"Jeb is dead" mod

Las-pen

I'm so sick of Jeb. That overrated son of a b...each sticks his face everywhere.

Here's what I want: a mod that would remove every mention of Jebediah Kerman from the game and maybe replace them with something more generic.

No more "Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard & Spaceship parts co". Instead we'd have "[insert any other name here] Kerman's Junkyard & Spaceship parts co".

No more Jebediah Kerman himself... or at least make him like any other kerbal by removing the BadS-tag.

Why would you hate him? He's one of the first kerbalnauts in the space program, and plus he's one of the baddest of the three.

If you really want to remove his assets, setup a ModuleManager config yourself to replace his company name with other stuff.

To remove him from your space program, change his name through your persistance file.

Don't worry, an MM config is super easy to setup.

I, too, can't stand mention of the original three. Check my sig for a way to deal with one of your issues. As for everything else, an MM config can change part manufacturers and descriptions, but I don't know if it can excise certain words.

Why would you hate him?

Well mostly because of the community. He's so overrated and mentioned everywhere. Look at some of the mods

-MechJeb

-PuntJeb

-Holiday Jeb

-Kerbinsides has Jeb's Island retreat

-Some mod I used years ago mentioned Jeb in every part description. Something like: "This part is Jeb proof" (Wonder if it was Interstellar or some old colonization mod)

Just for an example.

Edited by Las-pen

Well mostly because of the community. He's so overrated and mentioned everywhere. Look at some of the mods

-MechJeb

-PuntJeb

-Holiday Jeb

-Kerbinsides has Jeb's Island retreat

-Some mod I used years ago mentioned Jeb in every part description. Something like: "This part is Jeb proof" (Wonder if it was Interstellar or some old colonization mod)

Just for an example.

What are you expecting? He's the games mascot! Asking to remove him, is like asking to remove Mario from the Mario games! I don't understand your hate for him :huh:.

I do think Jeb as being someone who can be identified as the hero of the program, like Armstrong, but Bob and Bill get credit in my eyes too.

In my eyes, Bill is the smartest of the three, the worst pilot, but is usually my scientific commander.

Bob is the strongest, the head engineer on my missions mostly, he was originally in the Military, so he's the most skilled at piloting aeroplanes, he lacks in smarts and the spacecraft pilot department, but he's not an idiot either,

Jeb falls somewhere in between, with a spice of BadS-ery, nearly nothing phases him, he's overall the best in the field of spacecraft piloting and the most likely one to be noticed from a mission.

I do like the other two, and as much as I love Jeb, I agree with lajoswinkler and think that the other two should get a bit more mention than they do.

Just plop him into a rocket and send him to the Island Airfield with some Sepratrons to play around with. Now we know how the place got destroyed, I guess.

And yeah, Bill and Bob don't get much respect. The way I see it, Jeb is the one who pilots big space exploration missions. Bill flies atmospheric planes, and Bob is the scientist who usually stays in the co-pilot seat. I kind of like Bob, though.

If you hate Mario, it is probably reasonable that you would hate Jeb as well.

Personally, I like how characters have evolved from simple bobble headed faces in screens who have slight variations in what face they make when. But I also like to have my own kerbal characters.

Bob is the strongest, the head engineer on my missions mostly, he was originally in the Military, so he's the most skilled at piloting aeroplanes, he lacks in smarts and the spacecraft pilot department, but he's not an idiot either,

That's interesting. Most observe Bob to be the most screamy, (if that's a word it's a word now). How does this play a role in your characterisation of him?

And yeah, Bill and Bob don't get much respect. The way I see it, Jeb is the one who pilots big space exploration missions. Bill flies atmospheric planes, and Bob is the scientist who usually stays in the co-pilot seat. I kind of like Bob, though.

This is more how I see them, but I like to think of Bill as more an engineer type. He's a lot less worried than Bob as he better knows what's going on, but not as wildly enthusiastic as thrillmaster pilot Jeb.

Just plop him into a rocket and send him to the Island Airfield with some Sepratrons to play around with. Now we know how the place got destroyed, I guess.

I already did that, but he still remains as a ghost in statics.

My strategy to get rid of the original three just involves picking a planet and giving them a nice orbit. In my sandbox save, the three of them are lazily orbiting Jool in the three-kerbal command pod. I figured it was more appropriate to send them away on exile rather than killing them. Sure, stuff is still named after Jeb, but he, and his two best buddies in the orange suits, are enjoying a polar orbit around Jool.

:( I frown on you.

Jeb is a god to Kerbal Space Program and as many have said- He's the game's mascot. If you have an issue with 'em you can remove the mentions easily. We don't need to see this rage here. Shoot him into interstellar space- then go and change some files. Done.

If you've got that big of an issue with "star" characters. Then how else do you expect people to market things- I say "things" because this is applicable to just about everything. Cereals, Books, Movies, TV Shows, Food Products, Online services... I could go on forever.

I request a mod close this. Problem solved in my opinion AND this is not a mod request. This is a rant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.