread was about has likely become STOCK KSP since Squad became part of Roverdude's empire a couple years ago. Did you mean to post about Asteroid Recycling Technologies (ART)? That mod is 1.3 compatible and loads fine for me. 

Stick to the USI mods in this list that are explicitly listed as 1.3 compatible:

http://umbraspaceindustries.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.