The best difficulty setting (to make game fun to play but not to make too easy)

That will obviously vary by person. I personally have been using a 40% science and Fund reduction and a 60% reputation reduction.

This has been a fun balance for me. But some people do not like to work hard to collect all the science. People just like different things. Soon, I want to restart my career again and reduce funds even further so that I am forced to make really efficient designs.

Agreed, it depends on the person. One option is to wreck all non essential buildings at the KSC using the whack-a-kerbal from the debug console at the start - and maybe do it with lower funds already. So you destroy the runway, the SPH, the tracking center and the astronaut complex, leaving you only with the VAB, the launchpad, the R&D building and the contracts and strategies. You need more astronauts than Jeb, Bill and Bob? You either rescue them from orbit or you pay to (re)build the astronaut complex. You want to track spaceships? Well, that tracking center won't (re)create itself. Want to launch spaceplanes? The SPH costs something like 1,000,000 funds

Agreed, it depends on the person. One option is to wreck all non essential buildings at the KSC using the whack-a-kerbal from the debug console at the start - and maybe do it with lower funds already. So you destroy the runway, the SPH, the tracking center and the astronaut complex, leaving you only with the VAB, the launchpad, the R&D building and the contracts and strategies. You need more astronauts than Jeb, Bill and Bob? You either rescue them from orbit or you pay to (re)build the astronaut complex. You want to track spaceships? Well, that tracking center won't (re)create itself. Want to launch spaceplanes? The SPH costs something like 1,000,000 funds

Or unlock all the spaceplane parts and play with planes only.

I find Moderate is working nicely for me. Progress is just right smack in the Goldielocks zone. Not too fast, not too slow. At least for my taste - others might disagree.

It still allows for quicksave/quickload in case the Kraken attacks - and reverts for launches if you have a brainfart and forgot something important after engaging that first stage.

I started two new games. One career on the hard settings and a sandbox. So far I think it is pretty fun to play with those limitations. It actually turns KSP into a game, although I still miss a lot a features to call it a good game. It needs balancing in the new admin building and it would be nice to get a statistics building where you can monitor overall costs, past flight records, see graphs, crew status etc. The more data collected the better, imho.

Sandbox is still golden :) Although it would be nice to open the science department just for the sake of keeping track of your experiments.

Yeah, I am a guy who likes to keep track of things :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.