Does the KSC need more life?

glen.mack

Does the KSC need more life?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Does the KSC need more life?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

I'm not so sure about vehicles and kerbals walking around, but I would like to see the facility grow and change as your program progresses based on the choices you make.

Yellow construction vehicles at the outskirts of KSC if you destroy your buildings a few too many times. A science facility that expands as your research progresses. A series of prototype probes parked outside the VAB after you unlock them. Maybe your radar could grow larger the further you flew from Kerbin, or instead an observatory with a telescope that grows. A "boneyard" of rocket parts if you exceed to many crashed. A large crater in the distance if you land a meteor near KSC. Dare I suggest that if you kill a few too many kerbals a graveyard spring up somewhere.

Kerbin as a whole needs more life.

While mods like EVE go a long way to create the illusion that civilisation exists outside the KSC, it's still just smoke & mirrors. Lack's KSC++ helps liven up the launch facility but the rest of the planet is a dead world.

anytime you are testing or launching no one should be outside. its a saftey thing.

I don't know what game you are playing, but Kerbals would jump at a chance to get first row seats to watch explosions

It's a good idea, but I think processor power is better spent on physics.

Nah, physics can only use a single processor core. Other tasks can still be put on different cores, it's just that physics itself can't be split

Plot twist conspiracy theory: The Kerbals are actually aliens who crash-landed on a post-apocalyptic Earth and named it Kerbin. Their only base is the KSC, which is being used to launch exploratory missions to the other planets. The life support and living quarters are in the R&D and Astronaut Complex, as well as some underground stuff.

there are so many problems with what I just said

The "life" I want to see takes a few forms, and frankly none of them are at the KSC.

1. I want kerbal astronauts to have some autonomy. If you leave them on a planet, perhaps barring an "order" to have them stay put (right click, like other capsule options) they would EVA, do some science, look like they are maintaining things, etc.

2. We get verbal rescue missions… this implies a rival space program. If they are losing astronauts, I expect to see their spacecraft if I bother. I want a sign of that activity. I have some suggestions about that here.

Kerbin needs more life, not just KSC. Here we have a small society of kerbals whose biggest achievement isn't launching spaceships, it's getting to the point of having a space program without ever having:

Cities

Globalization

Farms

Highway Infrastructure

Airplanes

Religion..

You name it from Earth's history or current industry, and they never had it. They magically got plopped down on a greenish planet with a space center and have no other purpose in life other than to go to space. Kerbin needs to be filled! Give them history, give them cities. I need to go download the kerbin city mod. Make it so that they had to engineer the space program and not that it just popped up out of nowhere.

Kerbin needs more life, not just KSC. Here we have a small society of kerbals whose biggest achievement isn't launching spaceships, it's getting to the point of having a space program without ever having:

Cities

Globalization

Farms

Highway Infrastructure

Airplanes

Religion..

You name it from Earth's history or current industry, and they never had it. They magically got plopped down on a greenish planet with a space center and have no other purpose in life other than to go to space. Kerbin needs to be filled! Give them history, give them cities. I need to go download the kerbin city mod. Make it so that they had to engineer the space program and not that it just popped up out of nowhere.

I don't think anyone's expecting Squad to introduce Kerbal religion and what not, but yeah, for such a large system it's entirely and completely dead. The only real differences between planets right now, including Kerbin, is their colour and difficulty to encounter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.