[1.2] PlanetShine - v0.2.5.2 stable - v0.5 experimental [4 October 2016]

Valerian

51 minutes ago, IcePikmin said:

Any plans for 1.1.2? I keep getting a dialog telling me to use 1.1.

Thanks for this very helpful mod. It makes my night time orbits pleasurable without electric hogs. (The Lights.)

Damn already 2 updates? Sorry I didn't realize, I will update it, it should work fine though except for this warning.

Love this mod. So much so, that I forgot it was actually a mod and not part of the stock game. Can't wait to see implementation of the auto-planet detection. Would this feature also work in 'other star system' -type mods? e.g. a red dwarf sun gives a more ambient red color? Of course, I don't know if that would happen in real life, since I'm hardly a sciencer

34 minutes ago, t@ngent said:

Love this mod. So much so, that I forgot it was actually a mod and not part of the stock game. Can't wait to see implementation of the auto-planet detection. Would this feature also work in 'other star system' -type mods? e.g. a red dwarf sun gives a more ambient red color? Of course, I don't know if that would happen in real life, since I'm hardly a sciencer

It works with the experimental version of PlanetShine that you can also download, but I didn't update it for 1.1 yet.

The ambient color from the sun is already handled by Kopernicus, but yet almost no planet packs use this feature.

It works fine in 1.1.2 for me, despite the message. Tried fiddeling with the config but couldn't get rid of the messagte, but since it just pops up at the start I dont really care much, so no need for stress here.

By the way, great work!

7 hours ago, Broco said:

Tried fiddeling with the config but couldn't get rid of the messagte

just delete the MiniAVC.DLL file (and then do proper diligence in remaining up to date on your own without bugging the developer!)

If your mod usually works without modification for minor updates, is it possible to mark it as 1.1.99 on CKAN? For some reason (And this is entirely not your fault) the version check was triggering an exception in the CKAN application as I was attempting to install completely unrelated mods.

Thanks by the way, I really like this effect!

Kerbin now looks like this after uninstalling PlanetShine:

http://imgur.com/VXxo7kq

Win7 64bit, KSP 1.1.2 64bit, PS 0.2.5

What just happened? It only seems to be Kerbin, not all celestial bodies. I have no idea why this is the case. Is there anything else I can add to make assisting me any easier? I uninstalled because I think something was wrong with my installation. This mod looks beautiful, but in game everything seemed quite dark, much more than usual. I never saw any of the effects shown on the first page of this thread. My ships were so dark when not in direct sunlight they were almost impossible to see.

Edited by KocLobster

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this but i seem to be crashing in 1.1.2 with planetshine installed. I have other mods installed, but I tested it with and without the mod and this does seem to be the problem.

I know normally you're supposed to post like error messages if you have a problem, but i thought I'd ask if anyone else was having problems first

19 hours ago, impwarhamer said:

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this but i seem to be crashing in 1.1.2 with planetshine installed. I have other mods installed, but I tested it with and without the mod and this does seem to be the problem.

I know normally you're supposed to post like error messages if you have a problem, but i thought I'd ask if anyone else was having problems first

Probably RAM related, works fine for me and others if you'd care to scroll up

On 5/8/2016 at 1:28 PM, KocLobster said:

Kerbin now looks like this after uninstalling PlanetShine:

http://imgur.com/VXxo7kq

Win7 64bit, KSP 1.1.2 64bit, PS 0.2.5

What just happened? It only seems to be Kerbin, not all celestial bodies. I have no idea why this is the case. Is there anything else I can add to make assisting me any easier? I uninstalled because I think something was wrong with my installation. This mod looks beautiful, but in game everything seemed quite dark, much more than usual. I never saw any of the effects shown on the first page of this thread. My ships were so dark when not in direct sunlight they were almost impossible to see.

Reinstalling this mod returns Kerbin back to normal. I definitely feel this mod is the cause of the problem...too bad nobody is able/willing to help. :(

3 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Im not seeing quite as impressive results as the OP screenshots have. What settings should I mess with to make it have more 'pop'?

I had the same problem. This mod didn't do anything for me but make everything waaay to dark. And now uninstalling it makes Kerbin look funny, so I'm stuck with this dead weight.

4 hours ago, KocLobster said:

I had the same problem. This mod didn't do anything for me but make everything waaay to dark. And now uninstalling it makes Kerbin look funny, so I'm stuck with this dead weight.

You both have options in the mod GUI. Check it and play a bit with it to get your dessired look.

2 minutes ago, Proot said:

You both have options in the mod GUI. Check it and play a bit with it to get your dessired look.

I definitely tried this hoping it would work. I put the settings on high, and played with everything that I could. I wasn't able to ever produce anything meaningful though. :(

So for some reason the icon/button thingy for the planetshine settings in flight is completely white. It's click-able and everything works as it should but it's irritating. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mod list: 
Scatterer
chatterer
KER
Planetshine
RCS Sounds
Engine lights

45 minutes ago, Zombienoms said:

So for some reason the icon/button thingy for the planetshine settings in flight is completely white. It's click-able and everything works as it should but it's irritating. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mod list: 
Scatterer
chatterer
KER
Planetshine
RCS Sounds
Engine lights

Check your folder structure for Planetshine, it should look like this:

GameData

• PlanetShine
    • Config
    • Icons
    • Plugins

Config, Icons and Plugins should be inside the PlanetShine folder.  At one time there was an issue with the structure where there was another PlanetShine folder inside the PlanetShine folder, which the Icons and Plugins folder were in.  Putting Icons and Plugins folder into the top-level PlanetShine folder fixed the issue when I had it.

How do you install this pack? I tried putting config and icon folder into Planetshine folder, simply putting Planetshine folder in gamedata at it's original state, and the master folder in gamedata as is. Nothing worked. 

22 minutes ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

How do you install this pack? I tried putting config and icon folder into Planetshine folder, simply putting Planetshine folder in gamedata at it's original state, and the master folder in gamedata as is. Nothing worked. 

Are you using 1.1.2? If so, this mod doesn't work with 1.1.2.

55 minutes ago, Zombienoms said:

I'm in 1.1.2 and it works fine. Apart from the white button at least (I'll try the suggested fix later today).

Huh. That's weird, maybe it's updated and I didn't realize it or something. Last time I tried it didn't work.

In that case, I have no idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.