[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

31 minutes ago, Valerian said:

Yes for the moment it's only on Curse, I will put on Spacedock later.

I only use GitHub to release the experimental zip.

That's very strange, it's very unlikely, can you look at the logs and search for any error related to PlanetShine?

Sure - just off to work now but will check later 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZedMC said:

Is this mod supports just released 1.1 ? Or only 1.1 pre-release version?

It was for 1.1 pre-release but it should work fine with 1.1, since I only had to make very minor changes from 1.0.5 only to adapt to Unity 5

Edited by Valerian

4 minutes ago, cortina said:

A suggestion, mods that are known to conflict with this one should be listed on ckan as incompatible. Could save some people some trouble.

well at this point using CKAN is not soo good idea, when sooooo many mod get updated, or it can recive periodic update, or get quick fix, best is to check original treath & do not take me wrong i like CKAN to special when i am lazy & want to find something quick

49 minutes ago, cortina said:

A suggestion, mods that are known to conflict with this one should be listed on ckan as incompatible. Could save some people some trouble.

What mods don't work with this?  Besides some planet packs. 

Just now, Valerian said:

I got a bug report on github about the planetshine icon in the toolbar turning into a white square, does anyone have the same issue?

Yes it's missing.  Just download the old version and put the missing file into the planet shine folder

8 hours ago, Valerian said:

I got a bug report on github about the planetshine icon in the toolbar turning into a white square, does anyone have the same issue?

@Valerian I downloaded PlanetShine from CKAN and am having the missing PS icon in the toolbar as well (just as a confirmation of Berlins statement).

10 hours ago, Berlin said:

Yes it's missing.  Just download the old version and put the missing file into the planet shine folder

2 hours ago, Ignath said:

@Valerian I downloaded PlanetShine from CKAN and am having the missing PS icon in the toolbar as well (just as a confirmation of Berlins statement).

I just realized it was an issue with CKAN which was messing with PlanetShine folder structure, I sent them a pull request to fix it.

In the meantime you can fix it easily by fixing the folders according to that:

The intended folder structure is:

• GameData
    • PlanetShine
      • Config
      • Icons
      • Plugins

However currently CKAN is giving this unintended result:

• GameData
    • PlanetShine
      • Config
      • PlanetShine
        • Icons
        • Plugins

8 minutes ago, Valerian said:

I just realized it was an issue with CKAN which was messing with PlanetShine folder structure, I sent them a pull request to fix it.

In the meantime you can fix it easily by fixing the folders according to that:

The intended folder structure is:

• GameData
    • PlanetShine
      • Config
      • Icons
      • Plugins

However currently CKAN is giving this unintended result:

• GameData
    • PlanetShine
      • Config
      • PlanetShine
        • Icons
        • Plugins

Thanks!  I had fixed it myself by doing the same thing, but figured I'd let you know that I grabbed it from CKAN as that was likely the issue.

There are two versions of this one CKAN.  one of them has "default configuration" after it.  Is default configuration your suggest config?  Or does that set something else back to default?  Just wondering which to use.  Normally I install mods on my own but have been trying out CKAN lately and some of its quirks confuse me :)

7 hours ago, jpinard said:

There are two versions of this one CKAN.  one of them has "default configuration" after it.  Is default configuration your suggest config?  Or does that set something else back to default?  Just wondering which to use.  Normally I install mods on my own but have been trying out CKAN lately and some of its quirks confuse me :)

When you install PlanetShine with CKAN it will automatically force you to install either "PlanetShine - default configuration" or "Astronomer's pack - PlanetShine configuration".

This is working that way because some visual packs are changing the configuration of PlanetShine to a custom one, so currently PlanetShine on CKAN has been split in two mandatory parts, the core and the configuration, and currently the only visual pack providing a custom configuration is Astronomer's pack.

So yes, install the default configuration, and anyway it's entirely tweakable or resettable to the true original defaults from within the game.

Edited by Valerian

44 minutes ago, Valerian said:

When you install PlanetShine with CKAN it will automatically force you to install either "PlanetShine - default configuration" or "Astronomer's pack - PlanetShine configuration".

This is working that way because some visual packs are changing the configuration of PlanetShine to a custom one, so currently PlanetShine on CKAN has been split in two mandatory parts, the core and the configuration, and currently the only visual pack providing a custom configuration is Astronomer's pack.

So yes, install the default configuration, and anyway it's entirely tweakable or resettable to the true original defaults from within the game.

Thank you so much for the response valerian.  Now I have to look into this astronomers pack!  It was very late when I was putting mod packs together but it seemed like the descriptions were identical.  Maybe you could change the description of the astronomers pack planet shine to saying that?

Beautiful work on this and thanks so much for your time and effort :)

55 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Thank you so much for the response valerian.  Now I have to look into this astronomers pack!  It was very late when I was putting mod packs together but it seemed like the descriptions were identical.  Maybe you could change the description of the astronomers pack planet shine to saying that?

Beautiful work on this and thanks so much for your time and effort :)

Thank you.

Actually it was not me who splitted PlanetShine like that, but the people who were maintaining CKAN. And the person who is responsible of "Astronomer's pack - PlanetShine configuration" is Astronomer. His pack is not yet compatible with the latest version of KSP (1.1).

Edited by Valerian

8 minutes ago, Valerian said:

Thank you.

Actually it was not me who splitted PlanetShine like that, but the people who were maintaining CKAN. And the person who is responsible of "Astronomer's pack - PlanetShine configuration" is Astronomer. His pack is not yet compatible with the latest version of KSP (1.1).

So that's why I didn't see it.  Thanks for helping me fix my confusion.  Is that the same member Astronomer that a few years ago made a skybox and some other hi-Rez stuff?

49 minutes ago, jpinard said:

So that's why I didn't see it.  Thanks for helping me fix my confusion.  Is that the same member Astronomer that a few years ago made a skybox and some other hi-Rez stuff?

Yes, and he is still doing so.

@Valerian I have a feature request.  Can you add an option to remove the button from flight mode.  This would require you add the button to the space center scene so we can re-gain access, but for the most part PlanetShine is like Distant Object Enhancement, once you get the settings where you want them you probably aren't going to click that button ever again and it just adds clutter to the toolbar.  This would default with the button visible in flight of course. (DOE has a similar feature as well, basically I want you to mimic that feature)

3 hours ago, Alshain said:

@Valerian I have a feature request.  Can you add an option to remove the button from flight mode.  This would require you add the button to the space center scene so we can re-gain access, but for the most part PlanetShine is like Distant Object Enhancement, once you get the settings where you want them you probably aren't going to click that button ever again and it just adds clutter to the toolbar.  This would default with the button visible in flight of course. (DOE has a similar feature as well, basically I want you to mimic that feature)

I might do it if I start working again on PlanetShine, but it's not a priority.

You can achieve the same effect if you use the Toolbar plugin, which PlanetShine supports, and there will be an option in PlanetShine to remove the button from the stock button bar and use the Toolbar plugin instead. Then within the Toolbar plugin you can decide what you want to display or not, and when.

Hello and beware it's newbie-alert.

I got an issue and I'm not sure if it's Planet Shine or RSS.

Just check these screenshots, they show the issue clearly:

Spoiler

ELAeISh.png

m2flEBe.png

I posted this on the threads for PS and RSS.

Edit:

I recognized something.

When I start the game and directly load the last save, it's okay.

When I exit to main menu, change any graphics setting (back and forth), apply, accept and load the save game again, this issue occurs...

It also happens just entering the VAB and leaving it...

I tried -force-opengl and -force-d3d11, with and without -popupwindow, with FULLSCREEN = True and FULLSCREEN = False ...

Also hovering the mouse cursor over the several buildings shows me that they're showing the tool tips of other buildings, so something is misaligned...

Edited by Gordon Dry

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Hello and beware it's newbie-alert.

I got an issue and I'm not sure if it's Planet Shine or RSS.

Just check these screenshots, they show the issue clearly:

Hide contents

ELAeISh.png

m2flEBe.png

I posted this on the threads for PS and RSS.

Edit:

I recognized something.

When I start the game and directly load the last save, it's okay.

When I exit to main menu, change any graphics setting (back and forth), apply, accept and load the save game again, this issue occurs...

It also happens just entering the VAB and leaving it...

I tried -force-opengl and -force-d3d11, with and without -popupwindow, with FULLSCREEN = True and FULLSCREEN = False ...

Also hovering the mouse cursor over the several buildings shows me that they're showing the tool tips of other buildings, so something is misaligned...

I don't think it has anything to do with PlanetShine, are you sure you don't have this bug when PlanetShine is not installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.