Reaction wheels no longer work for me in .25

Just as it says. However about a week ago when I first started the game in .25 everything was working as it should.

Now, no matter what I'm flying, the craft will just spin and not maintain a heading whatsoever.

Doesn't matter if I'm in the Kerbin atmosphere or out in space.

Thought it was cause I was running a rocket with no thrust vectoring; got to space, jettisoned that stage and was down to just the command module (no other parts), and still, it just spins, won't keep a heading. SAS tab is clearly lit, tried resetting it with the 'f' key. Nope, won't maintain a heading at all.

Also, I was having no issues with this in career mode about a week ago. Well, I failed in career mode and started over today and now I'm having these problems. Haven't tried sandbox mode or science mode.

Forgot to mention I'm running the 64 bit version of KSP.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Mateo 1976
Forgot to mention something

About the only suggestion I can give, given the information you have supplied (and the information you haven't supplied; read and follow the instructions in the "Stock Support & Bug Reporting Guide" sticky thread in this sub-forum), is, if you are on windows then don't use the 64 bit version of KSP as it is unstable and, if you aren't using mods (as you shouldn't be if you are posting in this sub-forum, but without logs we can't tell) then there should be no need to do so. The issues usually cause "random" crashes but anything is possible...

Make sure you haven't hit Alt + (W, S, A, D, Q, E, or any other directional key), because that may cause trimming and make any vessel move constantly in one direction. I've had a problem like this before, and it was caused by changing to physic-warp and moving my craft at the same time.

About the only suggestion I can give, given the information you have supplied (and the information you haven't supplied; read and follow the instructions in the "Stock Support & Bug Reporting Guide" sticky thread in this sub-forum), is, if you are on windows then don't use the 64 bit version of KSP as it is unstable and, if you aren't using mods (as you shouldn't be if you are posting in this sub-forum, but without logs we can't tell) then there should be no need to do so. The issues usually cause "random" crashes but anything is possible...

I'm doing a fresh install. I'll try going back to 32bit mode and see if that helps me. If not, I'll post a more detailed log. Thanks. Also, not using mods since this is the un-modded forum.

check the resource tab to see if you have power (electricity) without it the reaction wheels won't function

Thanks for your reply ratchet. Yes, I know about the power for reactions wheels. This is happening not long after launching a craft. I'll double check anyhow.

Make sure you haven't hit Alt + (W, S, A, D, Q, E, or any other directional key), because that may cause trimming and make any vessel move constantly in one direction. I've had a problem like this before, and it was caused by changing to physic-warp and moving my craft at the same time.

turk,

are you saying that this problem you had only happens during a physics warp? I'm unaware of this issue with the Alt key. I'm doing a fresh install and switching back from 64bit to 32. Someone above me said that 64bit mode is unstable. If I encounter this again, I'll remember your post. Thanks.

turk,

are you saying that this problem you had only happens during a physics warp? I'm unaware of this issue with the Alt key. I'm doing a fresh install and switching back from 64bit to 32. Someone above me said that 64bit mode is unstable. If I encounter this again, I'll remember your post. Thanks.

No, it doesn't only happen with physic-warp. For example, next time you're flying a plane and you want it to stay relatively pitched up, hit Alt+S. Now your craft will constantly want to softly pitch up. If you look in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, you'll see something like this:

tYx6f9p.png

I only mentioned physwarp at the time because I came to the forums asking for help because my craft were also moving in one direction constantly, and I had no idea what was going on. Go ahead and show us a few screenshots of this happening to any craft if you wish. That might help us.

And yeah, 64-bit is REALLY buggy, I wouldn't even touch it.

Edited by turkwinif
Bottom left-hand corner, not right!

No, it doesn't only happen with physic-warp. For example, next time you're flying a plane and you want it to stay relatively pitched up, hit Alt+S. Now your craft will constantly want to softly pitch up. If you look in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, you'll see something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/tYx6f9p.png

I only mentioned physwarp at the time because I came to the forums asking for help because my craft were also moving in one direction constantly, and I had no idea what was going on. Go ahead and show us a few screenshots of this happening to any craft if you wish. That might help us.

And yeah, 64-bit is REALLY buggy, I wouldn't even touch it.

One more thing to add that I wasn't aware of in this game. Do you use this trim feature much?

Just as it says. However about a week ago when I first started the game in .25 everything was working as it should.

Now, no matter what I'm flying, the craft will just spin and not maintain a heading whatsoever.

Doesn't matter if I'm in the Kerbin atmosphere or out in space.

Thought it was cause I was running a rocket with no thrust vectoring; got to space, jettisoned that stage and was down to just the command module (no other parts), and still, it just spins, won't keep a heading. SAS tab is clearly lit, tried resetting it with the 'f' key. Nope, won't maintain a heading at all.

Also, I was having no issues with this in career mode about a week ago. Well, I failed in career mode and started over today and now I'm having these problems. Haven't tried sandbox mode or science mode.

Forgot to mention I'm running the 64 bit version of KSP.

Any suggestions?

So, I've done a fresh install and no longer using 64 bit. So far, so good. Thanks for the help y'all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.