have no idea how to get started with .25 career...help please.

when i start game in career .25, there are no contracts, just 25k money...how do you make more money please...and there arent any clues as to gaining science...just dont understand what to do any more.

please help

thank you

sam

In 0.25, the career game is essentially the same as it was in 0.24.2 so if you could do that, you can do 0.25. The only real visible gameplay change is the addition of the Admin building to KSC, where you can choose to convert some amount of rep, science, or money to one of the other currencies.

Otherwise, there are the difficulty options you only see on the pop-up where you create a new game, name it, pick your flag, etc. Fiddling with these options alters how much science, cash, and rep you get compared to the default values, plus you can handicap yourself by disallowing reverts, quicksaves, etc. But once these options are set, you're stuck with them. They just define the rules of the game, not how you play the game. That's still the same as before, only with the addition of the Admin building.

If you're not seeing any contracts at the start of the game, you can do several things. Trash that game and start another, making sure you actually selected career and not science. The science game is the same as 0.23.5, where there's only science, no money or contracts. If you're sure you've got a full career game, then you can time warp briefly at the main KSC screen and then check Mission Control again. Usually the initial 4 contracts will have appeared by then (sometimes it takes them a bit to get going).

I also hear a lack of contracts is sometimes a problem with 1 or more of the non-Windows operating systems, but there seems to be a workaround for that. I'm just not familiar with it because I have Windows.

arhh, so its a fault...yes i have mods installed, but all are .25 updated...ok, well its a steam version, so i'll run the file varification thingy and see if some are missing.

you have been most kind, thank you.

sam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.