[0.90] DDSLoader 1.9 (Mar 9) - Loads DDS Texture "Boringly fast" edition

sarbian

1.9 released. It fix an Unity bug for those playing in half or quarter texture resolution and would end up not loading some texture. (for me it did not load the RPM navbal texture when converted to DDS).

Justin Kerbice : Version stuck at 1.7 is on purpose so mods that call DDSLoader (RSS) don't need a recompile for each release.

Post your broken dds somewhere so I can test.

@Sarbian, I like to report an issue with v1.9. But I do not know what is causing it.

In the VAB with v1.9, KSP's ram profile rapidly grows while idling/doing nothing. For my modded install this means, it hits 3.1Gb within 3 min while looking at an empty VAB.

Reverting back to v1.8 and ram consumption does note rise out of the ordinary like with 1.9.

Output log does not show any erroneous messages, or anything out of the order, when I compare 1.9 vs 1.8.

DDSLoader does not run at all outside the Loading Screen. I think that you are seeing something from an other mod that use a DSS or one texture you converted. Can you post a log anyway, so I can look at what you have installed ?

(PROBLEM SOLVED)I've experienced a bug that I can't start my second stage until I move my First Stage onto the top of the stage list. After separation or so the first stage bracket (that thing... I don't know how to describe) doesn't disappear and it can't be deleted. Any solutions?

Windows 10 build 9926 x64 + KSP 0.90 x32 + DDS Loader v1.9

Oh, and one more thing, after adding DDSLoader my KSP starts generating continuous decouple sound after first stage ignition, and can't be switched off by game setting configs.

I'm going to get the log, so you'll see this sentence before I get it.

(Problem: FMRS can't read its icon)

Edited by 01010101lzy
Refreshing status

Hopefully this will help. Even with aggressive ATM, it only takes a few biomehopper launch and landings for the lighting to freak out and do this:

screenshot15_zpsjlq97q4m.png

Which btw is a sign that KSP is on the verge of running out of memory, it crashes when I go to space center 100% of the time from that point.

Do I also need http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter ? Edit: Though I guess I should get that unless I want to manually convert all of them to DDS.

Edit: This exception might need looking into, or maybe it's from the DDS converter tool, not sure. I'm asking about it in the MKS/OKS thread.

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Kolonization\OrbitalLogistics.png".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KolonyTools.MKSLlocal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by smjjames

Here's a weird anomaly. I used Shaws converter and now a 'storm' hangs over the Space Center :)

Sometimes it goes away if I switch around between active vessels in space or buildings...I can fly through it, it's doesn't seem to affect anything. I tried time warping and at the highest time warp speed the storm cloud doesn't move at all, but all other clouds do! At low time warp speeds, it moves along with the higher clouds, but you can see it regenerate itself when the edge seems to just clear the Space Center.

I'm going to try copying the original cloud files back and see what happens.

ySHUT30.png

Here's a weird anomaly. I used Shaws converter and now a 'storm' hangs over the Space Center :)

Sometimes it goes away if I switch around between active vessels in space or buildings...I can fly through it, it's doesn't seem to affect anything. I tried time warping and at the highest time warp speed the storm cloud doesn't move at all, but all other clouds do! At low time warp speeds, it moves along with the higher clouds, but you can see it regenerate itself when the edge seems to just clear the Space Center.

http://i.imgur.com/ySHUT30.png

If that can be isolated and reliably reproduced, then it can be incorporated as a 'feature' in weather mods... That is a very beautiful storm cloud, even if unintended...

If that can be isolated and reliably reproduced, then it can be incorporated as a 'feature' in weather mods... That is a very beautiful storm cloud, even if unintended...

It was weird. That was with EVE 7-4 and AVP Beta 3, after converting to DDS, in the linux 64bit client. That got me looking at other configs and I've since switched to KSPRC and removed that EVE config so it's gone now :(

Edit: This exception might need looking into, or maybe it's from the DDS converter tool, not sure. I'm asking about it in the MKS/OKS thread.

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Kolonization\OrbitalLogistics.png".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KolonyTools.MKSLlocal..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

(Filename: Line: -1)

This exception means that MKS obviously explicitly references that texture by file name, so it must stay in PNG format. Which DDS converter tool are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/ySHUT30.png

My converter probably converted something it shoudn't ... I haven't ever tested it with AVP.

Edited by shaw

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the whole idea got "stocked" ! All textures have been converted to DDS and the DDS loader itself has been overhauled. On my SSD, KSP loads under 20 seconds. Wow. I hope this will set the DDS standard for all mods. On the other hand, we're going to run short of memory really soon on Windows...

I guess stock would have never got this feature if you hadn't done DDSLoader first.

So - mission (improve KSP load time and memory usage) accomplished!

DDSLoader - enjoy your (well deserved) retirement! :D