Control Surfaces Not Responding.

KSP: 0.25 Windows 64bit

Problem: None of the control surfaces are working.

Mods installed:

NEAR Aerodynamics 1.2.1

Universal Storage 0.9.1

Karbonite 0.4.2

KAS 0.4.9

DMagic Orbital science 0.8.6

Whenever I place a control surface such as a canard or elevon on a rocket or plane, it does nothing. The SAS still works, and I can see the pitch and yaw indicators moving.

Do the control surfaces have any effect in flight? ie: is the animation of them moving perhaps broken, but they're still providing roll/pitch/yaw authority in flight?

If it were me, I'd try removing NEAR and reloading the game to determine if the problem is stemming from that.

I have this exact same problem, and I have been trying to find someone else with the same issue. I do not use NEAR, I use Ferram. I have tried uninstalling it and it still doesnt work. In fact I have no mods in common with Lord_Potato, but I do use the latest version of KSP x64. All the mods I use are compatible with 0.25, I do get my firespitter plugin flagged, but it has always gotten flagged. It can't be the aerodynamics mods though since both of us run separate ones and experience the same issue. It isnt a parts mod because it is happening with all control surfaces not just modded ones. I am running out of ideas though and I have verified through steam that all KSP files are present.

EDIT: I actually unistalled B9 Aerospace not Ferram, upon uninstalling Ferram control surfaces worked again. I did not konw that Ferram was not compatible with x64 KSP

Edited by ghost8403
accidental fib lol

Sorry I misinformed you I tried removing B9 Aerospace not Ferram. After removing Ferram my control surfaces worked again though I do not know why just yet. Ferram has always been a mod I considered a must have so its very disappointing that even its newest update is not compatible with .25

I'm actually having this problem with NEAR using ksp x32. Going to try un-installing NEAR to see if that fixes it.

Edit:

Can confirm, removing NEAR fixes it. Going to post in the mod's thread regarding the issue.

Edited by Yalin Hawk

Got same problem. Control surfaces are not working. In fact, none of aerodynamic parts is working - no lift from wings, capsule doesn't want to descent properly etc. I'm running x32 version of KSP, with FAR and without B9

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.