Quick save and revert to launch bug 0.25

I have no idea what the hell is happening, but when ever I load a quick save or revert to launch my ships breaks,

the staging disappears and is moved out of frame,

MG9TwwY.png?1

The ship breaks in half so only the command pod and parachutes remain, but when I time warp it fixes itself

Im5AIYO.png?1

jPxvDbI.png?1

The only time this happens is when I was in an 80km orbit around kerbin, I haven't needed to load or revert outside of it though so I don't know if it would happen. Reverting to the VAB or SPH and then launching again doesn't have any problems and is the only may to fix my ships. If I leave the ship and switch to another, and then switch back the issue is still happening, Even after I exit the game.

I have no idea what's causing this issue.

I don't know if it's the mods I have or stock

The mods I have installed are

AIES Aerospace

DeadlyReentry

FerramAerospaceResearch

KerbalIspDifficultyScaler

KerbalJointReinforcement

Mechjeb2

Mechjeb2 Embedded

ProceduralDynamics

ProceduralFairings

ProceduralParts

RealChutes

Trajectories

And some other mods that make the mods run such as ModuleManager

I also have a texture pack for ProceduralParts

All of the mods are up to date or work with 0.25.

I've tried searching for this bug but I couldn't find anything, if anyone knows what this is or has come across the same issue please let me know and if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Edited by Bluelogic32

That's certainly an oddly specific bug. :huh: I'm fairly certain I've seen someone else post about disappearing sections of the ships in the last week, but I can't remember whether it was here or in the stock support forum.

Could you provide the rest of the information requested in the How to Get Support sticky? In particular, a log after causing the bug, mod versions, and your computer platform.

I've encountered the exact same bug.

Do you use RealChutes, by any chance? If so, try deleting Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg from GameData/RealChute/ModuleManager.

RealChutes has a bug that causes this exact issue with stock chutes. Deleting the MM config for them in the RealChutes folder fixes the issue, but reverts them to stock behavior. If this is the case for you, just stick to using the RealChute parachutes.

I've encountered the exact same bug.

Do you use RealChutes, by any chance? If so, try deleting Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg from GameData/RealChute/ModuleManager.

RealChutes has a bug that causes this exact issue with stock chutes. Deleting the MM config for them in the RealChutes folder fixes the issue, but reverts them to stock behavior. If this is the case for you, just stick to using the RealChute parachutes.

I do use realchutes, I thought I listed it. I'll try deleting the MM config snd see if it helps. Thabks for your help :)

I am getting the same Bug. At first i was able to run many missions, using revert, quickload, spacecenter, etc. Now it happens every single time. the game is unplayable. I also use realchutes but regardless, because most of my constructs don't even have the stock chute on them. Some had been in orbits doing survey (SCANsat) and were fine, now... all craft whether new or older designs suffer this. Also if I separate a lander from a Cmd Module in an orbit - when i return to it after landing - I find it has blown up, and all that usually remains is just the module and no crew.

hopefully someone discovers this soon. In the meantime for me its broken. Wish I had stayed in .24

:huh:

EDIT: downloaded lastest versions of MODS... looks like the 2.5.3 ? version of RealChutes fixed my problem, though i cannot confirm.

My thanks to the hard work and effort by the Modders .. it is greately appreciated your at times thankless work.

Edited by philbo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.