Fuel duct doesnt work. engine only takes fuel from attached tank

Hello,

i was building a SSTO today and found something weird.

The RAPIER engines only use the fuel from the tank they are attached to, the other two tanks placed exactly behind them dont give fuel to the engines.

There are no parts hidden inside the tanks.

I have tested it with and without fueld duct.

The side engines also using the tank as source like the RAPIER engines.

after the bicoupler is emty i the engines stiop working and the other two tanks are full. i still can transfer fuel to the bicoupler.

the two mk1 jet fuel tanks are not connected via a fuel duct to the bicoupler and the engines are not even trying to use their fuel.... must be some magical connection. maybe a new feature? invisible fuel lines? who knows?

i7 2860QM 2,50 Ghz

12GB Ram

Gtx560 Sli 1.5 gb VRAM each

Win 7 x64

i hope someone can help me with this.

regards

Mods installed:

42be221s8dup.png

here the screens:

sb5z2jvi6e19.jpg

d2341hmpnrix.jpg

3pyjeo3197c6.jpg

Umm... with the way you have the fuel lines set, this is correct.

The fuel search algorithm is looking at the part that the RAPIER is attached to, and it sees that there is fuel further from it. So it goes to the next tank.

Then it sees that there is a fuel line going INTO the middle tank that comes FROM the bicoupler (the arrows on the fuel line matter). So it drains fuel from the bicoupler, through the middle tank, back to the bicoupler, into the engine.

Solution: get rid of the fuel lines. Then it will behave as you expect.

doesnt work... the jet engines still are using the fuel from the bicoupler and all the other tanks are full...

i noticed that the jet engines are using the fuel from the bicouple first and then the fuel from the mk1 jet fueselage they are attached to. no fuel duct used.

abwo5hs5b5m.jpg

ra4ifkeqxanw.jpg

Are you certain you don't still have some fuel lines somewhere (e.g. underneath)? Also, in your last pics you are at 50+ km altitude and have 0 intake air so it isn't surprising that the jets aren't firing. They are still showing as having fuel in the staging list where the rapiers are showing as 0 fuel.

We will need a copy of the craft file to diagnose this further...

no fuel lines everywhere.

i shut down the engines because the air deprived and otherwise the craft would spin linke crazy because the engines dont shotdown at the same time when there is no air. the main problem are the RAPIER engines not firing in LF+O mode even if there is enough fuel (screenshot 1 third post)

i have build a new model from scratch that looks the same and now everything works.

i would assume its a weird Bug.

thank you for your support.

can be closed.

SP+ wings are fuel crossfeed enabled, but previous stock wings were not.

So the jets try to draw fuel from the Mk. 1 Fuselage, but going through the structural wing pieces, see that there's also fuel available in the Mk. 2 Bicoupler. Based on what I remember of the Fuel Flow Rules, that search should keep going forward to the front of the plane, unless you built it this way:

1. Built the central fuselage.
  2. Attached the triangular structural wings to the fuselage.
  3. Attached the rectangular wings to the triangular wings.
  4. Attached the Mk. 1 Fuselages to the rectangular wings.