[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

I'll probably stick with planetshine for a while. Partly because of the mod settings menu thingy in game (whatever it's called) is both user friendly and useful. Also because this such a lovely little mod that makes KSP so much nicer in a subtle but noticeable way. Mad props to the dev, seriously.

Edited by Zombienoms
Nvm fixed it

First off this is a great mod, been using it for awhile now, so thanks for all the work. But I'm wondering a bit, there has been no word in this thread from the maintainer in over a month it seems, so I'm just curious if this mod is still alive? 

Also just want to report It appears to not be working anymore for me in 1.13. It seems this update was more than expected and has caused a few issues with several mods. Neither the enhanced darkness of the vacuum of space or the planet shine part seem to work, nor do the sliders do anything. Has anyone else had better luck?

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, eberkain said:

Seems to work fine for me in 1.1.3, other than imgur literally just changed there service and I don't see a way to get a direct link to an image anymore. http://imgur.com/a/R55UT

well that's weird, it doesn't for me, and I don't have reflections on helmets too. and kerbonauts, while in eva, are acting weirdly with their mouth, but I don't think that this is linked to planetshine :/

1 minute ago, Tomato29 said:

well that's weird, it doesn't for me, and I don't have reflections on helmets too. and kerbonauts, while in eva, are acting weirdly with their mouth, but I don't think that this is linked to planetshine :/

If you go to the link in my sig I have a detailed mod list that might help narrow down the list for you. 

2 minutes ago, eberkain said:

If you go to the link in my sig I have a detailed mod list that might help narrow down the list for you. 

yeah.. I got a looot of mods personally, I wouldn't be able to tell which one is causing that mouth wobble.. I'll play with that, until I get a solution

Solution: Empty the PlanetShine.version  file and copy this in:

{{"NAME":"PlanetShine"},{"URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/valerian/ksp-planetshine/master/PlanetShine.version"},
    {"DOWNLOAD":"http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/224876-planetshine"},
    {"GITHUB":{"USERNAME":"valerian","REPOSITORY":"ksp-planetshine","ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false}},
    {"VERSION":{"MAJOR":0,"MINOR":2,"PATCH":5,"BUILD":0}},
    {"KSP_VERSION":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":1,"PATCH":3}},
    {"KSP_VERSION_MIN":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":1,"PATCH":3}},
    {"KSP_VERSION_MAX":{"MAJOR":1,"MINOR":1,"PATCH":99}}} 

Seems to be an underlying theme with some updates and these files needing to be modified in 1.1.3. Thanx to the person that had this same fix for toolbar. I just used the same idea and made the necessary adjustments.

On 25/07/2016 at 5:51 PM, CrazedKamiKaze said:

{{"NAME":"PlanetShine"},{"URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/valerian/ksp-planetshine/master/PlanetShine.version"},
    {"GITHUB":{"USERNAME":"valerian","REPOSITORY":"ksp-planetshine","ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false}},

Seems to be an underlying theme with some updates and these files needing to be modified in 1.1.3. Thanx to the person that had this same fix for toolbar. I just used the same idea and made the necessary adjustments.

How do you edit the .version file mate? I cant do it and cant find a program to open it.

48 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

How do you edit the .version file mate? I cant do it and cant find a program to open it.

A text editor like notepad++ or just notepad should work to open it with.

Excuse me, guys!

I use version 0.2.5 with 1.1.3 and it works just fine (apart from AVC's warning, that is). But I'd like to know about version 0.5, is it 1.1.3 compatible?

Edited by jlcarneiro

On 25/07/2016 at 6:51 PM, CrazedKamiKaze said:

Nice solution !! Worked for me. TY

• 1 month later...

Hi there, sorry for the lack of updates, here are some good news:

• Just released PlanetShine 2.5.1 for KSP 1.2 (nothing new, I just made it compatible)
  • Fixed the problems with the annoying "unsupported KSP version, please use 1.1" message from MiniAVC, both for PlanetShine 2.5 and 2.5.1

8 hours ago, Valerian said:

Hi there, sorry for the lack of updates, here are some good news:

• Just released PlanetShine 2.5.1 for KSP 1.2 (nothing new, I just made it compatible)
  • Fixed the problems with the annoying "unsupported KSP version, please use 1.1" message from MiniAVC, both for PlanetShine 2.5 and 2.5.1

Yay! Thank you Valerian!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fictitious1267 said:

Same here. It's giving the null ref: "Exception: MissingFieldException: Field '-MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found," while on the runway. Ver. 1564. Apparently, this is a stock issue. Sorry.

No you were right, the issue is actually that, apparently "MapView.MapIsEnabled" doesn't work anymore in this version for some reason ...

I'm currently trying to find a workaround.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.